Page 5 of 180 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Per the twitterz, Duke is now expressing interest in 6'6 2014 wing Justise Winslow. Highlights from last weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CNZuSssf2U

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Per the twitterz, Duke is now expressing interest in 6'6 2014 wing Justise Winslow. Highlights from last weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CNZuSssf2U
    It would make headlines if Justise were to come to Durham.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    It would make headlines if Justise were to come to Durham.

Justice to Durham??

.... What is this, a Lacrosse thread?

updating the list

Adding Justise Winslow to our 2014 target list, what I've been able to compile from the posts and tweets of others, meaning it's likely incomplete, our list for 2014 looks like this:

PG:
    Tyus Jones 6'0 171 out of Minnesota. Appears we're going real hard after this kid. But so is everyone else. Appears to have superstar written all over him at this point.
    JaQual Richmond 6'1" 170, out of North Carolina.

SG:
    Theo Pinson 6'6" 180, North Carolina. Been on him a long time already it seems like and he's just a rising junior!

SF:
    Wayne Selden, 6'5" 200, Boston
    Justise Winslow, 6'6" 195, out of Houston.

Center:
    Jahlil Okafor 6'9" 270, Chicago. Everyone wants him.

Jahlil Okafor

Here's a nice write up on the current #2 prospect in the 2014 class.

In particular, this is nice to read:

He has taken trips to Ohio State, Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina State and Arizona.

“I'm looking for a place that has good players. I want to win a lot of games,” Okafor said. “And my focus is on education.”

While there are no favorites right now, he said Duke, Michigan State, Ohio State and Arizona are coming at him the hardest.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Justice to Durham??

.... What is this, a Lacrosse thread?
    I think David Justice played for the Durham Bulls back in the day.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by jnastasi View Post
    I know it's very early to be talking about this but the top freshman in the nation will be visiting Duke today...Theo Pinson...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ing/onthetrail

Ok, here is the table for the 2014 recruits. Info is for various Duke sources on Twitter, along with Rivals and ESPN. The current rankings shown are from Rivals. (I will change that to RSCI once available in June of 2013)

Code:
    Position   Name	            Measurements	Stars	 Overall Rank	Offer?	Comments
    PG	   Tyus Jones	    6'1, 171lbs	        5	 4	        Yes	Excellent passer. Makes others better. Unique player
    PG	   JaQuel Richmond  6'1, 170lbs	        4	 NR		        ESPN has him 5th at his position and 24th overall.
    SF	   Theo Pinson	    6'6, 180lbs	        5	 14	        Yes	Grew up a Duke fan, excellent scorer from mid-range, and attacking the rim
    SF	   Andrew Wiggins   6'7, 207lbs	        5	 1		        Special Player! May reclassify. #1 Player is his class by a mile regardless of class.
    SF	   Wayne Selden	    6'4 200lbs	        5	 13		        A powerful forward who already owns a man's body
    PF/C	   Jahlil Okafor    6'10, 280lbs	5	 3	        Yes	Great around the rim, great hands and footwork
    Here is the table for the 2014 recruits. The Wiggins kid is the star of the class. Those that saw him in the Nike Hoops Summit got a taste of how good he is. All of the recruiting sites rave about him as well. Bad news is FSU and Kentucky are his leaders.

Really hoping to get the Pinson kid as well as Wayne Selden.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Here is the table for the 2014 recruits. The Wiggins kid is the star of the class. Those that saw him in the Nike Hoops Summit got a taste of how good he is. All of the recruiting sites rave about him as well. Bad news is FSU and Kentucky are his leaders.

Really hoping to get the Pinson kid as well as Wayne Selden.

Newt - next time you update you might want to add Joel Berry, a 6'1" PG out of Florida. Appears we're interested.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Newt - next time you update you might want to add Joel Berry, a 6'1" PG out of Florida. Appears we're interested.
    Will do. Still checking on the offer/no offer for Young. Nothing solid yet. Might remove that with the next update until we are sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Will do. Still checking on the offer/no offer for Young. Nothing solid yet. Might remove that with the next update until we are sure.
    I've checked around lately too on a few sites and I don't see anything indicating that he does have an offer. Chronblog says no, a Michigan State site mentions three schools by name that have offered and then says "and a few others" without naming them, and then a couple of other sites just talk about the interest that Young has shown in Michigan State (home state advantage there for sure), Kentucky (he's indicating he wants an offer from them!), Kansas, Arizona, and Ohio State without even mentioning Duke. Doesn't mean that a lot can't be happening behind the scenes, but from what's available publicly, I'd probably put it under the "no offer" at this time column. Hope that changes -- sounds like a real good player and a good kid to boot.

