Thread: Mbb- uva/ncsu

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Mbb- uva/ncsu

UVA is a couple minutes away from sharing 1st place with us at 5-2. They broke open a close game with State and are leading by 11 with about 5 minutes left.

They are proving to be a formidable team. Looks like this Bennett guy was a great hire. They have played very good defense tonight and they are very good at controlling the clock and getting good efficient shots on offense. Impressive.

Javi Gonzalez got majorly posterized by one of the UVA guys on a fast break. Made the fatal mistake of challenging a fastbreak dunk. Although, the UVA kid should have recieved a tech for taunting as he immediately got in Javi's face after the play. But I guess only guys named Henderson or Ewing get those kinds of tech;s.

At any rate, the wahoo's continue to impress. They are playing their way into the Big Dance at this point..

Just looked at the box score and really Virginia did not have a stellar game- Landesberg was 2-10. State must have been awful.

The trend continues

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    ... State must have been awful.
    EXCEPT when they play Duke...

k

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Just looked at the box score and really Virginia did not have a stellar game- Landesberg was 2-10. State must have been awful.
    I did not see all of the game but caught parts of both halves. What UVA did was play great defense while I was watching. Very aggressive and took away most of what State was trying to do.

State led 32-29 and UVA went on a 9-0 run and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I did not see all of the game but caught parts of both halves. What UVA did was play great defense while I was watching. Very aggressive and took away most of what State was trying to do.

State led 32-29 and UVA went on a 9-0 run and never looked back.
    Exactly. UVA did display some defense, and they controlled the boards. Their offense included 14 assists which helped a whole lot. There was a pretty dramatic moment in the middle of the second half. Farrakhan had a breakaway off a State turnover. His dunk resulted in an old fashioned three, but the hard foul almost resulted in disaster for UVA. As Farrakhan faced off nose to nose with the state guy that fouled him, but Landesberg casually, firmly stepped in between them with a congratulatory hug for Farrakhan. It as over in a split second, and Landesberg showed some real leadership. Good job, hoos.

Oh, yeah. Colorado has just beat Kansas 72-66 in OT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post

Oh, yeah. Colorado has just beat Kansas 72-66 in OT!!!
    Sadly, you have the teams reversed. KU won.

[QUOTE=Boozer;359001Looks like this Bennett guy was a great hire.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see this NCSU game but watched the UNC game. During the game, G-man said that Bennett's ways are somewhat less "abrasive" (or something like that) than Leitao. It appears to me that Bennett seems to get his team to rally around him... kinda like what Coach Cut did for Duke football. And Bennet'sts demeanor seems to embrace this. Maybe that's all that VA needed. Hopefully for them, this is a good, long tenure.