2010 Duke's Backcourt Best in Duke's History

After looking at some stats and such. This Duo is the best back court we've ever had.

They combined for 1360 points (Most in Duke History).
    They won a championship.
    Played great defense.
    Shot free throws well.
    Had the lowest A/T Ratio of any duo.

Looking at this 2010 team, their is a strong possibility that we see 2 jerseys retired and likely a 3rd if they repeat. Wow Special run, even after the loss of Gerald, Mcclure and Elliot we played good and smart.

So much for a weak and thin backcourt huh?

u gotta be kidding me . . . they were better than dawkins and amaker statistically?? wowwww

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    u gotta be kidding me . . . they were better than dawkins and amaker statistically?? wowwww
    This is quite a shock to me. I didn't realize that. Wow, go Nolan and Jon. It's going to be weird and sad to see the team without Jon next year. For all the talk about Duke needing a dribble-penetration, speedy-type of point guard, I think you could also make the argument that Jon had one of the best seasons of any Duke point guard in history with only a few impressive names (barely) ahead of him (Hurley, Williams).

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Cool Eating my crow

I gotta admit I didn't think Duke had a chance of going far in the tourney with such a thin backcourt, especially once Dawkins minutes started getting limited. Coach K again proves how much he knows about basketball and character. The players showed amazing fortitiude and desire. Props to all. And consider me humbled yet again with the sport that I love. and I love to be proved wrong in this manner. The crow tastes great.