Tyus Jones Link

Just thought I'd throw out this article I came across today on Tyus Jones, predicting him to be a Blue Devil among other info.

LINK:http://d1basketballrecruiting.wordpr...oint-guard-24/

FYI...It goes will with the main-paige article about Wiggin, Pinson, and Jones.

Pinson

Does anyone know our strategy with respect to Theo Pinson's recruitment? It sounds like he likes Duke and that we are in a strong position with him, but are we waiting until 2013 fleshes itself out prior to offering him? Seems like a top talent who would be a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Does anyone know our strategy with respect to Theo Pinson's recruitment? It sounds like he likes Duke and that we are in a strong position with him, but are we waiting until 2013 fleshes itself out prior to offering him? Seems like a top talent who would be a great fit.
    I was wondering about that too, especially after reading Dave Telep's chat thing today, where he was asked if Pinson is leaning towards Duke. His answer was this: "I think Theo Pinson has always liked Duke. I don't think Duke has put the press on him to commit as of yet. If and when they do, they'll have a great shot."

I don't know how much actual information on this Telep has, so take it for what it's worth.

I was wondering about that too, especially after reading Dave Telep's chat thing today, where he was asked if Pinson is leaning towards Duke. His answer was this: "I think Theo Pinson has always liked Duke. I don't think Duke has put the press on him to commit as of yet. If and when they do, they'll have a great shot."

I don't know how much actual information on this Telep has, so take it for what it's worth.
    Theo Pinson has said nice things about Duke with some regularity.

new 2014 rankings out

Scout has its updated 2014 class rankings out. These are rising juniors. Of the guys we're thought to be going after hardest, here are their rankings:

1 - Wiggins
    2 - Okafor
    5 - Tyus Jones
    6 - Wayne Selden
    12 - Justise Winslow
    17 - Pinson
    25 - Joel Berry
    35 - JaQuel Richmond

Scout has a column for each kid entitled "Schools of Interest." I don't know if that means schools that are interested in the player, or vice-versa. But they do not list Duke with regards to Selden, Winslow, or Berry. That could be just the result of Scout not having the information that we're actively recruiting those kids, or perhaps as to one or more of them, they're correct and we're not.

On the other hand, they have us on the list for #16 rated Justin Jackson, a 6'6" SF out of Texas. That's a name that I haven't seen discussed in relation to Duke before.

Here's the link to the list:
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...pid=88&yr=2014

Scout has its updated 2014 class rankings out. These are rising juniors. Of the guys we're thought to be going after hardest, here are their rankings:

1 - Wiggins
    2 - Okafor
    5 - Tyus Jones
    6 - Wayne Selden
    12 - Justise Winslow
    17 - Pinson
    25 - Joel Berry
    35 - JaQuel Richmond

Scout has a column for each kid entitled "Schools of Interest." I don't know if that means schools that are interested in the player, or vice-versa. But they do not list Duke with regards to Selden, Winslow, or Berry. That could be just the result of Scout not having the information that we're actively recruiting those kids, or perhaps as to one or more of them, they're correct and we're not.

On the other hand, they have us on the list for #16 rated Justin Jackson, a 6'6" SF out of Texas. That's a name that I haven't seen discussed in relation to Duke before.

Here's the link to the list:
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...pid=88&yr=2014

Duke is definitely interested in Winslow.

possible sleeper prospect

i am an asst. coach in scranton, pa and there is a kid by the name of j.c. show that plays on an opposing team that i hope the staff takes a look at. he is very similar to gerry macnamara, from syracuse, at this point in his career. i know duke went after macnamara hard. i think this kid would be a great fit at duke. he is a great kid, leader, and an unbelievably hard worker. as a soph. this past season, he took his team to the state semifinals in the aaa division and averaged close to 30 pts. in the tournament. he will def. be popping up on the radar at some pt.

ESPN's hot-off-the-presses updated top 60 players "considering" Duke:

2. Okafor
    3. Jones
    11. Winslow
    14. Pinson

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Pinson claims an offer from Duke in this video, and indicates he doesn't have a favorite at this point.

http://fivestarbasketball.com/commit...e-and-syracuse

The USA U-17 team is rolling, winning big tonight over China.

USA 116 -- China 47

2014 prospects Justise Winslow, Tyus Jones, and Jahlil Okafor have been playing well as the USA is 5-0. Believe 2014 prospect Theo Pinson failed to make the team. Jabari Parker, a star in the 2013 high school class, has been held out for two games due to a (reportedly minor) knee injury.

Winslow appears to be a "stat-sheet stuffer" who gets points, rebounds, assists, and steals.