Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    K destroys reporter for asking Z about his "up and down" career.
    hehe, I'd like video of that.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Devil View Post
    Coach K gave a lot of credit to Butler, however not a mention of Duke by the Butler coach. Not many Duke shots in the shining moment video...but so what! We da champs.
    Jennifer Hudson's singing was so over the top and was a disgrace to the likes of Pendergrass and Vandross.

But if that's the only blemish on the night I'll take it 11 times out of 10.

2010 CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i sure am sorry i've been banned on IC and CATSPAUSE...could i pay someone here to post some things for me?

PM me if you're up for it...

So... this team's freshman year, we went to Virginia, and lost a game in overtime. In that game, Sean Singletary hit a game winning shot that was essentially identical to the shot that Hayward took tonight. He drove to the right side of the lane, and took a fadeaway 12-footer over the extended arm of Josh McRoberts. Tonight, Hayward drove to the right side of the lane and took a fadeaway 12-footer over the extended arm of Brian Zoubek. Singletary made his shot; Hayward missed his. Zoubs went down to the other end and took care of business, and this team came full circle, ending up with national title #4 in an excellently played basketball game over a high quality opponent. All I have to say is, GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Number 4!

Character and heart. I love these guys for all they have done. They define TEAM. Valiant effort by Butler but perhaps the real cinderella story should be how this "alarmingly unathletic" team just won the National Champiosnship!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    At first glance, I thought it was the wrong move. But now that I think about it, that ball can bounce anywhere off the rim and in that situation milliseconds of a loose ball is a luxury. They have 3 seconds. 3 SECONDS. Its hard to regroup and dish to a shooter for a half court shot off a rebound in that situation.

In the end, no matter what they were going to have to hit a 3. So who cares if we lead by 1 vs 2.
    It worked out in the end, but I disagree with K here. I would much rather play 5 more minutes than leave the game in the hands of a half-court heave.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!

Way to go guys! That's 4 for K and Duke now. Wonderful!!

This team gave more, improved more, won more then we had any right to expect.

Kudos particularly to big Z. He is the reason this team made the great leap forward in late January.

Kudos also to Kyle. He also put it together after a tough early season stretch.

Contrats to Jon. He played wonderfully. He's just a winner.

Happy happy for Lance. He gave this team tough D, hustle and points in the second half.

Nolan, now you have a memory to go with your dad's trip to Indianapolis.

On a personal note, I'm really glad I got to watch this game with cousin Joe who provided me with about double my normal ration of beers to mellow me out as we watched the game. Otherwise I wouldn't have lasted to the end.

As to Zoub's missed FT at the end. I'm fine with that strategy.

Finally, Butler should be proud. This was a true championship game and both teams are winners.

I think we got several cheap shots tonight, and a lot of them all year. But, since we are Duke and have all these great advantages (??) we are expected to suck it up and take the hits. Which, of course, we do. Butler gave us their best shot (and it was a good one) and we still won. This is the way Duke legends are made.
    In a way, I wish that JJ could have been a part of this team. However, I wonder how well he would have fit it. At Duke he was pretty much a one-dimensional player (but superb in that dimension). In the NBA, he has developed his body and his game, and is much more well-rounded.

Come back Kyle!

We can repeat. With Kyle, Nolan, MPs, Kyrie, Seth, Andre, and the rest of the crew, we can do it again.

Sure will miss Jon, Brian and Lance though. Way to go out guys. Thanks for all the memories.

Hasn't hit me yet

WOW, I really can't believe it, what a win....what a grind it out gutty win.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    It worked out in the end, but I disagree with K here. I would much rather play 5 more minutes than leave the game in the hands of a half-court heave.
    How many half-court heaves have you ever seen go in?

They're a GREAT team!

One amazing stat...

...Zoubs played 31 minutes...I think that's the most he's ever played in a game...in a National Championship game...in his senior year...

...an awesome little fact from an awesome win...

I've gotta get in here too! Great Great Great job by this team. They won against a lot of different types of teams. So happy for the guys. Just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I am happy!
    Hey - welcome back! Nice to see you celebrating with the DBR crowd again!

Woooooooooooo-hooooooooooooo!

I'm so happy for this team! Congratulations, Duke!

So strange...

that this team, that we've watched all year, and talked about on DBR, and micro-analyzed their shortcomings is now the national champion. It's like we're letting others into our story. Weird - but awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    How many half-court heaves have you ever seen go in?
    Sure, but that's all the more reason to make the free throw. It's a half court heave for Butler regardless of what we do at the line. Between a half court heave to tie, and the same shot to win, I'd rather they be shooting to tie the game. We didn't give them any more difficult of a shot by Zoubek missing that free throw.

Oh.............

what a night, what a game, what a team, what a coach!!!!!!!! I will have to shower again after that one!!

Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    ...Zoubs played 31 minutes...I think that's the most he's ever played in a game...in a National Championship game...in his senior year...

...an awesome little fact from an awesome win...
    ...On the eve of his 22nd Birthday...

edit:And post #346 means I'm no longer the G-Man.