Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nancy Grace is at it again

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/448049...entertainment/

Not sure if you've followed the Amanda Knox case, but its a big deal here in Seattle (its her hometown). The case has a lot of parallels to the Lacrosse case, especially an over-zealous prosecutor, and now Nancy Grace.

What a maroon. Hard to believe she has her own show.

Watch her and listen to her on Dancing with the Stars. At times she appears rather vulnerable, powerless and barely competent for the tasks she's given. Seeing the contrast in behavior in the two different environments suggests the personality projected on HNL is created for effect.... not very genuine.

Why does anyone listen to this lady? She is a firebrand, a bomb thrower, and she focuses on self aggrandizement. She offers nothing of value. My only response if she comes on the TV screen is to change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattledukie View Post
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/448049...entertainment/

Not sure if you've followed the Amanda Knox case, but its a big deal here in Seattle (its her hometown). The case has a lot of parallels to the Lacrosse case, especially an over-zealous prosecutor, and now Nancy Grace.

What a maroon. Hard to believe she has her own show.
    Grace: if the police make an arrest the arrestee must be guilty. end of discussion. police and prosecutors always right.

How did this lady ever pass the ethics section of the bar exam, particularly the portion that deals with the duties of public prosecutors?

She better stay in entertainment because no prosecutor or law firm will ever hire her, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Why does anyone listen to this lady? She is a firebrand, a bomb thrower, and she focuses on self aggrandizement. She offers nothing of value. My only response if she comes on the TV screen is to change the channel.
    Precisely, I66.

Plus, everyone knows she rapes puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    She better stay in entertainment
    And not entertainment as in "dancing" since she's about as light-footed as a rhino.
    She's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    And not entertainment as in "dancing" since she's about as light-footed as a rhino.
    She's hilarious!
    Yes, although for better or worse, she outlasted Ron Artest!

A juror speaks out in Knox's favor

AP article in the AJC.

I wonder what Nancy Grace has to say about this.

One of the jurors who overturned Amanda Knox's murder conviction said Friday he was never convinced by the "conjecture" of the prosecution's case and that he believed the U.S. student and her co-defendant simply didn't kill her British roommate.

In an interview Friday with Italy's state-run RAI television, Chialli said he had spent a lot of time during the 10-month appeals trial reading the faces of Knox and Sollecito and determined they were telling the truth in insisting on their innocence.

"I saw the faces of these two kids, and they couldn't bluff. They didn't bluff. My point of view is that these kids weren't guilty. They weren't there," he said.
    Hmmn. Juror says, after 10 months of observing, that the Prosecution's case is based on conjecture and also makes favorable credibility finding. Nancy Grace bases her conclusion on conjecture and her belief that prosecutors and police never make mistakes.

I'd bet Grace doesn't want that juror anywhere near her, since he would eviscerate her sense of the world. "Hey, Nancy! Here's someone who actually knows what this trial was all about, prosecutorial conjecture. Wanna comment?" "Get out of my way, I've got to get over to make-up..."

Or, Grace could read this

article in The Guardian by Ian Leslie, the author of Born Liars; Why We Can't Live Without Deceit.

In the days and weeks following the discovery of Meredith Kercher's body, Italian police found no physical evidence linking Amanda Knox to the murder. But then, they didn't need it: they could tell Knox was guilty just by looking at her. "We were able to establish guilt," said Edgardo Giobbi, the lead investigator, "by closely observing the suspect's psychological and behavioural reaction during the interrogation. We don't need to rely on other kinds of investigation." Giobbi said that his suspicions were first raised just hours after the murder, at the crime scene, when he watched Knox execute a provocative swivel of her hips as she put on a pair of shoe covers.

Little about Knox's behaviour during that time matched how the investigators imagined a wrongfully accused woman should conduct herself. She appeared too cool and calm, they said – and yet also, it seems, oddly libidinous. One policeman said she "smelled of sex", and investigators were particularly disturbed by a video that first appeared on YouTube, shortly after the investigation began, which showed Knox and Raffaele Sollecito in each other's arms outside the cottage in which Kercher was murdered, as the investigation proceeded inside.

In fact, the video is anything but sexy. Knox, looking wan and dazed, exchanges chaste kisses with Sollecito, who rubs her arm consolingly. But the police professed shock. "Knox and Sollecito would make faces, kiss each other, while there was the body of a friend in those conditions," tutted Monica Napoleoni, head of Perugia's murder squad. A detective said he complained to Knox when she sat on Sollecito's lap, describing her behaviour as "inappropriate". Knox later explained to Rolling Stone magazine, via an intermediary, that she had been pacing up and down when Sollecito pulled her on to his knees to comfort her. The only strange thing about this is that an explanation for simple physical affection became necessary.
    Demeanor is very tough and not all that reliable even in the best of circumstances. The same society, same language, same general values are all helpful, but far from unquestionable factors. Usually, there are elements other than demeanor that lead to credibility findings: some kind of physical evidence, a writing, an eyewitness (they can't always be trusted, either), an admission against interest. Plausibility is the watchword. Nothing like that was present in the Knox accusation. The claim that she was a promiscuous adventurer was totally without evidentiary support, yet the prosecution to this day is still ringing that gong. And even if it was true, how does it lead to a stabbing murder?

