Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2134
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I agree, good post NYD. There are many more important things in life than the whims of a 17 year old.

That being said, those of you interested in streaming the presser tomorrow () will be interested in this:

Link
    i love you right now.

Bill Self has been waiting for good news since this summer, but no dice.

The CJ Leslie comment bothers me more than other "guesses". If the Heels have dropped their interest in Leslie - Roy must feel strongly about his chances landing HB.

No way

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    The CJ Leslie comment bothers me more than other "guesses". If the Heels have dropped their interest in Leslie - Roy must feel strongly about his chances landing HB.
    Maybe Roy isn't recruiting him for reasons that have nothing to do with Barnes, such as UNC's limited scholarships and the lack of a real need for another wing. Also, don't you think Leslie has some issues?

Smile Kyrie on HB

Is your worry about CJ Leslie comments/rumors lessened by this recent posting on Kyrie Irving's Facebook page:

"Kyrie Irving St Patricks highschool party tmrw...730 to 1130 let's get hype lol and make sure you watch my bro Harrison barnes commit tmrw it's shuld be a dandy"

This looks pretty damn promising folks...

I like being pessimistic - that way if it works out, I'm much happier. Nevertheless, the boys on 620 this morning thought our chances at HB were minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by dahainz View Post
    Is your worry about CJ Leslie comments/rumors lessened by this recent posting on Kyrie Irving's Facebook page:

"Kyrie Irving St Patricks highschool party tmrw...730 to 1130 let's get hype lol and make sure you watch my bro Harrison barnes commit tmrw it's shuld be a dandy"

This looks pretty damn promising folks...
    This does seem promising but i highly doubt kyrie knows where HB is going. Maybe he has a vibe so that's good.

I like being pessimistic - that way if it works out, I'm much happier. Nevertheless, the boys on 620 this morning thought our chances at HB were minimal.
    Anyone that thinks our chances are minimal is an idiot. We may end up not getting Barnes, but A) no one has a clue right now and B) all circumstantial evidence indicates we have as good or better a chance as anyone.

Less than 20 hours, hang in there!

I think it's pretty much between us and the guys down the road...

11. Thanks for the article. This is one of the first bits of actual information that has leaked out so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    This does seem promising but i highly doubt kyrie knows where HB is going. Maybe he has a vibe so that's good.
    I disagree. If any recruit in the country would know where Harrison Barnes will commit it would be Kyrie Irving. They speak everyday accoring to Kyrie and they consider each other as Brothers. I like this post. This will make me sleep a lot better.

GO DUKE!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    I disagree. If any recruit in the country would know where Harrison Barnes will commit it would be Kyrie Irving. They speak everyday accoring to Kyrie and they consider each other as Brothers. I like this post. This will make me sleep a lot better.

GO DUKE!!
    If there were another player to know where he was going i would also say it would be Kyrie, but i don't think he knows. He just can speculate and form his own opinion.

HB

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    You "highly doubt" based on what?

If a best friend of yours was going to make a huge life decision tomorrow which involved doing something with you or not doing something with you (be it team mate, fellow employee, lifestyle decision or whatever), do you think that person might tell you the night before?

That wasn't the way I understood it - if you're talking about Adam Gold and Joe Ovius (sp?). It was my impression that they were saying that Duke NEEDED a Barnes commitment, and UNC would really like one. They went on to say that if UNC gets Barnes, it will solidify Ol' Roy ("Aw shucks") as the superior recruiter (which is a different issue, and worth a discussion). In any event, it won't matter because Barnes is going to Duke (IMHO), and this will remind everyone how strong the Duke program is. It's easy to forget what a powerhouse Duke has been in recruiting when 9 out of 10 people in the area are supporters of the wrong shade of blue. Shame. I can't wait for tomorrow.

If a best friend of yours was going to make a huge life decision tomorrow which involved doing something with you or not doing something with you (be it team mate, fellow employee, lifestyle decision or whatever), do you think that person might tell you the night before?
    KEYWORD I, No inside information to go with this, just what i think. My opinion maybe wrong maybe right. I just don't think Kyrie knows for sure where HB is going, because if he did others would know. Kyrie may be his "BF" but i'm sure he has "BF" in Ames and others he would have told but this hasn't gotten out yet.

Not a chance i get to sleep tonight!!!

Smile Two People Can Keep a Secret...

IMHO (with Sage Grouse the 'H' is usually silent), Barnes is keeping his own counsel. Otherwise, it is sure to leak. There are apparently no leaks at all. We will all find out tomorrow.

The only question in my mind is whether he tells the coach or coaches ahead of time. If he does, it will be around the 'Net at the speed of light (which is approximately the speed at which things move, anyway).

sagegrouse
    '... if one of them is dead. - B. Franklin'

Given how well (read: mature) he has acted during the entire recruiting process, I suspect Harrison will make the effort to call each of the six coaches before the presser to let them know his decision.

That's the appropriate thing to do. I can't see him announcing like Derrick Favors did last year (when Coach Hewitt didn't have idea until the announcement).

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiobobcat204 View Post
    Not a chance i get to sleep tonight!!!
    Ahhh gonna sleep like baby myself since my lil girl Camryn just ran me into the ground.

Don't sweat it so much. Just like many of you, I'm a bit anxious, nervous to see how this all ends because I'm a die hard Duke fan. It's been one hell of a ride and we are coming down the home stretch! But lose sleep? No way!!! I'll be asleep within a minute of my head hitting the pillow...LOL

Remember now, everyone say it with me...Glass half full...Harrison to Duke