New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Lexington Herald Leader cartoon

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, great cartoon linked by the front page. The comments are even better than the cartoon itself. My favorite so far...
    "I'm going to subscribe to the Herald Leader just so I can call and cancel."
    http://www.kentucky.com/2012/05/08/2...#storylink=cpy
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

that is hilarious....but the comments are the most entertaining...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    that is hilarious....but the comments are the most entertaining...
    Entertaining in that sad, run-down zoo kind of way...

You enjoy the animal shenanigans, but you worry about their health and safety.

Illustrator An IU Grad

Ironically, the illustrator is from Indiana and an IU grad. For those interested, here is some perspective (from coach Cal) as to why the UK/IU series was discontinued - (Duke cited) causing all of the recent blowback.

http://www.coachcal.com/14391/2012/0...ional-program/

Funny stuff. I also like the Nike shirt with the 8* (photoshopped or not) national championships.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Sounds like it won't be long before somebody puts out a fatwa against the cartoonist.

Quote Originally Posted by KYtotheCore View Post
    Ironically, the illustrator is from Indiana and an IU grad. For those interested, here is some perspective (from coach Cal) as to why the UK/IU series was discontinued - (Duke cited) causing all of the recent blowback.

http://www.coachcal.com/14391/2012/0...ional-program/
    I think we need to be a little skeptical of his comments. This is a man who has said recently (was it in April?) that he wants to coach an undefeated team through the regular season. Is it a coincidence that he now is refusing to play home-and-away? The odds of going undefeated playing teams like Indiana and UNC every year is practically nil -- but it gets better if you never have to play on their home court. It gets even better if you stop playing them altogether and you can say: "its not my fault"...

...just the conspiracists POV.

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    Entertaining in that sad, run-down zoo kind of way...

You enjoy the animal shenanigans, but you worry about their health and safety.
    That is a perfect analogy.

I look at the new Kentucky wildcats (under Cal) and it reminds me of when I was a child and went to the circus in Raleigh on a field trip. The booming cannons, the Ring Leader on the mic with the gift of gab, and all the wonderful, exotic animals from around the world. All the performers were dashing in their glittering costumes. Acrobats flying around in death-defying feats of amazement. This truly was the greatest show on earth, I thought.

Then, I went to the bathroom and got separated from my class. Desperately trying to find my way back, I somehow ended up in an area of Dorton arena that I wasn't meant to see. I saw one of the clowns with his wig off, suspenders hanging to his knees, smoking a cigarette. He was standing next to the Ring Leader. I thought was so wonderful during the show, and who had traded his big microphone for what appeared to be a Milwaukee's Best beer. He looked over to my direction and gave a big belch, then turned back to his conversation. I was only in 1st grade, but the circus was never the same to me.

Since Cal took over at Kentucky, that memory has come to my mind many, many times.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    That is a perfect analogy.

I look at the new Kentucky wildcats (under Cal) and it reminds me of when I was a child and went to the circus in Raleigh on a field trip. The booming cannons, the Ring Leader on the mic with the gift of gab, and all the wonderful, exotic animals from around the world. All the performers were dashing in their glittering costumes. Acrobats flying around in death-defying feats of amazement. This truly was the greatest show on earth, I thought.

Then, I went to the bathroom and got separated from my class. Desperately trying to find my way back, I somehow ended up in an area of Dorton arena that I wasn't meant to see. I saw one of the clowns with his wig off, suspenders hanging to his knees, smoking a cigarette. He was standing next to the Ring Leader. I thought was so wonderful during the show, and who had traded his big microphone for what appeared to be a Milwaukee's Best beer. He looked over to my direction and gave a big belch, then turned back to his conversation. I was only in 1st grade, but the circus was never the same to me.

Since Cal took over at Kentucky, that memory has come to my mind many, many times.
    I am confused, is cal the ringleader of the circus, or the clown?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I am confused, is cal the ringleader of the circus, or the clown?
    Ha ha. The program is the circus. I'll let you decide for yourself if Cal is the clown or the Ring Leader. I can see it either way.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Ha ha. The program is the circus. I'll let you decide for yourself if Cal is the clown or the Ring Leader. I can see it either way.
    Everywhere else he's been, he was the guy that pulled up the stakes that collapsed the tent.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Everywhere else he's been, he was the guy that pulled up the stakes that collapsed the tent.
    It's CRAZY that these circuses keep hiring this guy!

(Pataphor)

My makeup is dry and is cracked on my chin
    I'm drowning my sorrows in whisky and gin
    The lion tamer's whip doesn't crack anymore
    The lions they won't fight and the tigers won't roar

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
    So let's all drink to the death of a clown
    Won't someone help me to break up this crowd
    Let's all drink to the death of a clown

The old fortune teller lies dead on the floor
    Nobody needs fortunes told anymore
    The trainer of insects is crouched on his knees
    And frantically looking for runaway fleas

So won't someone help me to break up this crowd

-- Ray Davies/Kinks

Any thoughts on how a similar UNC academic fraud cartoon might look?

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    It would have to be quite large.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Anyone know a good cartoonist out there? I've been trying to brainstorm, but as Indoor 66 mentioned, it's would be hard to fit it all in one cartoon.