Page 232 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1321822222302312322332342422823327321232 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yes, perhaps we should maintain a historical record of the ratio?

(Really? No, not really.)
    You're right-not really. We can trust our fading memories to remember early ratios of 1:2 and see if they reach the "usual" thread ratios of 1:10 or 1:20.

Can I join the PWing fun?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Can I join the PWing fun?
    You just did.

The three of you instigators are shameless, indeed.

I wish the Mods had added this total randomness to the LTE -- it still hasn't reached BB status, and we haven't made up much ground in his absence.

Haha, depends on what your measurement tolerance is. The LTE is within 10% of BB.

Smile Hurray for the two threads!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Haha, depends on what your measurement tolerance is. The LTE is within 10% of BB.
    To quote the originator of the LTE:
    "I say we go for it."

I believe that this new thread is more of a Stream of Consciousness thread. To me, the LTE is more like a Seinfeldian thread about nothing... or string of nothings (better known as everything). I believe both threads have their place in the polite corner tavern known as the DBR, and I believe each thread serves a general purpose.

I kind of like having both threads out there. It makes things easier to follow too.

The LTE can pick up steam pretty easily. Part of the difficulty with the LTE right now is that some of us are distracted by the comedic tragedy of the American political campaign. That distracts us from commenting on yogurt, Billybreen, and life in general.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

The inconsistencies regarding Peter's powers are absurd. Ever since early in season one the show has done a horrible job of explaining how Peter's powers work. The moment he was near Sylar, he should have gotten Sylar's powers. Dumb.

As for why he would want Sylar's power, recall that one of Sylar's abilities is that he makes a pwoer stronger when he gets it. He "understands" the power better so he can use it more effictively.

--Jason "I am still not watching" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

I wish the Mods had added this total randomness to the LTE -- it still hasn't reached BB status, and we haven't made up much ground in his absence.
    Only a seasoned poster could understand this post. The "LTE," the "BB," the "Mods," etc.

I mean that as a good thing. Group hug.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Don't forget that EarlJam will be there in Durham next weekend.

We might have three of the top five posters in one location at one time.

Is there Wifi where Brunchgate takes place?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    There is Wifi in Krzyzewskiville. I wonder if the coverage extends to the B3 lot? And will we need passwords to log on?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

Thank you.

IIRC, didn't 3 other folks (who will remain nameless-cough, cough) participate in something similar several months ago...

I am not sure where the original 57 posts here were transplanted from, although I think it was probably from several different threads.

Don't worry, the LTE is still alive and well with many participants, both new and old.

#60 on the replies parade-with a bullet

In the spirit of "shameless" PWing... Post.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The admittedly old-fashioned, yet still unequaled tactile and intellectual pleasure of reading the newspaper is totally singular. I would be considerably aggrieved if the true format bit the dust. In my estimation, the print media is by definition superior to broadcast or any other format.
    What wilson said! My company sure hopes there are lots more people like you out there. We spend a lot of time making sure that the color looks right for the old fashioned medium. I would be really surprised if we saw the disappearance of newspapers in our life time.

You are such a... "pottymouth".

guess other "instigators" of this thread wore themselves out yesterday

I've got yard work and reading to catch up on and, now that I mention it, my carpals and metacarpals are kinda fatigued...

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    You are such a... "pottymouth".
    You mean "an" 'pottymouth'. Get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    In the spirit of "shameless" PWing... Post.
    C'mon, you can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    You mean "an" 'pottymouth'. Get it right.
    Not necessarily. You could be a (blank) OR you could be an (blank).

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    C'mon, you can do better than that.
    You are correct. But then it wouldn't be "shameless".

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I stayed overnight in Brattleboro, Vermont last night. I had breakfast out this morning, French toast with maple syrup and since I was by myself, I really wanted something to read, so I picked up the local paper. I'd hate not being able to read the paper over breakfast and I don't mean from a laptop.