Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Status Check!

Cool and overcast here in Tidewater Virginia.

But to the southwest a faint glow is emanating from the horizon. And if you listen closely, you can hear a low moaning sound that echoes of desperation and pain, the dreams of thousands of tortured Chapel Hell fans destroyed in the throes of another thrashing.

GTHC GTH!!!!!!

Hanging out the flag.

Dump on the Hump 5:15 PM

I was just going out to the front porch to unfurl the Duke Blue this evening. (It always flies during a confrontation week.) Looking up and down the empty street, I perceived an unsettled stillness in the air. We live only a couple of blocks from Ol' Roy, and you can almost feel the neighbors nervously and quietly circling the wagons in anticipation of the fiery invasion expected from 7 miles to the north.

They don't talk to us much when they are this nervous. They just wander around, tugging at their collars and saying "Is it hot here or is it just me?"

Love, Ima

This fell off the front page. Disgraces. You're all disgraces.

Here in South Florida, I am turing from the East and the Atlantic and looking due North and I can see a glow, even in the morning sky. It must be Chapel Hill burning.

Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Here in South Florida, I am turing from the East and the Atlantic and looking due North and I can see a glow, even in the morning sky. It must be Chapel Hill burning.
    Does it resemble one of the great Chicago fires?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Does it resemble one of the great Chicago fires?
    It appears to be much worse. More smoke that the brush fires of the fall.

It is a rainy and chilly 45 degrees in Arlington, VA. *Sniff* *Sniff* Is that the scented of roasted tar heel in the air? Too bad, the meat is stringy and worthless. The squirrels would have had a good time with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dukerati View Post
    It is a rainy and chilly 45 degrees in Arlington, VA. *Sniff* *Sniff* Is that the scented of roasted tar heel in the air? Too bad, the meat is stringy and worthless. The squirrels would have had a good time with it...
    I would bet that most of the squirrels I know would not touch it.

Cool It is snowing as usual here in Steamboat...

.. and the Elk in the pasture across the road, all full of the rancher's hay intended for his cattle, have formed the letters G-O-T-O-H-E-L-L-U-N-C.

sagegrouse

It is a snowy morning here in the Big Apple, as New Yorkers return to work following a crazy night of Super Bowl Championship action. Last night's game and tomorrow's tickertape parade are mere precursors to inevitable mayhem as Wednesday evening approaches.

GTHCGTH!

Western piedmont

Here on the western edge of the NC piedmont, rain last night has left our firewood and kindling a little wet. More showers may come through this evening. We'll have to get it dried out so we can add it to the fire Wednesday evening.

Wednesday forecast here includes the possibility of thunder storms. With the Football Signing luncheon set for 11:30A in Durham, the thunder will herald the changes taking place as we look toward spring practice.

It's an overcast, breezy 55 here in Big D, the weather matching the mood of Cowboys fans wondering what might have been. The forecast is for increasingly warm temperatures thru midweek, with an expected spike around 10:09 CST Wednesday, as the gates of hell blast the earth's surface upon the return of about 20 baby-blue-clad denizens.

More report as smoke invades

Just had a report from my sister who's hard at work in her office in Des Plaines outside Chicago where they really do know about fires. She reports that people in her building are becoming aware of smoke drifting in from the south and seem very anxious. With the rain now falling on last night's snowfall, fog is becoming widespread creating visibility problems. Other times in the past when this smoky atmosphere invaded the area, the Big Ten Challenge was being played out. As a Dukie she immediately recognizes it for what it is: the smell of the fire being prepared for the first Carolina game tonight.

Here in the WS area, I've enjoyed a little lunch of BBQ from Pig N out and am preparing for a little Mardi Gras supper I have scheduled for tonight. The King Cake may have to be served at halftime! I've been checking the weather from time to time, but have trouble interpreting the radar which seems to have the image obscured by smoke. The Weather Channel hasn't sent anyone to Chapel Hill to investigate yet, but they report they'll have someone on the scene by tip off tonight.

At the tone, the time will be GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

About 8 miles from hell... wearing shortsleeves today. Seriously starting to worry about all the dry tinder between that bastion of all things unholy and my house. Looking forward to running around in my shorts by Wednesday.

It is sunny and 66 degrees here in Overland Park, KS. However, the weatherman tells me that it's dropping down to a high of 32 for the next two days. I can only assume that this is because all the heat is being sucked eastward in preparation for Carolina's descent straight into Hell.

Carrie

Here in Buckhannon, WV after weeks of tramping through the snow to practice softball indoors we're heading outside this week and don't even need a sweatshirt! Must have something to do with the gates of hell busting open tonight about a 6 hour drive to the southeast.

GO DUKE! GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!

It was a calm, warm day when I left my Chapel Hill house this morning. I expect a f'n poltergeist by the time I return.

The humidity in Madras will remain high the next couple of days !!

It's 40 and rainy in Portland, as it has been for most of the last week (with a little snow mixed in over the weekend). I've been trying to send the cool precipitation eastward, so our boys can cool off Wednesday night as they are leaving hell victoriously.