Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please NO Woofing...the Kansas board found out how stupid it can make one look

Hi,

A couple of hours before Kansas lost some idiot on their Scout board started a woof thread regarding Villanova's demise. It looks like one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen. My Cal "friends" have been baiting me to start woofing about how Duke will do in Sunday's game. I'll let the Devil's play on Sunday speak for itself. I hope you will too.

GO DUKE!

Wise move!

Quite the opposite seems more likely here...

Actually, quite the opposite seems more likely here...
    As we seem to have quite the cadre of fretters and doomsdayers.

Woofing just ain't our style in general, unless it involves Kerlina...

lol

there was an engineering semiformal, and when kansas lost, even though no one had a tv, everyone started cheering becuase everyone was following it on their phones
    1200. DDMF.

Because no one will make fun of us if we don't make fun of Kansas and lose to Cal?

I was thinking more in terms of karma...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Because no one will make fun of us if we don't make fun of Kansas and lose to Cal?
    Hi,

Over the years I've seen woofing back-fire more than not.

GO DUKE!

I absolutely HATE woofing/trash talking. To me there is nothing more stupid than 40 something, unathletic, bald-headed men (not meant to offend anyone) trying to trash talk about 20 year old extremely athletic, trained young men losing/winning a game!

You have no control of the outcome so why bother saying anything? Just root for your team! Before I left work on Friday, I had 5 people INCLUDING my assistant principal tell me Duke was going to lose to Louisville and NOVA was going to the Final Four...I'm seriously considering filing a grievance against my asst. principal.

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    I absolutely HATE woofing/trash talking. To me there is nothing more stupid than 40 something, unathletic, bald-headed men (not meant to offend anyone) trying to trash talk about 20 year old extremely athletic, trained young men losing/winning a game!
    there are quite a few things that are JUST as stupid. But yes, "fandom" does tend to bring out the worst in people.

Listen, that Cal team is good and we will have a game on our hands today. And the mantra of the Big Dance is and always has been 'survive and advance', so making fun of adversaries is always STUPID!

dth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

A couple of hours before Kansas lost some idiot on their Scout board started a woof thread regarding Villanova's demise. It looks like one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen.
    It may look that way to you. But I'm pretty sure the minds of KU fans are just occupied with the brutal loss, regardless of what they posted a few hours earlier.

No preening here. I'm off to church now, and will be on my knees during prayer time hoping the Good Lord felt like watching over a basketball game when he woke up this morning (does he ever sleep?) And watching over a game being played by devils, at that.

Today is going to be a rough day. I'm wearing all black, doing anything I can to reverse that bad mojo. Black slacks (pleated), checkered black shirt, black tie, black shoes, black socks.

Let's Go Devils!

Kind of a Johnny Cash look going there? Except for trhe checkered shirt, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    No preening here. I'm off to church now, and will be on my knees during prayer time hoping the Good Lord felt like watching over a basketball game when he woke up this morning (does he ever sleep?) And watching over a game being played by devils, at that.

Today is going to be a rough day. I'm wearing all black, doing anything I can to reverse that bad mojo. Black slacks (pleated), checkered black shirt, black tie, black shoes, black socks.

Let's Go Devils!
    Jeff Mullins' grandmother used to pray before each of his games. Not for a victory; she didn't think that was appropriate use of prayer.

Rather, she would say a prayer asking that her boys would be happy after the game.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post

You have no control of the outcome so why bother saying anything? Just root for your team! Before I left work on Friday, I had 5 people INCLUDING my assistant principal tell me Duke was going to lose to Louisville and NOVA was going to the Final Four...I'm seriously considering filing a grievance against my asst. principal.
    Excuse me? I'm 50 something!
    ~rthomas

I feel confident Duke will play well and win today.

I am certain that at the end of the day I will be proud of this Duke team.

i read a LOT of the other boards. for the most part, they are nothing like DBR....

it's very entertaining to go to the other team's board after a duke win and read the in-game thread....what starts out with all the bravado usually goes something like :

1 - we are gonna kick's duke's butts. They only take 3 point shots.

2 - "what's wrong with________ ? (their player)

3 - " we've got to do better, these guys are SO slow.",

4 - "k bought off the refs"

5 - " is this Skeletor m**f** ever gonna miss a 3? "

6 - "why are we not getting any dunks?"

7 - "we gotta get a new coach

then it's followed invariably by the "duke gets all the calls" thread and another "well, they don't have any lottery picks" and of course, "they will go out in the first round!"

after reading how absolutely stoopid those treads look, i would never post pre-game smack talk...

we're gonna win by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    we're gonna win by 30.
    Dont you know any better? I hope that was sarcasim because that is just straight up bad juju......

I expect a hard fought game by both teams. No matter the outcome, I will be proud of this years team. GO DUKE!

voodoo mama juju