Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

FSU vs UNC: Lawson hurt

More thuggish play from FSU during a loose ball tie up and Lawson got thrown to the deck. Beneficial for us but even I hate to see that happen to another player.

Looks to be a high ankle sprain.

I never want to see players hurt. Quick recovery to Lawson.

Wasn't Reid the one who threw a punch at Paulus?

Get well soon, Lawson.

I would hate it to win the game only to listen to the "Lawson did not play" excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    Get well soon, Lawson.

I would hate it to win the game only to listen to the "Lawson did not play" excuses.
    You just snap back, "Marty didn't play either."

But seriously, get well soon Mr. Lawson.

The ACC needs to address the rough play as it is becoming detrimental. I seriously despise seeing players hurt.
    Bob Green

Watching this game and the several that DUke played this year, it doesn't look like the hand check foul is a point of emphasis this year.

I agree the ACC needs to do something about such physical play. I didnt believe FSU was as bad as V-Tech or Miami though.. IMO.

Is Lawson out for the Duke game?? Or is that to be said later on?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlood View Post
    I agree the ACC needs to do something about such physical play. I didnt believe FSU was as bad as V-Tech or Miami though.. IMO.

Is Lawson out for the Duke game?? Or is that to be said later on?
    He's not coming back for this one and if its a serious high ankle sprain, I don't think they should risk him for the Duke game. It will probably be swollen and he'll have limited mobility for a good couple of weeks, I can't imagine he'll be 100% by Wednesday.

That's too bad about Lawson - I hate to see anyone get hurt, especially due to overly physical play.

This game raises another question. Should I want UNC to win? What will their dynamic be on Wednesday if FSU were to manage to pull off the upset?

Ita

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The ACC needs to address the rough play as it is becoming detrimental. I seriously despise seeing players hurt.

You took the words right out of my mouth. So far we've seen loads of cuts and bruises, and now a sprained ankle. How long before something worse happens?

Best wishes to Lawson for a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    That's too bad about Lawson - I hate to see anyone get hurt, especially due to overly physical play.

This game raises another question. Should I want UNC to win? What will their dynamic be on Wednesday if FSU were to manage to pull off the upset?
    Truthfully i dont want fsu to win cuz i hate goonery.

But that said , i doubt FSU winning would affect things. Both Duke and UNC play 150% in the rivalry matches anyhow, i doubt that a loss here would do anything. Especially as a loss here would probably be due to them overlooking them and looking ahead to our game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    is it me or does it seem that the acc has a lot more punks/thugs this year than normal? so far this year va tech (expected), nc state, fsu and miami all have take pretty cheap shots at our guys and, for the most part, played pretty rough. the one team that i thought played clean that i would have expected to have played like thugs is maryland. the league needs to start suspended some of these guys because someone at duke or unc is going to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    is it me or does it seem that the acc has a lot more punks/thugs this year than normal? so far this year va tech (expected), nc state, fsu and miami all have take pretty cheap shots at our guys and, for the most part, played pretty rough. the one team that i thought played clean that i would have expected to have played like thugs is maryland. the league needs to start suspended some of these guys because someone at duke or unc is going to get hurt.
    Lawson got hurt already..

Paulus's nose is probably really sore IF not broken..

Nelson has bled..

The list keeps going... its just a matter of time before something a little more serious happens.

you forgot singler's hockey player face
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    you forgot singler's hockey player face
    I did say the list keeps going . Did he come out for that? I remember he bled early on in the season but that was before the ACC started.

Is Lance going to be at full strength against Carolina?

dukeblood. he came out for a period at florida state when he cracked his chin on the floor (the latest set of stitches i believe).

i konw you had said the list keeps going, i just thought that singler's stitches > demarcus's cut in quantity and severity overall.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

According to InsideCarolina, we're dancing in the streets due to another players misfortune and physical pain, Mike Gminski was jumping up and down with glee while commentating the game. I have only gone to that place a few times, but I lose faith in humanity each time I do.