Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    We are PEAKING.

Nolan on Kendall was incredible. The Plumlees are playing as good as they have all year. I'm feeling good about our chances for that last #1 seed.

Congratulations. That was an impressive team effort, with emphasis on both the words team and effort. Duke fought hard for forty minutes and deserved to win. That many people contribute on a consistent basis and Duke will be tough to beat.

As for UNC we have to figure out how to start better. This one was lost in the first ten minutes, as our previous two almost were. It's really a head scratcher. Not sure if it is a function of inexperience or something else, but it a serious problem that we don't have much time to solve.

This smile is gonna last for a while. This is so much sweeter to take it to UNC like this. Congrats to the guys. Great team play. Go Duke

Awesome performance by the entire team. The all-around game by Smith is incredible - controlling the game, scoring, and terrific defense. #1 seed and ACC champs!

Clinic

Clinic by staff, clinc by players, starters and reserves. Kendall Marshall won't forget this day...our reserves got back their 3's and confidence...best win of the yr, great mo!,,sweet!,,

I just wanted to say congratulations to our devils for the HUGE win, and their, what is it?, 18th ACC championship? Great game guys. K said in the interview that they played "decent" defense. DECENT? I thought it was GREAT defense. Anyway, so happy for our guys. Great job.

Defense wins Championships. Making shots helps as well. We did both today...way to go...true team effort.
    Windy City Devil

yesterday on the pregame thread. someone said one of the keys was to shoot 50% from the field. I scoffed at that comment in my mind to be honest, because when really was the last time we shot as good or better than 50% from the field the entire season? Ironically, we shot EXACTLY 50.0% from the field today. I liked how we played inside out today. Getting open 3's off of kick outs from the post. It makes us that much harder to guard

So the best game of the year. Amazing!

Yes!!! Congratulations fellas. 10 out of 13. Very impressive. Todays team would be very tough to out in the tourney.

I'll admit, I was worried coming into today. UNC just looked like a horrible matchup for us in the 1st 2 meetings. Nolan and Seth basically carried us to victory in the 1st one but that doesn't seem like a reliable road to victory. I thought we needed to do something different, something to change the way the game was played.

You saw it from the opening tip. The only thing we changed was the defensive intensity. But what a spectacular change it was. It looked like 2 entirely different teams out there from the 1st 2 meetings. Duke's guards just took it to UNC's guards. The big men more than held their own. Kyle more than matched Harrison.

It was great to see and has me totally pumped for the NCAA tournament. Give us our #1 seed! We earned it today.

Anybody out there love this team? They did us proud today!!!!!

Congrats guys! Payback is so sweet! 6 more games until I can get my Nolan Smith jersey!

On a side note...does anyone know where I can get one of those "ONE" t-shirts?

What a relief! My poor mom (84) got herself so worked up I was afraid she might have a heart attack! Now, if I can just get her to stop shaking...

Great victory - does anyone else feel that unc just gave up the last couple of minutes? The didn't even try the "foul to get the ball back"...and we weren't doing fantastic on free throws. Kinda weird...

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Did you notice how Prince Harry wouldn't look Nolan in the eye in the hand shake line?
    Yes! Maybe he thought he should have been ACC POTY.

The best part of this win was that all week all we heard was how UNC proved they were the best of the ACC.

Wonder if this game will send Wheat into hiding again.

Hopefully, this isn't peaking too early. But it is amazing how K can turn it on.

What a turnaround after last week's disaster. Great D on all fronts; bigs, Marshall, Barnes. Shut' em all down but Zeller, and he wasn't enough. Nice to see our bigs
    play big on both ends of the floor. Classic win!

total domination...

guess the black pigeon needs some more work..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Probably not saying anything that hasn't been said or will be said... but simply a marvelous game to watch, and I loved the contributions from the entire team. Congrats on winning the ACCT 3 straight years, and 10 of 13, I believe?

The Granddaddy of em all!

the start we all wanted!!!

nolan and kyle take kendall and prince harry out of the game.

everybody steps up.

every time they pushed, we pushed back...harder.

great game plan.

momentum!!

it is SO sweet!