But Grace?...Well, she is simply non compos mentis when it comes to issues like this. She's worse than the both the Italian cops and the blood-seeking tabloid papers, whether from Italy or the UK (or sometimes the U.S.). She didn't even have what the Italian authorities had. All she had were Italian and Brit headlines. <sarc> Maroon</sarc> is not a strong enough description to apply to Grace.

Did Nancy Grace bother to appear on her show after Knox was freed, or did she pull another no-show like she did the day NC Atty. General Cooper made the "innocent" statement during the lax fiasco?

I hope she didn't show. Consistently gutless just seems to fit her like a glove.

The Jon Stewart clip is always worth another watch:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...non--rape-case
    Last edited by killerleft; 10-08-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: add, change
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Did Nancy Grace bother to appear on her show after Knox was freed, or did she pull another no-show like she did the day NC Atty. General Cooper made the "innocent" statement during the lax fiasco?

I hope she didn't show. Consistently gutless just seems to fit her like a glove.

The Jon Stewart clip is always worth another watch:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...non--rape-case
    I don't watch her show and you'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to watch Dancing with the Stars. So, the Daily Show and the Colbert Report give me most of my exposure to Grace.

And that's enough. I can't totally dismiss the possibility that those sources are cherrypicking out of context. But she seems totally repugnant, without any apparent redeeming features.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I don't watch her show and you'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to watch Dancing with the Stars. So, the Daily Show and the Colbert Report give me most of my exposure to Grace.

And that's enough. I can't totally dismiss the possibility that those sources are cherrypicking out of context. But she seems totally repugnant, without any apparent redeeming features.

Now now, whatever else she is, she is a human being... probably.

NG can rot in hell and have vutures pick at the carcass. And I'd say worse except I hate to be be suspended for the rest of football season.

Nonnie always said that if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all. As far as Nancy Grace is concerned, I'll follow Nonnie's advice - I bet she can whistle.

lives near a number of big white buildings
    She has no place on television.
    Last edited by SmartDevil; 10-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Cool Couch Slouch Weighs In

Norman Chad's true fact #18 in today's column:

"Nancy Grace is on 'Dancing with the Stars.' What, Squeaky Fromme bailed?"

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Norman Chad's true fact #18 in today's column:

"Nancy Grace is on 'Dancing with the Stars.' What, Squeaky Fromme bailed?"

sagegrouse
    "9. The Decline of American Civilization in a nutshell: Somehow, in the last half-century of television we’ve gone from Kitty Carlisle to Snooki."

Throw in Jaye P. Morgan and Fannie Flagg, and he's all over it.

And One More...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "9. The Decline of American Civilization in a nutshell: Somehow, in the last half-century of television we’ve gone from Kitty Carlisle to Snooki."

Throw in Jaye P. Morgan and Fannie Flagg, and he's all over it.
    I liked the one that, as I remember it was, "I have no respect for sideline reporters, except for those at the Running of the Bulls."

sagegrouse
    'I also liked the one from someone local who asked, "Figure skating an Olympic sport? Nahhh! Unless the skaters are being chased by a Zamboni machine"'

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluelemur View Post
    Now now, whatever else she is, she is a human being... probably.
    She's actually the Anti-Christ. If you watch closely, without blinking, you will notice that occasionally she looks directly into the camera and for a nanosecond horns protrude, her eyes burn red and she flicks out a 12 inch forked tongue. I’m pretty sure it’s some sort of subliminal call to arms for her demon army to assemble and start killing puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yes, although for better or worse, she outlasted Ron Artest!
    Nancy was a better dancer than Ron Artest! Chaz Bono is still on DWTS. And should have been banished the first week. Two of the best dancers have been eliminated (Kristen and Chynna).

As a Dance major from college, and years of formal classes and competition, and teaching all types of dance, Nancy Grace is far better than Chaz Bono. The 4 eliminated should be Ron, Chaz, Carson and Nancy. DWTS has become about people voting for Popularity and Not about the Dance competition.

My favorites in DWTS are: Rikki Lake and Derek, JR Martinez and Karina, and Hope Solo and Maks.

However, Nancy Grace since the days of blasting our LAX boys, and throwing them to the wolves, I have NOT watched her show since. She wore the nickname of "TOT MOM" completely out with the Casey/Cayley Anthony case.

Nancy is loud and abrasive on her Talk Show, and mild and meek on DWTS. Dancing is clearly not her element; but with her age and plus size, she has been doing very well and remembered her Dance Choreography, and performed up to her ability. Chynna Phillips completely flubbed this week, and forget her Dance, and never got back into sync.

I VOTE every week for DWTS! Without bias.