Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    [/B] Also how awesome is it for JRob to come so far? I’ve seen some posts about his lack of athleticism but I don’t really see that. He looks like he’s fast walking when he changes ends but seems pretty quick and agile in the half court. Also wasn’t he a decent HS wide receiver? Maybe he’s still growing into his taller frame but I wouldn’t call him alarmingly unathathletic.
    He seems plenty athletic to me, he's had some nice dunks and blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    totally agree, that chase down block that led to a Buckmire and-1 was pretty athletic. He may not be the best athlete on the team, but that by no means indicates that he lacks athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    totally agree, that chase down block that led to a Buckmire and-1 was pretty athletic. He may not be the best athlete on the team, but that by no means indicates that he lacks athleticism.
    Agreed. Frankly, if he grows another couple inches and gains some weight, he possibly could play meaningful minutes next season, as we'll be in need of bigs.

Not saying he will do those things, but there is some precedent in his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Agreed. Frankly, if he grows another couple inches and gains some weight, he possibly could play meaningful minutes next season, as we'll be in need of bigs.

Not saying he will do those things, but there is some precedent in his family.
    I don't mean this as a slight to J-Rob, but if I didn't know what J-Rob looked like, and you put him next to DeAndre Ayton, I probably would have guessed Ayton was David Robinson's kid. He looks almost like a carbon copy of the Admiral from his Navy days. Even some facial similarities. I'm guessing J-Rob looks like his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    He had 3 blocks in 18 minutes against Pitt. That’s a high ratio, albeit in a small sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    He had 3 blocks in 18 minutes against Pitt. That’s a high ratio, albeit in a small sample size.
    For the season, Justin has the highest blocks per 40 minutes on the team (6.3). Next best are Marques (3.1) and Wendell (3.0). Justin's block percentage (15.6%) also far outstrips Marques (7.6%) and Wendell (7.4%). For comparison, Shelden Williams's senior year block percentage was 7.5% (his blocks per 40 was 4.6). His best block percentage of 8.0% (bp40 also 4.6) came in his sophomore year.

Alas that Justin has only put up such numbers in 51, mostly garbage-time minutes.

However, whoever's been saying that Wendell and Marques aren't "rim protectors" might want to look at their percentages in comparison to the Landlord. Though granted, there's more to rim protection than blocked shots.