Coach K Comments about Gerald Henderson's ACC Tourney Suspension (2007)

An excerpt from the short comments:
    Krzyzewski said Duke was not informed until 45 minutes before the game that Henderson had to sit in the stands. Krzyzewski was so upset he said he “almost did something I’m glad I didn’t do.”He wouldn’t elaborate on that.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Moderators--sorry if this belongs in a bigger thread--I couldn't find one that it seemed to fit in.

I wonder what kind of snipes and complaints the haters will have when K coaches the USA to a gold medal in the Olympics?
    It's something to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I wonder what kind of snipes and complaints the haters will have when K coaches the USA to a gold medal in the Olympics?
    It's something to look forward to!

"Why does he only go with a seven man rotation?"

The UNC game happened on Sunday. The ACC Tournament game was on Thursday. I knew from the second I saw Henderson get ejected that he wouldn't be playing in the next game. I highly doubt that it took the ACC 4 full days to determine that G's foul was worthy of a suspension.

Seems unprofessional to me.

the issue also was his not being allowed to watch from the bench

i believe i recall that chris paul had been allowed to watch from the bench after applying his fist to hodge's gonads.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimedun34 View Post
    The UNC game happened on Sunday. The ACC Tournament game was on Thursday. I knew from the second I saw Henderson get ejected that he wouldn't be playing in the next game. I highly doubt that it took the ACC 4 full days to determine that G's foul was worthy of a suspension.

It wasn't the suspension he was questioning. We knew about that long before. It was the fact that Henderson was not allowed to sit on the bench, but had to sit in the stands. He was probably more upset for Gerald.

At some point in the last year, I belive K was quoted as saying he was so angry that G had to sit in the stands that he was not going to coach the game.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    It wasn't the suspension he was questioning. We knew about that long before. It was the fact that Henderson was not allowed to sit on the bench, but had to sit in the stands. He was probably more upset for Gerald.
    OK, I understand now.

Not sure why Chris Paul was allowed to sit with the team while Gerald wasn't.

What a silly question! Chris Paul is a saint, a noble and honorable man, a true scholar and gentleman! Just ask him if you don't believe me.

suspension

Quote Originally Posted by jaimedun34 View Post

what do you expect? it was the acc.

suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    i believe i recall that chris paul had been allowed to watch from the bench after applying his fist to hodge's gonads.
    You are correct and that is one of the reasons K was so angry about G's treatment.