Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

No Offer for Felix or Ndiaye

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Airowe is correct. There has been no offer. If you read the articles, there isn't really a quote FROM felix about getting the offer.
    I just tweeted Dave Telep from Scouts about whether Duke had officially offered scholarships for Felix or Ndiaye and he said "no."

Lightbulb This article suggests there may be an offer coming.

Quote Originally Posted by enick66 View Post
    I just tweeted Dave Telep from Scouts about whether Duke had officially offered scholarships for Felix or Ndiaye and he said "no."
    Coach K called Coach Gosar and said "an offer was on the table."
    http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/

Best regards--Blueprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by blueprofessor View Post
    http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/

The biggest thing I took from that article was this:

Gosar said that Felix intends to visit Duke after CSI's season ends.

"From what I've been told, Duke is trying to play more up-tempo, and they need guys that can get up and down," Gosar said. "That's exactly what Carrick does well."

With the backcourt we will have next season, those guards will make everyone around them better. The net can get wider, and we can bring in athletes who can run because they will fit the new uptempo system we will be able to employ.

I love, love, love this team and this season and am constantly impressed with how this team has progressed, but I have to admit there is a little swell of excitement brewing for next season while I watch the games this year...

Agreed

This season is going along quite nicely now and I'm looking forward to the NCAAs and the senior's swan song. However, I can't help but think about the potential for next year's team. Talented guards galore and athletic big men usually adds up to a very special season, especially if Felix comes and helps out on the wing. Very excited for both this year's team and next!!

Gotta love the thought of playing up-tempo with the fast, athletic guys we'll have at every position. I wonder if we'll see a return to the Phoenix Suns-style offense that we dabbled with for a season (was it 2007?)

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Gotta love the thought of playing up-tempo with the fast, athletic guys we'll have at every position. I wonder if we'll see a return to the Phoenix Suns-style offense that we dabbled with for a season (was it 2007?)
    It was 2007-08, Kyle's freshman year. But personally I don't think we'll go back to that. I believe our offense will look more like it did in 2001 and 2002.

We are all wanting to assume its an offer for Scholly... but I suppose it could be an offer for a visit, piece of gum or a hotdog or somesuch...

Its not very clear and we really really want some recruiting goodness to sleep better at night

Lightbulb "Scholarship" is on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    We are all wanting to assume its an offer for Scholly... but I suppose it could be an offer for a visit, piece of gum or a hotdog or somesuch...

Its not very clear and we really really want some recruiting goodness to sleep better at night
    No. The article's exact language was that "a scholarship" was on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    "From what I've been told, Duke is trying to play more up-tempo, and they need guys that can get up and down," Gosar said. "That's exactly what Carrick does well."
    Um. Cool. Seriously, this is sounding pretty cool at this point...I kinda hope we pick this guy up.

No. The article's exact language was that "a scholarship" was on the table.

Talk about casting a wider net!

Coach K's reach extends to a trout stream in Idaho.

Reel him in, Coach. You're collecting a fine haul.

Beep

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Talk about casting a wider net!

Coach K's reach extends to a trout stream in Idaho.

Reel him in, Coach. You're collecting a fine haul.
    Paging Austin Rivers, Austin Rivers Please Report For Duty.

Two Thumbs Up

Love the move.

To be honest, I'd never heard of this kid before today. But I'm one who has wished Duke would cast a wider net in recruiting and moves like this are why a) I believe Duke is really beginning to turn a corner with its recruiting and b) why I believe hiring Nate James was the best thing Krzyzewski could have done.

Kudos to Coach K and the rest of the staff.

I like this idea. I think he'd be a great fit. I mean, we've all been clamoring for an "ultra-athletic wing" and apparently that's exactly what he is. If we are going to get out and run then I'm sure he'll do just fine at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    Love the move.

To be honest, I'd never heard of this kid before today. But I'm one who has wished Duke would cast a wider net in recruiting and moves like this are why a) I believe Duke is really beginning to turn a corner with its recruiting and b) why I believe hiring Nate James was the best thing Krzyzewski could have done.

Kudos to Coach K and the rest of the staff.
    Nate has made a tremendous impact on our recruiting lately! He is the point man on nearly every top prospect we are pursuing at this time...

I think that Nate can relate to some of the recruits that we are going after a little better than wojo - Not trying to throw that card around or anything but just my thoughts.

You know what I like about Nate? He's a Bad A** mofo. I like that the first Duke representative a prospect sees is Nate James. He's big and athletic. For kids that like to get out and run the floor, this should work.

Look at the possible starters next year: Kyrie, Nolan, Curry, Singler, Mason. Who doesn't want to play with that? Can you imagine how fun it would be for Carrick to break into that mold? Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Go 2 Hell Carolina View Post
    I think that Nate can relate to some of the recruits that we are going after a little better than wojo - Not trying to throw that card around or anything but just my thoughts.
    Whether you were trying to throw it around or not, you just did. This will be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by 91_92_01 View Post
    Whether you were trying to throw it around or not, you just did. This will be interesting...
    One vote for "not offensive".

Wojo has proven to be a very good recruiter and coach. I'm excited about Nate's start in recruiting and coaching. Perhaps he'll connect better with some kids, not as well with others.

Quote Originally Posted by 91_92_01 View Post
    Well everyone in the nation thinks Duke only goes after all unathletic american white kid who can shoot and play D. Wojo fits that to a T. I just think Nate brings a completely different perspective to the table. Obviously he is not a 6 foot guard trying to recruit the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    One vote for "not offensive".

Wojo has proven to be a very good recruiter and coach. I'm excited about Nate's start in recruiting and coaching. Perhaps he'll connect better with some kids, not as well with others.
    I agree. The more good recruiters the better. And just as all prospects' personalities are not alike, all recruiters' personalities need not be alike.

Having Wojo is good. Having Nate is good. Having both Wojo and Nate is great.