View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 108-62 win over UNCG?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Singler

21 16.03%
  • Nolan Smith

97 74.05%
  • Miles Plumlee

9 6.87%
  • Ryan Kelly

2 1.53%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Mason Plumlee

1 0.76%
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

1 0.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. UNCG (Dec 29, 2010)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 108-62 win over UNCG?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Coach K because he has done it with class over the past 880 wins.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Coach K because he has done it with class over the past 880 wins.
    Totally concur.

Miles Plumlee...but seriously Coach K.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Nolan was rollin'.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Coach Krzyzewski
    Last edited by MarkD83; 12-29-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: corrected for spelling. I spelled his name with just a K the first time.

Refuse to vote because he's not on there. Here's to 880 more!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    From my view, I have to declare a tie between Nolan and Kyle. Honorable Mention to Miles. Jason Williams commented during the game that the staff has been working hard with Miles and Mason to have them focus on going up strong with the intention to dunk when they get opportunities verses trying to avoid getting their shot blocked. Miles for sure took that instruction to heart. Hope to see much more of this from him and Mason the rest of the way.

Coach Krzyzewski! What more can we say? We are lucky, fortunate, blessed, etc etc that he is our Coach of the last 30+ years. To witness and be a part of this kind of history is just an amazing thing. The guy is a genius.

Since Nolan and Kyle were off the chain, and someone possessed Miles' body, and K passed Dean -- I'll vote for Jason "not Jay" Williams for telling some good stories.

honorable mention: Seth, Ryan, Andre, Josh (really gonna like that guy going forward), and Tyler.

Who voted for someone other than Nolan, Kyle or Miles? Must have been a family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post

Coach Krzyzewski! What more can we say? We are lucky, fortunate, blessed, etc etc that he is our Coach of the last 30+ years. To witness and be a part of this kind of history is just an amazing thing. The guy is a genius.
    I expect this is the way that UCLA's fans felt during the amazing run of that team under Coach Wooden. I agree that it is wonderful to be a part (OK, a tiny part) of this kind of history.

Nolan: 9 assists and according to ESPN zero turnovers along with other impressive stats. Kyle was superb also. Congrats to Coach K!

I will not vote until Coach K is put in that list.

While HE might not like it, he is a very modest man, and there comes a time when modesty must be put aside!

My vote went to Nolan. At the half my wife said to me, " Number 2 is pretty good isn't he, he's already got 22 points."

9 Assists, 5 boards, 3 steals, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls. Very nice work by our point guard tonight.

I also really liked Miles' defense tonight. I would have liked to see him grab a couple more boards.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    My vote went to Nolan. At the half my wife said to me, " Number 2 is pretty good isn't he, he's already got 22 points."
    I almost spit my coffee into the screen. Yes, there is a Santa Claus and Number 2 is pretty good!!!! lol

Does wifey watch the Duke games with you, or just a little bit, kinda sorta. My family went to games, football and basketball together, and My Mother, knew everything about the team players. At home, we would listen to the Duke radio, along with the away game on tv.

My Father and I both would pace in front of the tv, and my Mother always called us "Coachs". Miss, my parents since they are both deceased..... but memories like that, stay with you forever.

I know, somewhere in Heaven, the Basketball Gods, are celebrating Coach K Milestone record with 880!!!

My Vote is for COACH K!!! Coach is the Man of the Game! But Nolan and Kyle were doing their thing and leading the Blue Devils!!! Miles, was throwing down those dunks with authority!!! Go Duke!!!

COACH K.... Dec 29 2010 was your Game!!

Kyle's Stroke

There is nothing more fun to watch than Kyle Singler receive a basketball for a shot! He is so fluid in shot. Its amazing how smoothly he accepts a pass, on the move, squares his feet perfectly, and puts up that money shot... You count it before it even gets close to net. His NBA range 3's last night in the first half were fantastic. He is really getting hot and I dont think anyone will stop him from this point on.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Who voted for someone other than Nolan, Kyle or Miles? Must have been a family member.
    You could definitely say Seth deserves a nod... He was on last night. Such a good lookin stroke.

Kyle is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by smcook313 View Post
    There is nothing more fun to watch than Kyle Singler receive a basketball for a shot! He is so fluid in shot. Its amazing how smoothly he accepts a pass, on the move, squares his feet perfectly, and puts up that money shot... You count it before it even gets close to net. His NBA range 3's last night in the first half were fantastic. He is really getting hot and I dont think anyone will stop him from this point on.
    I was thinking along these lines while watching the game. Kyle may have a so-so scoring game once in a while. However he does so much for the team that he sometimes does not get credit for it. His jump shot is a thing of beauty but it doesn't stop there. He posts up, he rebounds, he passes and he plays good defense. One of the best all around players that has put on the Duke uniform. But in the end I voted for Nolan in this game as he had a great all around game as well. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I was thinking along these lines while watching the game. Kyle may have a so-so scoring game once in a while. However he does so much for the team that he sometimes does not get credit for it. His jump shot is a thing of beauty but it doesn't stop there. He posts up, he rebounds, he passes and he plays good defense. One of the best all around players that has put on the Duke uniform. But in the end I voted for Nolan in this game as he had a great all around game as well. Go Duke!
    I also voted for Nolan. This may not come out right but hear me out. Kyle's game is irreplaceable, he's one of the best 3/4 men that Duke has had the privaledge to have BUT I think Nolan's play will determine our April dreams. Again, it's not like Kyle can just shut off for tourney but I'm also not worried about him doing this. He is so consistant and so good that we are all so spoiled to expect his 15+ points, 5+ rebounds, and his unmeasurable leadership contributions on the court.

Nolan, on the other hand, is the most critical piece to our team this year. He has been given the task of playing out of position and been told to lead the #1 team in the nation to another National Championship. The pressure must be incredible. His poise would tell you otherwise. KI being sidelined has put Duke's season in the hands of the finest off ball guard in the game. Notice, I didnt say on ball. He is not only accepting his role, he's destroyin it! He is adapting to play the most challenging posistion in college basketball and its flawless. At the end of the year, I think Nolan will have made Harrison Barnes' Preseason All American vote look absolutely silly. Nolan will, and should, be on every ballot in this country. His play determines our finale and no matter the outcome, we all have to appreciate Nolan for everything that he is as player. We are privaledged to watch him.