Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&BlackSheep View Post
    How could Vitale and Bonner proclaim so definitively that Allen did not throw it in his face on purpose? Andre's whole body was out of bounds and he had all the time in the world to decide where to throw it. He could hit any part of his body yet he hits him in the middle of the face?

I understand not proclaiming that he did because how could you know. But the reverse is true as well.

Man that pissed me off.
    I watched on Raycom and G-Man/Brando both called Allen out. Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Yeah, the photo was taken from a game two years ago at Maryland, of all places. VT actually did something right and suspended Allen for a game after he did this.

story
    Allen has had a chip on his shoulder since his freshman year. He is a local kid and seemed to get into some sort of altercation (pushing, shoving, overly agressive fouls,trash talking) in every Maryland game the past four years. VT has put up with his misbehaviour and, as a result, he goes overboard at times. Based on past experience, it appeared to me that neither incident yesterday was an accident.

gw67

Wait

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post
    Allen has had a chip on his shoulder since his freshman year. He is a local kid and seemed to get into some sort of altercation (pushing, shoving, overly agressive fouls,trash talking) in every Maryland game the past four years. VT has put up with his misbehaviour and, as a result, he goes overboard at times. Based on past experience, it appeared to me that neither incident yesterday was an accident.

gw67
    Wait! You mean Seth runs a loose ship?

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    I just always enjoyed the annual Seth Greenberg sob-fest portion of CBS Selection Sunday. It was always so dramatic, Seth on the phone complaining about VaTech getting left out of the dance yet again...

Usually, it came about 15 minutes into the show and somewhere in the dialogue was, "but, we beat Duke in the regular season... waaaaaa... Mommy!"
    Seth and his bunch of crybabies. Chokies it is.

There was a little "moment" after Fri night's game. Seth's daughter-cheerleader came over to grab her father in a hug but he was being embraced by one of his players. He didn't see her coming up from behind and raised his arm and clocked her under the chin by mistake. She had to have been seeing stars. I wondered if he ever found out what he did albeit by mistake.
    He's such a dolt. Pretty daughter, though.

????

Did the refs miss the call when Allen threw the ball in Andre's face? If I am not wrong Andre was already completely off the court and out of bounds when the ball hit him. In such circumstances I thought he was treated as part of the out of bounds and could not be called for touching the ball out of bounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    There are words which accurately describe my disdain for Virginia Tech and their over-the-top physical play. There is no excuse for the premier basketball conference to have to put up with Greenburg and his Band of Bullies. The ACC needs to take action against the (C)Hokies. Allen and Delaney are an embarrassment to the league.

League expansion -- Yuck! -- Epic failure.
    Every word is absolutely true, shipmate. When the ACC expended (and I mean from eight, not recently from nine universities), we imported Thug-Ball, largely from the Big East. FSU, VPI, Miami and BC -- especially VPI -- play with thuggishly and have attitudes that are simply inconsistent with everything the ACC has stood for. Expansion is a complete fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    Every word is absolutely true, shipmate. When the ACC expended (and I mean from eight, not recently from nine universities), we imported Thug-Ball, largely from the Big East. FSU, VPI, Miami and BC -- especially VPI -- play with thuggishly and have attitudes that are simply inconsistent with everything the ACC has stood for. Expansion is a complete fiasco.
    But gee, it made ACC football so good...

Pat Kennedy did not employ thug-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    Maybe his coach, since it seems like VT does this every year. I know I should be rooting for as many teams from the ACC as possible, but I can't help but want to root against them ever year.
    We (WVU) rooted against them when they were in the Big East too. Don't feel bad. We loved to see them get beat right up there with Notre Dame. They're a bunch of thugs.

One thing I will say, though, is that last year's team with Zoubs, Singler, and Thomas gave as good as it got. I don't mean that we were dirty last year, but we weren't afraid to mix it up if that's how the game was going to be played. My impression is that last night against VT really got our big guys in the mind-set that it's going to be a war on the court. Today against UNC, Mason, Miles, and Singler combined to impose their will on the game much as Zoubek, Thomas, and Singler did last season. I don't like Thug-ball and I am definitely not excited about expansion because I LOVED round-robin play. However, I think the team showed in the VaTech rematch that no one's going to push us off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Pat Kennedy did not employ thug-ball.
    I never suggested he did . . . however, FSU certainly has during various periods -- and that was (and is) my point.

I never suggested he did . . . however, FSU certainly has during various periods -- and that was (and is) my point.
    Understood, and not picking. I took your comment to be on how they played when they entered the league, but see that I was mixing two points in my head.

No question, every one of their games I saw this year involved commentators using the word "chippy." Which I guess is polite TV talk for trash-talking cheap shot artists.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    One thing I will say, though, is that last year's team with Zoubs, Singler, and Thomas gave as good as it got. I don't mean that we were dirty last year, but we weren't afraid to mix it up if that's how the game was going to be played. My impression is that last night against VT really got our big guys in the mind-set that it's going to be a war on the court. Today against UNC, Mason, Miles, and Singler combined to impose their will on the game much as Zoubek, Thomas, and Singler did last season. I don't like Thug-ball and I am definitely not excited about expansion because I LOVED round-robin play. However, I think the team showed in the VaTech rematch that no one's going to push us off the court.
    I agree fully; however, there is a mammoth difference between thug-ball (consider yesterday's Jeff Allen out-of-bounds and intentional ball throw that struck Dawkins' head) and legitimate, proactive, aggressive play within the rules.

I guess the NCAA tournament committee frowns upon thuggery and whatnot.

Have fun watching from home Jeff Allen.

Looks like the NCAA decided they could conduct the Tournament without VPI. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    I guess the NCAA tournament committee frowns upon thuggery and whatnot.

Have fun watching from home Jeff Allen.
    Hehehehehehehehe!!!

Karma is tough, Seth .

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Hehehehehehehehe!!!
    X2.

Seth, here's a hint: the NCAA doesn't want thug ball in the tournament.

although I dislike VaTech, i feel bad for them..especially the seniors. Malcom deserves to make some noise in the tourney.

I Understand Craig Marshall

If you had grown up in Rialto, you'd be a punk too. It's the ingrown hair in the armpit of SoCal.