Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadlee989 View Post
    How do you get out rebounded by a team playing small most of the first half. We got to play with more heart.
    Looks to me like our bigs think that they don't have to work to rebound against a smaller team - they're just counting on their height to get them the ball. I've seen Temple box us out, and I've seen us fail to fight for position on multiple occasions.

On the bright side, it's nice to see Miles breaking out the offense. I hope this becomes a trend...
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Letting Temple shoot 64 percent(only 9 first half field goal misses by Temple) is not going to cut it...im like screaming at my house for duke to play better defense and I hope coach K is giving it to them in the locker room...with better defensive play and better production from Duke guards Duke should take it..but if it continues the unthinkable could happen..a loss(right before acc play)

There is no need for the bigs to play up on their "bigs" on the perimeter... That is why we are getting outrebounded. Our bigs are out of position. Also, Temple is playing tougher than we are...

we look slow and out of sync....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Not a good start to the 2nd half. I like SG starting but I don't much benefit in starting Josh unless K is trying to light a fire under Ryan and MP2. TT is a physical defender but he just turned the ball over with an awful pass. I'd rather see Seth or QC in this game.

Dunk it mason...

Missing the experience and leadership of Kyle and Nolan right now.

bizarro game...

mason making free throws, missing layups...left is right, up is down.
    Windy City Devil

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Not a good start to the 2nd half. I like SG starting but I don't much benefit in starting Josh unless K is trying to light a fire under Ryan and MP2. TT is a physical defender but he just turned the ball over with an awful pass. I'd rather see Seth or QC in this game.
    On the replay, it looked like that pass was tipped. TT could have done a better job of disguising it, but the pass wasn't as bad as it seemed.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDevil View Post
    Dunk it mason...

Not Mason's fault. Bad dish from Curry. Too late and too low.

Another turnover by TT resulting in easy basket!!

Tyler keeps getting fouls every time he goes against good guards. We have to get him over that. Plus, Mason just isn't finishing anything right now. His hands are just not working right at the moment.

Are we going to play Quinn in the second half since we now saw Tyler throw a pass directly to the defender? Our defense isn't getting it done right now, so I'd like us to put our best offense out there.

Seth is having a HORRIBLE game. He is a turnover machine tonight. It seems like every pass he makes to our bigs is poorly executed. How in the world did he manage to screw up that 2 on 1 fast break with Mason a minute ago???

Is Dawkins that hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by terrih View Post
    Not Mason's fault. Bad dish from Curry. Too late and too low.
    Not the one on the break... the 12 other times he's had it in the paint... ugh

Temple playing far more aggressively, but Duke is still in this thing.

dukemsu

I really wish that Curry would pass the ball instead of dribbling through the lane. A three pointer makes me a little less unhappy, but the four turnovers need to be prevented in the future. Our team has 12 of turnovers. Cook has none. That is why we need him out there IMO. He is our best option to manage the game.

Announcers: "Curry careless with the ball". Wrong, he just isn't a ball handler. Very Good shooter but he should never be the one pushing the ball up the court. Not his strength.

senior leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I really wish that Curry would pass the ball instead of dribbling through the lane. A three pointer makes me a little less unhappy, but the four turnovers need to be prevented in the future. Our team has 12 of turnovers. Cook has none. That is why we need him out there IMO. He is our best option to manage the game.
    This is a young team. There are physical attributes figuring in, but we are lacking seasoned, tough floor leadership.

Jimmy Dykes

is bordering on moving into the Len Elmore "mute button" territory.
    Windy City Devil