Page 190 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 901401801881891901911922002402906901190 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 67390
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    What's gotten into me today? I'm trash talking on sports threads!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    What's gotten into me today? I'm trash talking on sports threads!
    You're rapidly approaching a milestone.

THAT'S your problem.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

On the way into work this morning, I started singing along to 'Go Your Own Way'. I feel so unclean.

Luckily I caught myself after just a couple of bars and changed stations. Somebody was playing XTC. I love XTC. Nerd rock rules!
    Fleetwood Muck doesn't ... I never understood the irrational fear of the Mac.

DBR Karma Follow-up

Okay, all, a bit of a change of subject. For all of you who have beneficiaries of the DBR Good Karma Tsunami, how has your situation continued to play out? In my case, VERY well. The new job absolutely rocks! Have the rest of you fared as well as I have?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Fleetwood Muck doesn't ... I never understood the irrational fear of the Mac.
    I don't fear them, I'm just playing along. (But I don't like the band either.)

Wow, my 1000th post is rapidly approaching. I need to think of something.

Wow, my 1000th post is rapidly approaching. I need to think of something.
    We're all breathless with anticipation. Your 1000th post is a lot of pressure. Throaty took a couple of days off in preparation for number 3000.

Whatever it is, it has to be here.

Here it is - number 1000

Monkey, please pay attention.

A couple of weeks ago, the idea was floated to have a day where we all went crazy in the LTE. Post as many times as possible in the span of 24 hours. I suggested September 9th as the day. Well, we never made it official, but I will start things off, again.

Way back in December 2007, BD had the idea to encourage PWing on a scale not yet seen at DBR. We were to pull together and leave threads like Duke's new football coach and President W's mispronunciation of Battier in the dust. Anything was fair game here except anything that belongs on the PPB because here, we all just get along. It started with PopTarts, it quickly deterioated into insults. The insults were fun but ultimately not sustaining. We've been through yogurt and movies and snow and NASCAR and self-congratulatory accolades. I think devildeac has the record for consecutive posts. Whenever the thread drops to the second page somebody bumps it in disbelief, not always the same person.

We have become a group of 21st Century friends. We know each other fairly well even though I couldn't pick anybody but Tilly, CathyCA, and devil84 out of a lineup. Tilly's name isn't actually Tilly but I think I called her that several times when I met her. I suspect she thinks of me as BD. There have been requests for good vibes and we've virtually helped each other move and take new jobs. There used to be many more threads that petered out after 3 or 4 posts, I think most of those random ideas wind up here these days. Some topics die quickly, some linger, some go away only to reappear weeks or even months later. Fleetwood Mac is one of these. You don't have to read all 180 pages to catch the drift around here. At least I think you don't. I believe you can jump in and go from here.

Lavabe has moved from Atlanta to Kentucky. ArkieDukie moved too. billybreen has been MIA for awhile, I'm starting to worry about him. Tilly keeps everybody sane. EarlJam keeps us all insane. There's a lot of comparisons of Macs and Microsoft but I'll be honest, I forget who's who in that argument. Dogs are owned, cats are owned. Babies, not so many, but we welcome the occasional cute kid story. Blublood usually supplies those.

So here's to you, all of my internet friends. I wouldn't have made it to 1000 posts without you. Have a virtual drink on me.

Congratulations on 1000 posts, BD.

It is fitting that is on the LTE - what a great idea you had.

Thumbs up A big thumbs up to you, BostonDevil

Sorry for the double post - but you deserve double the congrats!
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 09-09-2008 at 12:21 AM. Reason: add a mea culpa

I second the congratulations. A fine post for number 1000.

Well, I've been PWing tonight, only not here! I'm off to bed but I will pick up my end of the stick tomorrow morning.

So here's to you, all of my internet friends. I wouldn't have made it to 1000 posts without you. Have a virtual drink on me.
    And huzzah to you, BD, for 1,000 posts and for creating a special inner sanctum of the neighborhood pub that is DBR.

I confess, this is the first thread I check every time I come to the boards, and lately, is the only thread I read for a couple days at a time.

Here it is - number 1000

A couple of weeks ago, the idea was floated to have a day where we all went crazy in the LTE. Post as many times as possible in the span of 24 hours. I suggested September 9th as the day. Well, we never made it official, but I will start things off, again.

Way back in December 2007, BD had the idea to encourage PWing on a scale not yet seen at DBR. We were to pull together and leave threads like Duke's new football coach and President W's mispronunciation of Battier in the dust. Anything was fair game here except anything that belongs on the PPB because here, we all just get along. It started with PopTarts, it quickly deterioated into insults. The insults were fun but ultimately not sustaining. We've been through yogurt and movies and snow and NASCAR and self-congratulatory accolades. I think devildeac has the record for consecutive posts. Whenever the thread drops to the second page somebody bumps it in disbelief, not always the same person.

We have become a group of 21st Century friends. We know each other fairly well even though I couldn't pick anybody but Tilly, CathyCA, and devil84 out of a lineup. Tilly's name isn't actually Tilly but I think I called her that several times when I met her. I suspect she thinks of me as BD. There have been requests for good vibes and we've virtually helped each other move and take new jobs. There used to be many more threads that petered out after 3 or 4 posts, I think most of those random ideas wind up here these days. Some topics die quickly, some linger, some go away only to reappear weeks or even months later. Fleetwood Mac is one of these. You don't have to read all 180 pages to catch the drift around here. At least I think you don't. I believe you can jump in and go from here.

Lavabe has moved from Atlanta to Kentucky. ArkieDukie moved too. billybreen has been MIA for awhile, I'm starting to worry about him. Tilly keeps everybody sane. EarlJam keeps us all insane. There's a lot of comparisons of Macs and Microsoft but I'll be honest, I forget who's who in that argument. Dogs are owned, cats are owned. Babies, not so many, but we welcome the occasional cute kid story. Blublood usually supplies those.

Right on! You should write plays and stuff. I like Bostondevil.

We took a 2 and 1/2 hour break. Excellent post for 1000 Boston Devil. I'm with 2535Miles, you should write stuff.

Here it is - number 1000
    Have a virtual drink on me.
    A little too early for me, but I do have a brief drink story. Years ago, I stopped by Boston to visit several friends who were going to HLS. We stopped by the Hong Kong and had some Scorpion Bowls. I thought they were nothing at first but got hit by them as I reached the bottom stair. And this is when I was in good drinking shape having just finished up my stint with the West Pointers and all. Well, I went back there a few weeks ago and nothing. And they didn't hit my by the bottom stair. They were just a nice tasting drink that I now fear to admit I had in public(not manly enough).

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Sorry for the double post - but you deserve double the congrats!
    Double posting is not a crime, the limit is three. Does that make dd a criminal? Perhaps the judge will have to rule on that one.

BD- I can still edit my prior post, so I think there is a time limit rather than a post limit. I've hit three and no one else is here so that is all the PW'ing I can do for now. Hopefully someone picks up the baton soon...

Congrats to Bostondevil!

Here it is - number 1000

A great milestone post, and very well-written. Like you, I'm amused by the topics that disappear and reappear. References to Fleetwood Mac make me laugh. I have recently gotten hooked on Facebook to keep connected with my various "real" friends, and I read this thread to keep up with my virtual friends. Kudos to all who have kept it alive.

Post 600 for me!

When I posted the preceding post, I noticed that it put me at 599. At the risk of sounding like Monk, I had to post once more to make it an even 600!

Edit: It's also an even 3600 posts for the thread!
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 09-09-2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: addendum