Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All is right with the world (as Order Was Restored in April 2010)

20 years to the day after Laettner and "The Shot"

Now I have to change my avatar!!

GO BIG BLUE
    Last edited by Newton_14; 04-04-2012 at 08:03 PM.

We're flattered that you felt the need to post to DBR within 10 minutes of your team winning the title.

Promise to come back within 10 minutes of when the title is vacated too?

too bad kentucky putting 5 guys in the draft was the greatest day in UK basketball history...i mean, after that, this title is really nothing special
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by dynastydefender View Post

GO BIG BLUE
    So, today is March 28?

Nice to see the first thing you think of after winning is DUKE.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by LSanders View Post
    Promise to come back within 10 minutes of when the title is vacated too?
    Even Nike thinks it's gonna be in dispute sooner or later...they truly have a sense of humor!

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Kent...t_-_Royal_Blue

Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

All is right with the world!

I'll say!

Detroit Tigers...home opener at Comerica Park, Thursday April 5. 2011 MYP and Cy Young winner, Justin Verlander to take the mound

We should change the title of this thread to say "Official UK Troll Thread."

Good for the kids at UK. Bad for college basketball because Calipari's lack of respect for education is vindicated.

Not to mention

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    We should change the title of this thread to say "Official UK Troll Thread."

Good for the kids at UK. Bad for college basketball because Calipari's lack of respect for education is vindicated.
    More and more programs are going to follow suit, whether they want to or not. Is it too early to start calling it the sport formerly known as college basketball?

Some things never change

GO BIG BLUE
    No matter what happens in the world of college basketball Duke remains the center of the hoops universe.

GO BIG BLUE
    Your inability to understand the calendar is trumped only by the simple fact that no matter how many years it has been, Christian Leattner's shot will always go in. Always. No championship will erase, which most college basketball fans will concede, the greatest moment in NCAA tourney history. Put that on your avatar.

GO BIG BLUE
    I find it amazing that Kentucky fans are still thinking about that game. Duke was the favorite- the consensus number one team- KY was to be the spoiler- at best. They had their chance to win and could not make the stop- but it is not like they were destined to win it all. This year's KY team is good but not in the class of the great teams of the past. KY has won three national championships since the shot- it is time to stop obsessing over it.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    KY has won three national championships since the shot- it is time to stop obsessing over it.
    And so have we.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

All's right with the world? Tell that to the guy who got shot during the "celebration" in Lexington.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...fans-celebrate

Even Maryland fans don't shoot people.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    More and more programs are going to follow suit, whether they want to or not. Is it too early to start calling it the sport formerly known as college basketball?
    I dont think you can have more than 1 or 2 teams follow this model. The last Anthony Davis to come along in college was Greg Oden. He was the runner-up in 2007 to juniors Joakim Noah and Al Horford.

The other dominant freshmen - John Wall's UK team lost in the Elite 8 and had 4 freshmen turn pro, Rose was the only elite freshman on his runner-up team, Irving was the only elite one on his Duke team. Guys like Kevin Durant, Mike Beasley and OJ Mayo played on average teams that made no tourney-time splash.

So no, I do not think it's possible for more than a team or two, and even then their track record is one title - this year's UK team is the first to load up on elite freshmen and actually win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    We're flattered that you felt the need to post to DBR within 10 minutes of your team winning the title.
    I guess it beats the alternative forms of celebration in which dynastydefender could have been participating in Lexington...

Per ESPN:

On Saturday night, rowdy fans swarming the streets overturned cars and torched couches after the Wildcats defeated rival Louisville in a national semifinal game.

After the championship game, numerous small fires were set, dozens were arrested and one man was wounded by gunfire as fans again filled the streets near campus.

If they win it all again next year, maybe there'll be a murder. They do it big. I'll give the Commonwealth that.

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Even Nike thinks it's gonna be in dispute sooner or later...they truly have a sense of humor!

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Kent...t_-_Royal_Blue

Along the same line of thinking, perhaps Nike would consider re-cycling this one:

Order Has Been Restored (*)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

GO BIG BLUE
    “20 years to the day”????????????????? But then again, you shouldn’t expect kentucky fans to be that good at math; even their dentists think that 8 teeth equal “a full set”!!!!

Ahh, no worries... this one will make everyone feel better

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondth...pPowerRankings

Quote Originally Posted by turnandburn55 View Post
    Ahh, no worries... this one will make everyone feel better

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondth...pPowerRankings
    That site is quite a find. I simulated the (Duke) '99 team against the '01 team 36 times (on a neutral court), the '01 team came out ahead 19 games to 17. While it was even at 32 games, 16 to 16, the '01 team did have more wins at all times, leading me to think if the simulation were done more times, '01 would have a definitively higher win percentage.

For people who haven't looked at that site before, it also has other major sports and teams (not just championship ones, for example) -- lots of things to play around with.