Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Watch the Oriakhi situation closely.

Watch the Ziegler situation closely.

Watch Mad Men tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

Watch Mad Men tonight.
    I like the sound of these thoughts. I will be quite a bit pleased if we could add those two guys along with Sulaimon, Murphy, and Marshall. Our team would have a much different look next year if that scenario played out.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Watch Mad Men tonight.
    Thanks for the tidbit Mike. Much appreciated.

I suspect next year's team will have quite a different look and feel from this year's team.

This is why I thought the sarcastic thread title change was unnecessary. These guys have just as much of a shot at ending up at Duke as certain recruits who have their own threads.

Anyway, Oriakhi will apparently know whether or not he has to sit out for a year or not within 7-10 days:

Connecticut should learn whether it's eligible to play in the 2013 NCAA tournament within a week to 10 days, according to NCAA president Mark Emmert.

The deadline for the Huskies to submit their appeal to the NCAA's Committee on Academic Performance is Monday, according to Emmert.

But a UConn official told ESPN.com on Sunday the Huskies sent in the final appeal within the last two weeks, well ahead of the deadline.

As of right now, the Huskies are ineligible for the 2013 Tournament. They've had one appeal already denied and this would be their final appeal.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    This is why I thought the sarcastic thread title change was unnecessary. These guys have just as much of a shot at ending up at Duke as certain recruits who have their own threads.

Anyway, Oriakhi will apparently know whether or not he has to sit out for a year or not within 7-10 days:
    No way the NCAA reverses that ruling. Not going to happen.

Hey, it's slowly becoming self-fulfilling

Of course, if I had my way, the recruiting threads (particularly now, late in the season) would be similarly titled: [Insert Player's Name] is the last remaining top recruit, so obviously he should come to Duke. It's the tone that >50% of the posts on the recruiting threads seem to take.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    No way the NCAA reverses that ruling. Not going to happen.
    we'll see. a 975 APR after instituting a new academic program is pretty compelling

but you're probably right.
    April 1

Oriakhi

A previous blurb from earlier in the day indicated Alex was not going to consider Duke, but now Goodman tweeted the below

Jeff Goodman ‏ @GoodmanCBS
    Duke will make a play for UConn transfer Alex Oriakhi, sources told CBSSports.

Confusing.

Perhaps it is just me and I'm misunderstanding the situation but I'm not real high on Oriakhi after his very public jabs at Calhoun. Now I am in no way a Calhoun supporter or a fan of UConn but his public Twitter critcism of his coach just doesn't sit well with me.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    A previous blurb from earlier in the day indicated Alex was not going to consider Duke, but now Goodman tweeted the below

Duke will make a play for UConn transfer Alex Oriakhi, sources told CBSSports.

Confusing.
    Also this...

Here's who has reached out to Alex Oriakhi: KY, UNC, Duke, NC St, Fla., Temple, Xavier, UCLA, Mizzou, George Mason, Va Tech, Va., Charlotte.

Do not be shocked if Missouri is among the leaders for Oriakhi. I know how much he loved playing with Phil Pressey back in the day.

Obviously the second one is an opinion, but the first one sounds like Goodman is in contact with Oriakhi's people or Alex himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    Perhaps it is just me and I'm misunderstanding the situation but I'm not real high on Oriakhi after his very public jabs at Calhoun. Now I am in no way a Calhoun supporter or a fan of UConn but his public Twitter critcism of his coach just doesn't sit well with me.
    I was thinking about that as well. I presume that K and company will suss that out if Alex reciprocates and a genuine courtship ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by tastytaste View Post

Others had tweeted that exact same thing earlier in the day and then Goodman tweeted something contradictory this evening. Not sure whom to believe. Probably the former.

BDN (watzone) tweeted that his understanding was that Oriakhi's interest depended on TP and Mason's decisions.

I'll just be thrilled if we end up with one of the three.

Watch Mad Men tonight.
    BDN (watzone) tweeted that his understanding was that Oriakhi's interest depended on TP and Mason's decisions.

I'll just be thrilled if we end up with one of the three.
    At this point, would it be accurate to say there's three big men who could potentially fill one spot?

If Mason stays, would our chances with Parker diminish? If Mason stays, I assume Oriakhi would not be interested in backup minutes.

If Mason goes pro, Oriakhi and Parker could co-exist conceivably, but probably would not want to be in a position to split minutes. So I'm assuming we will not have two of Mason/Parker/Oriakhi next year.

please help me understand - is it right that due to Uconn APR Oriakhi IS eligible next year (2012-13_ but bc Zeigler is a simple transfer he is NOT eligible until a yr later like Seth Curry was (2013-14? are those both correct?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    please help me understand - is it right that due to Uconn APR Oriakhi IS eligible next year (2012-13_ but bc Zeigler is a simple transfer he is NOT eligible until a yr later like Seth Curry was (2013-14? are those both correct?
    Oriakhi is probably eligible next season. If UConn wins their appeal of the post-season ban then Oriakhi would not be eligible next season.

Zeigler is probably not eligible next season. If he manages to get a waiver because his father was fired then he could possibly be eligible next season.

I have no idea of the odds of either or both of the contingencies occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    At this point, would it be accurate to say there's three big men who could potentially fill one spot?

If Mason stays, would our chances with Parker diminish? If Mason stays, I assume Oriakhi would not be interested in backup minutes.

If Mason goes pro, Oriakhi and Parker could co-exist conceivably, but probably would not want to be in a position to split minutes. So I'm assuming we will not have two of Mason/Parker/Oriakhi next year.
    Based on the apparent intentions of Parker to be an immediate impact player and potential early entry guy and the obvious necessity for Oriakhi to land in a situation in which he can be an immediate starter with his one year of eligibility, I think that's a fairly safe working assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Oriakhi is probably eligible next season. If UConn wins their appeal of the post-season ban then Oriakhi would not be eligible next season.

Zeigler is probably not eligible next season. If he manages to get a waiver because his father was fired then he could possibly be eligible next season.

I have no idea of the odds of either or both of the contingencies occurring.
    I think that there is a fairly decent chance Zeigler is eligible immediately. His father being fired from a school, I think would qualify as a hardship because it'd be pretty uncomfortable for the kid to return and play for the next coach. It isn't like his dad left CMU for another gig, he was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post

I don't think Oriakhi would mind splitting minutes w/ Parker or playing beside him or Kelly...I've seen quite a few people on the board misinterpret the reason behind him calling Calhoun an idiot...it was actually in response to someone saying that he should be playing Oriakhi and Drummond together more.