Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Interesting observation. Someone else (can't recall if it was in chat or here) thought he stood over TT in a "taunting" sense after he had leveled him with the screen. I will remain neutral as I could not tell either way.

It was absolutely taunting... If you've got the game recorded watch that play again and look at the VTech player's face! Kid stood over him and glared, at that point in the game with so little time left the kid could have leaned over to help TT up or whatever but he chose to stand over him. What a jerk move!

Quote Originally Posted by lilblue View Post
    It was absolutely taunting... If you've got the game recorded watch that play again and look at the VTech player's face! Kid stood over him and glared, at that point in the game with so little time left the kid could have leaned over to help TT up or whatever but he chose to stand over him. What a jerk move!
    The Home Page article agrees with you:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=43655

"There was nothing illegal about the pick and as far as it goes, his teammates should have called it out. There’s no fault with the play itself.

But what’s the point of taunting him after the pick? If you look at the video, after he collides with Cadarian Raines, Raines mocks him while he’s on the floor.

This is just stupid. With the emphasis on taunting, it could have ended in a technical. Tech was down three with 2.9 left. It was unlikely but not impossible that Tech could have gotten the ball back and tied the game.

But beyond that, why is it that these things keep happening with Tech? You really don’t see it at any other conference school on a regular basis."

After reading your post and that article, I am surprised Dre did not get a T for that performance.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

But beyond that, why is it that these things keep happening with Tech? You really don’t see it at any other conference school on a regular basis."
    Because that's who they are. Trivial, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    It also looked like mason was screaming and pointing, and ty perhaps didn't hear it
    Agree. I replayed it several times and in one angle you can definitely see Mason pointing and yelling to TT as his man jumped out to set what appeared to be a clean pick. With the crowd noise, there was virtually no way for TT to hear and respond to the warning (blame it on the Crazies). I was also annoyed by the way the TV commentators took MP2 to task, ad nauseum, for not calling out the pick. This was just one of those plays where nobody is at fault, and we should be thankful the TT was able to get up and shake it off.

It was also clear from the replay that the VT pick setter stood over TT for a second or two looking down and yelling "ohhhhhh" ( i'm a lip reader), as commented on the front page.

Like the article on the first page talked about, why is it taht VT always seems to do cheap shots at Duke players. Maybe I'm completely biased; but they never seem to be this physical or give out cheap shots to the other ACC teams; they always seem to do these punk moves against Duke. If someone can give examples of VT being very physical (to the point of being borderline dirty) with and taking cheap shots at other teams, please let me know. I would love to see VT play UNC they same way they do Duke; but it seems like the animosity that VT has for Duke is unparalleled in comparison to other teams like UNC. I wonder if Coach K joked around with VT's coach during pregame warmups like Roy does would help ease tensions.

Maybe it's a mental thing, but it appears to me that teams like VT and NC State play harder against duke than they do against other teams.

Seth Greenberg doesn't recruit the highest profile basketball players in the country. He more often than not finds diamonds in the rough. Sometimes this means they are not the highest class citizens. He for the most part reforms or molds them into respectable players and for the most part builds character. This isn't always easy. I think others have noticed some of the character flaws in his players in the heat of battle and maybe that's why he has been punished when it comes to selection Sunday. I would bet he doesn't condone his players actions and handles it privately. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBlue View Post
    I was also annoyed by the way the TV commentators took MP2 to task, ad nauseum, for not calling out the pick.
    For some reason the announcers seemed awfully convinced that TT was going to attack Mason in the locker room. I know TT's a tough dude, but attacking a guy who is almost a foot taller and has 50 pounds on you might be evidence of a head injury...

Glad TT was able to shake it off. He took quite a shot there. Mason definitely called it out but I couldn't tell on replay if he did so in time for TT to avoid the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    As has been discussed here when Hurley, Paulus and several other of our point guards have violently run into a pick at mid court, that's the fault of his teammates for not verbally telling him, whoever him happens to be, that the pick is there before he runs into it. And today's was legal with no forward motion by the picker - it was all Tyler's e=mV(squared) that caused him to go down like a brick. Interestingly enough, once a player does it, he doesn't seem to do it again...

Hope Tyler's OK. He did come back into the game after the time out so there were no immediate concussion signs!
    I guess that's the point in setting a nice hard pick. As the defender, once you run into one you tend to have your head on a swivel looking around for the next one and not concentrating as much as you previously were on the man you were guarding.

As a big fan of Tyler's, I know he's a bit chippy and I seem to recall someone calling him dirty. He definitely plays with an edge and is ultra aggressive, which is obvious from the number of PF's he's accumulated. If the VT player admired his handy work on someone he felt was in his grill or teamates grill for 40 minutes, then I'll let him have his moment, but I'm sure Tyler got his number and will file it away for the next meeting.