Thread: Pool Skewing

Thumbs up Pool Skewing

Hi, my wife (and a few others) have talked me into entering my horse in a televised contest not unlike Idol.

To qualify, they have a vote-in category on facebook, so I'm wondering if I could get some help!

(You'll see me in the appropriate attire in one picture). Even if you don't have time to watch the 6 minute video, you can vote for us. But if you've never seen a horse poop in a bucket on command, or share his lunch with a cat, or hand me my hat, etc. you might enjoy watching.

The voting starts today and only lasts a week.

If all goes well, we'll be on RFD TV this fall, and the winner's prize is a new horse trailer. I think Windchester would like that, so any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated, along with any suggestions for how I can get more support. If you could post to the appropriate social media, and get the link out, that'd be great.

Thanks,

michael veatch, Class of '71

http://www.facebook.com/ACTHA?sk=app_173990205980784

we're at the bottom of page two.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by comdytrd View Post
    Hi, my wife (and a few others) have talked me into entering my horse in a televised contest not unlike Idol.

To qualify, they have a vote-in category on facebook, so I'm wondering if I could get some help!

(You'll see me in the appropriate attire in one picture). Even if you don't have time to watch the 6 minute video, you can vote for us. But if you've never seen a horse poop in a bucket on command, or share his lunch with a cat, or hand me my hat, etc. you might enjoy watching.

The voting starts today and only lasts a week.

If all goes well, we'll be on RFD TV this fall, and the winner's prize is a new horse trailer. I think Windchester would like that, so any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated, along with any suggestions for how I can get more support. If you could post to the appropriate social media, and get the link out, that'd be great.

Thanks,

michael veatch, Class of '71

http://www.facebook.com/ACTHA?sk=app_173990205980784

we're at the bottom of page two.
    What's that saying? "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him swim in the pool". Close enough. Voted...good luck!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    What's that saying? "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him swim in the pool". Close enough. Voted...good luck!
    Not sure the vote registered. But, yep, it's the one with a picture of creek crossing. Hope they're not having issues, cause it shows two votes, (mine and my wifes??).

we'll see... If the crazies get behind this, we will not fail!!!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Not sure the vote registered. But, yep, it's the one with a picture of creek crossing. Hope they're not having issues, cause it shows two votes, (mine and my wifes??).

we'll see... If the crazies get behind this, we will not fail!!!
    I'll go back and double check...I hesitated when I saw the "allow access to my entire existence" question and I may not have fully submitted.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

privacy concerns

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'll go back and double check...I hesitated when I saw the "allow access to my entire existence" question and I may not have fully submitted.
    I wondered about that and hesitated. I think it said only "public available" info, does anyone know if we can trust that? I went ahead because I know the folks (it's in part a horse rescue charity) and because I Really Want that darn trailer. But I think the link is so they can keep us from voting more than once, and thus, OK, but welcome input.

Bad news about Kelly.. love that kid!! Get better quickly.

I meant "pool cueing", dang!

I wondered about that and hesitated. I think it said only "public available" info, does anyone know if we can trust that? I went ahead because I know the folks (it's in part a horse rescue charity) and because I Really Want that darn trailer. But I think the link is so they can keep us from voting more than once, and thus, OK, but welcome input.

Bad news about Kelly.. love that kid!! Get better quickly.
    Bet it's too late to change it, eh?

But, also, how do I add a profile photo?

tanks

But if you've never seen a horse poop in a bucket on command, or share his lunch with a cat, or hand me my hat, etc. you might enjoy watching.
    To think I've never seen a horse poop in a bucket...you've got my vote.
    Now, if you could get the horse to put the toilet seat down, you might really be on to something.

Latest trick

Toilet seat... maybe! The latest is he's learned how to "hold his breath" underwater. Horses don't do so naturally, but in order to get stuff from the bottom of a bucket, he does. I'd read about a horse who put on large exhibitions (around 1900http://www.beautifuljimkey.com/heroes.htm) and that was one of the things he had been trained over time to do. Windchester only took him a day or so to figure it out. He is seriously smart. Also he had eight years of college, but I doubt they taught that in rodeo school.

Dead horse?

Not to beat what is, hopefully not a dead horse, here's a shorter, updated video which shows how special Windchester is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82EBg...&feature=share

michael

Question Need 50 more votes... last day tomorrow

http://www.facebook.com/ACTHA?v=app_..._data=wlbb%3D1

bottom of page 2 Windchester.

Looks like we won't win first place, but 50 or so votes will put us in second place and the judges will certainly take that into consideration when they make their picks.

So, come on, what else do you have to do before tourney time?