Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    So uh, what are Mason and Austin gonna do?

some of you need to get checked for ADD. (And I don't mean Anonymous Dopey Dictums, although now that I think of it ... ).

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    So uh, what are Mason and Austin gonna do?
    They're going to take their time, gather their information, and make the decision that best serves their own interests. Exactly what they should do.

so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    They're going to take their time, gather their information, and make the decision that best serves their own interests. Exactly what they should do.
    Hi,

Then reports of their imminent departure are pre-mature? CBS? JWill? ESPN? They can have all jumped the gun?

GO DUKE!

oops

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

Then reports of their imminent departure are pre-mature? CBS? JWill? ESPN? They can have all jumped the gun?

GO DUKE!
    Hi,

I meant to say, "They can't all have jumped the gun?"

Thanks

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    This is incorrect in the case of Deng. That 2004 team had talent everywhere. Sophomore Redick, sophomore Shelden, senior Duhon, junior Shav, and junior Daniel Ewing. Of all those guys, Deng was the most talented, the most versatile, and arguably simply the best player on the team. He was second on the team in points, second in rebounds, second in minutes played. If that isn't the definition of a nucleus player, I don't know what is. Moreover, his absence was palpable the next season in which despite the ironman greatness of Redick and Williams, the team felt far less multi-dimensional than in '04. I would argue that Deng was more important to that year's team than Kyrie was to last year's squad.
    Shav was a sophomore... Part of the same class as Redick, Dockery, and Williams.

Hi,

I meant to say, "They can't all have jumped the gun?"

Thanks

GO DUKE!
    As far as I can tell, CBS jumped the gun, and everyone else is following them rather than using independent information (at least with regard to Austin - I don't think anyone is saying anything about Mason at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeface88 View Post
    As far as I can tell, CBS jumped the gun, and then everyone else followed them (at least with regard to Austin - I don't think anyone is saying anything about Mason at this point).
    CBS jumped the gun with Austin. Jay Williams (and subsequently NBC) jumped the gun with Mason.

Thanks, but...

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    CBS jumped the gun with Austin. Jay Williams (and subsequently NBC) jumped the gun with Mason.
    Hi,

I guess it makes me question the integrity of news outlets if they aren't taking the time to verify a story as seemingly simple as this. Then again, maybe they don't care.

GO DUKE!

I am happy that we had Kyrie for a year (well, part of a year in basketball), and am happy to have had Austin and Mason for as long as they choose to stay. They all made real contributions and made our team better. And, we can't forget that Austin was recruited as a shooting guard, not a point guard.
    Of course I want everyone to stay for four years, but, as has been stated, they will each do what is in their own best interests.

Hi,

I guess it makes me question the integrity of news outlets if they aren't taking the time to verify a story as seemingly simple as this. Then again, maybe they don't care.

GO DUKE!
    As with all "news reporting" it's about sensationalism and being the first with the scoop, the truth is not necessarily the goal! It's sad but true!

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I believe the SEC credits the regular season winner.
    It's odd. They recognize the regular season leader as the champion, and award the automatic bid to the tourney winner. Maximizing the number of teams, I guess.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    It's odd. They recognize the regular season leader as the champion, and award the automatic bid to the tourney winner. Maximizing the number of teams, I guess.

-jk
    and now, a month after the regular season is over, the regular season SEC champion will be playing in the Sugar Bowl.

Krzyzewski announced that Austin is gone. Don't know if we've said that, but it's official.

Hopefully this helps us with Shabazz, I think it might.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Krzyzewski announced that Austin is gone. Don't know if we've said that, but it's official.

Hopefully this helps us with Shabazz, I think it might.
    Here's the GoDuke link.

Wish Austin the best in the NBA... I think he will be a great player in the NBA, and I can't wait to see him be a better player at the next level than Harrison Barnes. Wish Austin could've stayed longer at Duke, but the year he was here he certainly made a great impact. Unfortunately, his tourney record will be 0-1, but I won't dwell on that. Instead, I'll think back to the number of great plays that he made with that shot he hit down the road being something I'll think back to for a long time to come.

Obviously we are all DUKE fans, so it's very important about the success of our team. That being said, I'm really excited about seeing the group of Austin, Mason (whenever he decides), Kyrie, and G all continue to develop. The character of these guys, and their ability as players has me proud as a Duke fan.

Austin gone

Okay, now it' official. We can stop agonizing about it. Thanks, Austin, for a great season and good luck in the NBA.

Next play.

I guess that's Mason, whose future is still up in the air. Best guess (and it's just a guess), we won't find out his decision until he hears from the NBA draft advisory committee (which is suposed to deliver its findings to players who file papers by April 6).

Beyond that, we have the potential decisions by Jefferson, Parker, Ziegler and Muhammad. Maybe by the UConn kid Oriakhi.

That is "real" information..

Hi,

Coach K saying Austin is headed to the NBA is a bit of real information. Sure, the other guys were "right," but it sounded like the final decision didn't happen until this past weekend. The fact that Coach K hasn't said that Mason is leaving leaves that decision for a future day and if CBS, NBC, ABC or who have you says something about Mason leaving I will wait for a quote from either Coach K or Mason to validate it.

GO DUKE!

I realize this thread is only supposed to be about Austin or Mason...

Hi,

Have any of the other kids: Curry, etc. made any statements about leaving early? I realize that leaving early does not mean a kid is ready to do so, but other kids besides Austin and Mason, undoubtedly also have dreams about playing pro ball. I hope Austin comes back for his degree. I always thought pro-football players were ahead of many pro-baseball players in life-skills because they usually went to college and wrote papers, took tests, walked around with professors, you get the idea.

GO DUKE!

Hi,

Have any of the other kids: Curry, etc. made any statements about leaving early?
    GO DUKE!
    I assume you mean with Curry if he would forgo his final season to go play overseas? I don't believe he will do that ultimately because his goal in transferring to Duke was to become and NBA player. With a year of eligibility left, that is still possible. He needs to have a big summer though, IMO.