View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. UNC?

Voters
273. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

4 1.47%
  • Taylor King

0 0%
  • David McClure

0 0%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

0 0%
  • Greg Paulus

89 32.60%
  • Jon Scheyer

33 12.09%
  • Kyle Singler

51 18.68%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Lance Thomas

96 35.16%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Man of the Match vs. UNC

Who was the Man of the Match against UNC?

Can't be Greg, he pulled a Steve Gray at the end. Lance played GREAT!

Well, I voted for Paulus, in part because he has taken so much grief on this board. But I could have voted for Singler, Scheyer, or Thomas very easily. They all made great, timely plays. And Nelson wasn't too shabby.

LT's best game by about a factor of 4.

Thomas was much better than average. Henderson and Scheyer play their average way, Singler played amazing defense on the H-guy. Paulus was the man! Truly a team-win.

Lance

I voted for Lance. He finally found is offense to go with the defense. Nice finishing around the basket and a couple of hook shots.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Lance b/c know body saw that coming. I thought Z out would of really hurt but Lance stepped up. Greg was great, also Scheyer was as good as we could ask for to.

Lance thomas...jumbo can tell you how much i hate him, and think that he's a bad player, i even got infracted on my first post because of him....

But he flat out played redonkulous tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Lance played GREAT!
    He sure did! Has to get an honorary MOTG; it's tough for me not to say Singler in just about every game, but Paulus's shooting was essential to this win; then again Scheyer (who has got tostop bending his knees so much on his 3s; I think he does so because there is something going on in his back, lower back, if I have to guess some more).

And the winner is, DUKE!

Singler

Lance was great but the freshman was the man!

The TEAM today were the "Men" of the Match. Every player who stepped onto the court tonight played with a pair between their legs, and didn't take any B.S. GREAT team game was played tonight that we should ALL be happy for (besides the fact that we beat those second rate holes from down the road). Just amazing tonight watching the unselfishness, made me feel G-R-E-A-T to be a Duke lifer.

Also, I loved the fact that UNC didn't get any home cookin' from the Ref's. It seemed to go both ways throughout most of the contest.

I am so THRILLED!!!! And I don't want to hear any jibber jabber about Lawson not playing...Regardless of who played, we won, they lost.

GO DUKE

And, to answer my question...
    We have to vote for one guy. Those are the rules. I see four candidates:
    Paulus, Scheyer, Singler and Thomas.
    So, I weighed them:
    Paulus -- Positives: Three-point shooting. Really, really great three-point shooting. Negatives: Somehow allowed Quentin Thomas to beat him off the dribble a few times. Made some crazy passes on offense. Tried to save the ball under his own basket late, throwing it through the net and out of bounds. Yelled at his teammates for fouling with a minute left, then fouled Ellington off the ball with 30 seconds left.

Scheyer -- Positives: Played outstanding defense on Ellington; when JS was on him, Ellington rarely got an open look. (His open misses were largely off FTs). Constantly created good shots for himself and his teammates -- the fact that he only had two assists at the half was a joke; I remembered four right away. Grabbed a bunch of rebounds and loose balls. Had at least three steals in the first half; haven't seen final stats. Finallly attacked offensively and hit 7 of 8 FTs on a night where everyone was missing. Negatives: Only shot 4-for-11. Threw the ball away late, leading to a Danny Green 3 to cut it to 83-78.

Kyle Singler -- Positives: Was a total rock. Hit some threes, drove on Hansbroug, grabbed tough rebounds. Most importantly, he stayed on the floor by avoiding foul trouble. Negatives: Went too long without touching the ball in spurts. Didn't shoot especially well (5-for-12, I think). Hansbrough did score 28 points and Thompson was a force too.

Thomas -- Postives: Exceeded all expectations. Finished inside, scoring 10 points. Grabbed a few tough rebounds. Had one great block. Didn't foul out. Negatives: Hansbrough went off down low. His contributions were big for him, but not necessarily for other standards.

For me, the easiest one to cross off was Paulus. After that, it's a tossup. In the end, I picked Scheyer because he just brough a steadying influence into the game. K sent him to the scorer's table just two minutes into the game, and he didn't come out the rest of the first half. He played a ton in the second half. He has absolutely harrassed Wayne Ellington in three career matchups now, and with Nelson in foul trouble and Henderson missing FTs/launching some strange shots, he initiated much of the offense that led to threes for other guys. I think this is only the second or third time that I've voted for Jon this year, but he deserves it.

I can't wait to see what the official boxscore shows, as well as the plus/minus stats.

Greg kept us up tonight, but Lance was on tonight. Let's hope he can keep that up all year. That would be a huge boost.

What a game!

They were all good!

I voted for Jon, but it I could have voted for any of them.

Well, the net, net is in -- the winner is TEAM. Hard to think of who you would bench without making our team a lot worse. I believe I heard that we had six players in double figures. I think we have also had six different MOTMs this year. That is really phenomenal balance.

Paulus

Some of those shots were off balance or off the dribble.

With Paulus playing the way he has the last few games, we rise to being a great team, not just a very good team.

Singler is a close second - played great on both ends of the court, great rebounding in the second half and avoided foul trouble.

Henderson had some freakish athletic plays including the monster block on Hanslkjflksjf just before Singler hit the 3 to put us up 71-62.

Thomas had his best game at Duke and had a great block or two.

What a great team effort - 6 players in double figures. And we survived a second half where our best player picked up his 4th foul with 16 minutes to go.

Awesome.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Scheyer

Scheyer was everywhere - particularly in crunch time. He did everything you can ask of a player and was in such control throughout. With Nelson hampered with fouls- Scheyer took out the lunch pail and had a great game.

Scheyer was the glue tonight. Greg's 3s were big and Lance's contribution was certainly unexpected, but Scheyer's overall game rose to the occasion tonight.

I can't choose!

I can't vote for a single player in this poll. Too many people were too solid. Can I vote for the whole team?

Scheyer probably had the best game, but I can't pass on a legit chance to vote Lance as MOTM.