Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1138
    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    but I hope that in one of his posts he tells us what Baylor has that we don't. That one has me intrigued.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanSince1990 View Post
    Although I hate to miss out on QM, and wish him luck at Baylor (I assume), I am proud to be a Duke fan reading all these responses to his decision. No one is raking him over the coals. Lots of class on this board.
    Per airowe's post in the Tyler Adams thread, it sounds like the decision to part ways was mutual at a minimum, if not Duke's decision outright.

I think I just read that he chose Baylor, and that is nuts right now. Why would you want to be the next recruit of a team that is being investigated for recruiting violations? Why would you want to risk never getting to play in the tourney like that? I hope this is wrong and he chooses Louisville, just in case Baylor doesn't have eligibility when he comes around. I would like to see him play in March, he seems like a fun loving guy and it is the most fun a college basketball player can have.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Well, maybe he's not worried about the threat of sanctions... he's just worried about getting deported

I wonder what happened to Louisville? I thought they were the favorite all along.

Also, why wouldnt QM wait until the spring and find the best option for him to be The Man.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I wonder what happened to Louisville? I thought they were the favorite all along.

Also, why wouldnt QM wait until the spring and find the best option for him to be The Man.
    I don't think there's been anything official yet, even a verbal. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't sign his LOI until spring.

Talking Lets Wait and See

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeface88 View Post
    I don't think there's been anything official yet, even a verbal. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't sign his LOI until spring.
    WRT the colorful Mr. Miller, I wouldn't count on a thing until he appears in uniform next November, wherever that may be. It is very hard to take anything he says at face value.

sagegrouse

Miller, Bello and Nash set to announcy today on espnu at 5p

Espn is reporting that Quincy, Deuce and LeBryan Nash are set to announce today their college choices on espnu recruiting show at 5pm.

Here is the link: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ing/onthetrail

What I find interesting is that all three have Baylor on their respective lists. What do you think are the chances that all 3 players choose Baylor? And if they do, would that vault Baylor up to the No. 1 or 2 recruiting class in the country and surprass our recruiting class?
    Last edited by Class of '94; 10-21-2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Espn is reporting that Quincy, Deuce and LeBryan Nash are set to announce today their college choices on espnu recruiting show at 5pm.

Here is the link: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ing/onthetrail

What I find interesting is that all three have Baylor on their respective lists. What do you think are the chances that all 3 players choose Baylor. And if they do, would that vault Baylor up to the No. 1 or 2 recruiting class in the country and surprass our recruiting class?
    With three consensus top-10 recruits (and one top-20), Kentucky would still be the top class. But if Baylor did pull in the haul you are suggesting, it might just move them into second.

Miller

Jeff Goodman's tweet:

Louisville pulled out of Quincy Miller deal Duke never wanted him. He's almost certainly heading to Baylor with assist from Brian Clifton. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
    ...Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    With three consensus top-10 recruits (and one top-20), Kentucky would still be the top class. But if Baylor did pull in the haul you are suggesting, it might just move them into second.
    Agree with you, but if we get Cook I think we'd be back at 2. Compare the classes (rankings are from ESPN):

Duke: Rivers (1), Gbinije (24), Cook (34), Plumlee (42), Adams* (unranked)
    Baylor: Miller (4), Nash (10), Bello (50), Winters (unranked)

* for now at least
    Last edited by rotogod00; 10-21-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Jeff Goodman's tweet:

"Louisville pulled out of Quincy Miller deal Duke never wanted him. He's almost certainly heading to Baylor with assist from Brian Clifton." about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

...Seriously?
    Is Clifton still with Baylor?

I thought he was a part of of John Wall's paid "entourage."

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Jeff Goodman's tweet:

...Seriously?
    I don't agree with never but the interest was definitely coming more from one side than another for a while.

Best of luck to Quincy, he's got a great personality, great talent, and hates unc. Hard not to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I don't agree with never but the interest was definitely coming more from one side than another for a while.

Best of luck to Quincy, he's got a great personality, great talent, and hates unc. Hard not to like him.
    airowe, apologize if this has been discussed previously, but can you shed some light on why K and staff were apparently only lukewarm on Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Is Clifton still with Baylor?

I thought he was a part of of John Wall's paid "entourage."
    That was Dwon Clifton, a younger guy (late 20's) who played at Clemson. Actually, he also played his HS ball at Westchester Academy, where Deuce goes and Quincy just transferred. I wonder if that had anything to do with it, or just coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    That was Dwon Clifton, a younger guy (late 20's) who played at Clemson.
    Dwon Clifton and Brian Clifton are brothers, and both have been involved in operating the D-One Sports AAU squad.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    airowe, apologize if this has been discussed previously, but can you shed some light on why K and staff were apparently only lukewarm on Miller?
    Can't really give you any specific instances. I can say that Quincy is well respected by people I know, and he's always been nothing but nice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Can't really give you any specific instances. I can say that Quincy is well respected by people I know, and he's always been nothing but nice to me.
    Not saying anything everyone doesn't already know, but your good judgment and discretion in posting on this board are a model to emulate. You don't speculate about things you don't know, and you know what to share and what not to out of what you do know. It's no surprise you are one of the most respected posters here. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Not saying anything everyone doesn't already know, but your good judgment and discretion in posting on this board are a model to emulate. You don't speculate about things you don't know, and you know what to share and what not to out of what you do know. It's no surprise you are one of the most respected posters here. Thanks.
    Seconded.

Quincy and Deuce both committed to Baylor on ESPN U

Baylor.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1014204.html

Best of luck to Miller who seems to be a fun loving kid.