Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

One Shining Moment - Complaints about the official one, plus a better alternative

Did they REALLY need to put in that clip of Lance's hard foul? Come on!

LOL c'mon let's just be happy!!

Sorry, I forgot that the happy police patrolled these boards. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Ok, I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Sorry, I forgot that the happy police patrolled these boards. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Ok, I got it.
    You're right. Eh. Haters gonna hate. Editors have bias too. Who cares. We did it. WE DID IT!

Jennifer Hudson diva

I don't remember them flashing back so many times to the singer. I thought most of the clips were of the players.

Horrible One Shining Moment. No need to keep showing Jennifer Hudson and her version was HORRIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    Horrible One Shining Moment. No need to keep showing Jennifer Hudson and her version was HORRIBLE!
    Agreed! I believe they showed more clips of Jennifer Hudson than they did of duke players.
    What ever happened to the David Barrett version?
    Note to CBS -> use the KISS method - simple works

ARo24

I don't think they've ever shown the singer during the One Shining Moment montage.

And I'm a bit put off by the fact that they chose to show Jennifer Hudson, instead of a tip-off.

And it wasn't so much Lance's "hard foul" as it was Hayward's awkward fall following Lance's reach-in foul.

Worst one shining moment ever. I feel cheated good thing we have that little old national championship to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    I don't think they've ever shown the singer during the One Shining Moment montage.

And I'm a bit put off by the fact that they chose to show Jennifer Hudson, instead of a tip-off.

And it wasn't so much Lance's "hard foul" as it was Hayward's awkward fall following Lance's reach-in foul.
    The horrible OSM almost ruined the night. Almost...but NOT! Nothing could ruin this!

That said, "The ball is tipped" should coincide with the ball being tipped. What was up with Jennifer Hudson being shown there (and at other times)? Vandross' version shows him, too, but it was tastefully done. Of course, the singer has no place in the OSM video. I propose that one of our many technically proficient Blue Devils (maybe Singler or Thomas) make a better one using the Barrett or Pendergrass version.

I am glad someone started this thread. Very weak OSM. Didn't like the vocals, didn't like the cuts to the singer, didn't like the editor's choice of highlights. Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln? Oh well, a minor annoyance on an incredible night.

Quote Originally Posted by banneheim View Post
    I don't remember them flashing back so many times to the singer. I thought most of the clips were of the players.
    Thank You. I dont give a pottymouth about that anorexic pottymouth. I LOVE the OSM, and the tournament replay it provides. That's why I watched 91,91, and 01 repetitively today!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    Worst one shining moment ever. I feel cheated good thing we have that little old national championship to fall back on.
    You read my mind. Let the haters chew on that Natty earned with Brian Freaking Zoubek sealing the deal!!

From here on out, I am going with OldNavy's and my late momma's method's. Embrace the hate. (From OldNavy) And Kill them with kindness (Momma God Rest Your Soul!)

So thanks CBS. That was funny how you showed 1 Duke play and it was a foul by Lance and a flop by Chitwood. Funny.

Love you ESPN, Love you too Gottlieb! Easy or not it is a Natty baby! Sleep well Doug!!

Oh and FYI, Zoubs has as many rings as Hansflop!!

Quote Originally Posted by aro24 View Post
    What ever happened to the David Barrett version?
    Best version ever. The only version, IMO. Maybe we should start a campaign to bring it back.

I've seen how the OSM should happen for the last couple of weeks and every time I saw it in my head it started the same way - with Zoubs on the tip. When that didn't happen I screamed and I'm just going to continue playing my version in my head.

OSM and 96

As evidenced by the awful changes to One Shining Moment and the proposed plan to expand the tournament to 96 teams, people clearly don't understand the concept of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I didn't want to see Jennifer Hudson, I wanted to see basketball clips. That and the awful alternative camera angles they kept using during the game both really annoyed me, though are a drop in the bucket compared to the thrill of the win!

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDukie View Post
    Best version ever. The only version, IMO. Maybe we should start a campaign to bring it back.
    I agree completely! THAT version gives me goosebumps. The Luther Vandross one was horrible and the one tonight was even worse. I still remember when it was played after the 1992 game...SO much better than now. Oh well, guess we just have to settle for a National Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by banneheim View Post
    It really took you out of the montage with the constant cuts to Hudson. Two thumbs down. Plus, there weren't enough Duke highlights! A real let down.

The Lance foul is also on constant replay on ESPN as if it was a game-changing moment or something controversial. I think the networks keep using it to ginup fake controversy. Hell, Clark Kellog said over and over it was fine and the refs even took a second look on the monitors. Why is there some incessant need to harp on a simple foul where Hayward simply fell awkwardly?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDawg View Post
    The Lance foul is also on constant replay on ESPN as if it was a game-changing moment or something controversial. I think the networks keep using it to ginup fake controversy. Hell, Clark Kellog said over and over it was fine and the refs even took a second look on the monitors. Why is there some incessant need to harp on a simple foul where Hayward simply fell awkwardly?
    No less an authority than Doug Gottleib said on ESPN News that the slow-mo replay makes the foul look worse than it really was, and it wasn't intentional.

Every now and then, he gets one right.