Duke Basketball Pre-Game Warm-up (VIDEO)

Here is an overview of what the Duke Men's Basketball team did for their pre-game warm-up against Wake Forest in early January. They took the court about 60 minutes before tip-off. They were precise, focused and enthusiastic in everything they did. They were organized and structured... nothing was haphazard. It paid off, they beat a very solid W.F. team by 20.

I would like to extend a special thank you to Hoop Connection for laying down the track... the song is from a hip hop artist who is boys with LeBron James!

Thanks for sharing this! For guys like me who have never had a chance to visit CIS or watch a game there, it's gives us a little insight to what actually happens. Also, I often wonder how the players run on the court from the locker room to start the game...is there music playing and or a video showing, are the lights off with laser graphics on the floor, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilCorvette! View Post
    Thanks for sharing this! For guys like me who have never had a chance to visit CIS or watch a game there, it's gives us a little insight to what actually happens. Also, I often wonder how the players run on the court from the locker room to start the game...is there music playing and or a video showing, are the lights off with laser graphics on the floor, etc?
    Easy; an announcer says "Here comes Duke!" and the guys run out while the band plays a bit.

At least... that is what SHOULD happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Easy; an announcer says "Here comes Duke!" and the guys run out while the band plays a bit.
    The band plays 'can't turn you loose' and dr chandler says 'here comes duke' and thats that
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post

Here is an overview of what the Duke Men's Basketball team did for their pre-game warm-up against Wake Forest in early January. They took the court about 60 minutes before tip-off. They were precise, focused and enthusiastic in everything they did. They were organized and structured... nothing was haphazard. It paid off, they beat a very solid W.F. team by 20.

I would like to extend a special thank you to Hoop Connection for laying down the track... the song is from a hip hop artist who is boys with LeBron James!

I want to implement Duke's warm-ups with the team that I coach, but I have trouble explaining the passing drill that starts at the 30 second mark. I'm sure it is easier than I make it out to be, but if anyone has an explanation I would appreciate it. Also, can it be done with 8 players?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post

At least... that is what SHOULD happen.
    the band vamps on the ostinata from can't turn you loose and everyone (crazies) turn left and go ohhhh, then turn right and go ohhhhh and repeat while shaking their fists up and down...then the old announcer (miss him already) says 'here comes duke' the band starts the song and everyone goes nuts...they go straight into the layup and 3 man weave drills
    April 1