Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: miles plumlee

miles plumlee

has he asked for/been released from his stanford LOI yet?

come play with your bro, bro!

Interesting how it is the cover story on TDD...

Quote Originally Posted by kramerbr View Post
    Interesting how it is the cover story on TDD...
    I thought the same thing.

Does he have any interest in coming to Duke?

I'm not so sure we want him...

Someone posted earlier that he grew up disliking Duke... for what that's worth...

Feel free to correct me, if anyone knows something more accurate.

We are looking at him

My source is good, he is better than his bro and was injured last year and would have had a better ranking, we need him, lance and zoubs and david have little scoring ability

Quote Originally Posted by duke211 View Post
    My source is good, he is better than his bro and was injured last year and would have had a better ranking, we need him, lance and zoubs and david have little scoring ability
    Then why didn't we so much as look at him before? It's not like he committed to Stanford super early?

I have a hard time accepting that Freshman Miles Plumlee would be better than Junior Brian Zoubek, if Zoubek stays healthy. Zoubek was injured the majority of his sophomore season, but if he is healthy next season, he will be a solid big man. His experience gives him the edge. I see Zoubek averaging 22 mpg and 12-14 ppg next season.
    Bob Green

"I'm not so sure we want him..."

what's not to want? 6'10" 230 skilled mobile. like, we don't need that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I see Zoubek averaging 22 mpg and 12-14 ppg next season.
    12-14 ppg???

I've never heard anyone say that Miles' potential is as good as Mason's.

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    "I'm not so sure we want him..."

what's not to want? 6'10" 230 skilled mobile. like, we don't need that?
    Where do you see him listed as 6'10", 230?

I think 6'9 205-210 would be a bit more accurate...

"12-14 ppg???"

right, what kind of seaweed are you smoking over there bob. zoobs might be better not being injured, but they call HIS travels. his footwork is suspect. he has zero offense beyond 4 feet. he is slow. he can't guard anyone beyond the foul line extended. i would really like to see him succeed, but i have seen little evidence to support 12-14 ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    12-14 ppg???
    That may sound ridiculous, but I really believe we have yet to see the real Brian Zoubek. He struggled his freshman year with foul trouble and travelling. Last season he was injured twice. With the caveat I stated, if healthy, and added experience, Zoubek could really make heads turn the next two years. Right now, I am just hoping for step one - successful recovery from his latest foot surgery.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    That may sound ridiculous, but I really believe we have yet to see the real Brian Zoubek. He struggled his freshman year with foul trouble and travelling. Last season he was injured twice. With the caveat I stated, if healthy, and added experience, Zoubek could really make heads turn the next two years. Right now, I just hoping for step one - successful recovery from his latest foot surgery.
    I agree that Zoubek will be better, but 12-14 ppg is a lot of points for anyone. It's even an even higher average for someone playing 22 mpg. And it's even tougher to do for someone playing in a perimeter-oriented attack that returns four double-digit scorers, three of whom (Henderson, Scheyer and Singler) all have the potential to significantly increase their output.

The 230 is probably wishful thinking, but according to this Louisville C-J article (scroll a little) from last summer, Miles is 6-11. He won't stay in the 205-210 range for long. He may well be above that now.

I remember reading that Mason grew up liking UNC but they didn't offer and Duke didn't pursue until UNC filled up.

Thus, Miles might be the same story.

Anyone 6"8" plus and can contribute with 8+ points and 4+ rebounds is a good pick.

Zoo has had injury issues so the book is out on him and I fear he may always have injury issues, he looks like he isn't comfortable with his body.