Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Duke moves on, Maryland gone, Hewitt back for another year, Heels stink.

It doesn't get any better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Duke moves on, Maryland gone, Hewitt back for another year, Heels stink.

It doesn't get any better than this.
    Except for this little bit of embarrassment I feel as an ACC fan after watching the bonehead bowl that was Md. v. Ga. Tech.

Only two of the top six seeds are still standing as of Friday night, and one of those two still has to play tonight. It's been a crazy tournament so far.

GT and NC State are two of the teams that beat us this year, so part of me wants to see the high seed (FSU) make it through. Of course, if we win tomorrow and face either GT or NC State, those teams should be worn out by the time they face us. So maybe I should cheer for the upset again.

Lower Seeds

What a strange tournament. The lower seed has won in every game except 2. Guess which ones.

tee hee.

GTHC

FSU and NCSU are setting college basketball back 30 years right now. Check that, hoops in 1980 were much prettier than this. This is an ugly, ugly game. But State is hanging in there with them.

Wood tore up FSU in Tallahassee...can he do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    FSU and NCSU are setting college basketball back 30 years right now. Check that, hoops in 1980 were much prettier than this. This is an ugly, ugly game. But State is hanging in there with them.

Wood tore up FSU in Tallahassee...can he do it again?
    NC state will win this game. Wood likes playing this team and Fla State cannot generate points.

Anyone else thinking that a Duke-NC State final would be pretty cool on Sunday afternoon?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Tim Brando with the quote of the day. After State's Scott Wood drains the 2nd of back to back 3's, Brando quips: "Just lay the wood will ya"

Hilarious...

Wood is on fire!

It seems like for most of the last 10 years, the top 4 seeds in the ACC tourney (save for Duke) rarely show up. Unc doesnt try and the rest get knocked off.

G'night, FSU.

It's nearly Semifinal Saturday and Duke is the sole high seed left. Wow.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Congrats to NC State. Glad to see them hold on and win. I thought all the missed free throws in the last 10 minutes was going to do them in, but FSU just did not want to score enough for it to matter.

Very weird tourney. 1 vs 12, and 7 vs 11 in the semi's. Wow.

Should Duke win tomorrow they are guaranteed to play a team on Sunday that is playing their 4th game in 4 days...

So with 6 of 8 games so far being won by the lower seed there is obviously parity in the league but the question is, are all the teams pretty good or are they all really bad?

I will be really interested to see how acc teams fair in the ncaa tournament. Part of me thinks that only Duke has a chance of surviving the first weekend but part of me wonders if MD, Fl st, Va Tech or Ga Tech could possibly make some noise. There have been a few upsets in the other major conferences which makes me winder if any team is all that good.

Rock on State!

Great win for them after an impressive performance last night. Anyone counting them out against Ga Tech tomorrow night?!

Hoping for a Duke-State final!

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    So with 6 of 8 games so far being won by the lower seed there is obviously parity in the league but the question is, are all the teams pretty good or are they all really bad?

I will be really interested to see how acc teams fair in the ncaa tournament. Part of me thinks that only Duke has a chance of surviving the first weekend but part of me wonders if MD, Fl st, Va Tech or Ga Tech could possibly make some noise. There have been a few upsets in the other major conferences which makes me winder if any team is all that good.
    Neither; they're all above average to good (but not very good).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

according to Lunardi's latest GTech is now an automatic. that's 6 in for the ACC, with VTech hanging on

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    Anyone else thinking that a Duke-NC State final would be pretty cool on Sunday afternoon?
    With a matchup against NC State in the Final, Duke would play the lowest possible seed in each round (#9 in rd 1, #12 in rd 2, #11 in rd 3).

18. How weird would a Miami vs. NC State final be?

Is it possible for the ACC to get 8 teams in?

(Not likely because of course Duke's gonna win it )

Counting ACC Tournament games, UNC now has the worst record in the league with only 5 wins (as NC State and Miami have won twice in Greensboro).

In addition, NC State may have now moved ahead of UNC in consideration for an NIT bid.

http://www.nitology.com/

Somebody has too much time on their hands

Nitology?

Who gets automatic NIT Bids?

SoCal