Page 7 of 179 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    According to the TheRecruitScoop, we have now offered 2012 wing Shabazz Muhammad.
    do you have a link for this?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    According to the TheRecruitScoop, we have now offered 2012 wing Shabazz Muhammad.
    In checking twitter, it looks like that "tweet" was from a Duke fan and not TheRecruitScoop.

Does not mean it is a false statement, but it does lower the credibility significantly..

dukefan805‎: RT @TheRecruitScoop: Duke just offered Las Vegas product Shabazz Muhammad '12, a 6-5 forward from Bishop Gorman High School.
    Twitter - 35 minutes ago

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    do you have a link for this?
    This was a tweet:

TheRecruitScoop: Duke just offered Las Vegas product Shabazz Muhammad '12, a 6-5 forward from Bishop Gorman High School.
    Wouldn't exactly take this with a grain of salt but wouldnt take it as gospel either. It's definitely noteworthy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    In checking twitter, it looks like that "tweet" was from a Duke fan and not TheRecruitScoop.

Does not mean it is a false statement, but it does lower the credibility significantly..

That tweet was actually a reposting of the tweet by TheRecruitScoop.

RecruitScoop is legitimate. He is Alex Kline from BoxOfMess.com. Very connected with a number of young, talented basketball players.

I believe it. Was only a matter of time...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    That tweet was actually a reposting of the tweet by TheRecruitScoop.
    Ok. Thanks. I read it incorrectly then. Looks like Airowe is vouching for the guy as well. Maybe we will get an official confirmation soon as well. The wide net approach continues! I think Coach is on a mission to have one of those incredible runs and shut completely up all the "havent won since" crowd for good.

Highlights

TOC Duke prospect videos (Cook, Murphy, Muhammad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOpKy889QPY

Shabazz Muhammed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMIpgQjgQy4

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Thanks for the videos. I watched DreamVision's practice on Friday. Shabazz dunks like that during practice too. He is ferocious around the rim and it doesn't hurt that he's a lefty either...

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Thanks for the videos. I watched DreamVision's practice on Friday. Shabazz dunks like that during practice too. He is ferocious around the rim and it doesn't hurt that he's a lefty either...
    Is Elliot Williams a good comparison?

I'm glad we offered a talented kid like Muhammad, but I think I read somewhere that Justin Anderson said that Duke was his dream school. It's strange because Anderson (also a SF) was Hairston's teammate at Montrose and is ranked higher on some recruiting websites than Shabazz. I may be wrong, but I don't think we have even offered Anderson yet.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Elliot was a shooting guard, Shabazz is a small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Elliot was a shooting guard, Shabazz is a small forward.
    Shabazz and his family want him to play SG in college as that's where they see him playing in the NBA.

It's early yet, but at this point I believe Shabazz has a better outside shot than Elliott and probably isn't as strong on defense. Remember, this kid is a rising junior in high school so there's plenty of time to work on D...

Many people I trust compare Shabazz's game to James Harden and that's who he likes to compare his game to, so I'll go with that.

Not a good comparison,imo Eliot is alot more athletic. Shabazz is more skilled.

JMO,Shabazz will end up A blue devil. Anyone want to make a bet on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    Not a good comparison,imo Eliot is alot more athletic. Shabazz is more skilled.

JMO,Shabazz will end up A blue devil. Anyone want to make a bet on this?
    I will...if Duke offers Anderson

I'm glad we offered a talented kid like Muhammad, but I think I read somewhere that Justin Anderson said that Duke was his dream school. It's strange because Anderson (also a SF) was Hairston's teammate at Montrose and is ranked higher on some recruiting websites than Shabazz. I may be wrong, but I don't think we have even offered Anderson yet.
    We have not, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did it in the future. He is certainly on our list of the key guys to go after... NOT the top, but certainly on there.

I am really happy that we offered a kid like Muhammad... He would be a huge addition to this club with his great outside shooting and his overall skill set would be a huge boost to us.

Us offering Muhammad is not going to have any affect on us offering Anderson, Murphy or any other 3. As Airowe stated below, Muhammad's family wants him to play the 2 in college to get ready for the NBA.

So this will not affect us at all with other wings.

Muhammad is better than Elliot Williams in my opinion, and the poster who said he is not as athletic probably has never seen Muhammad play. The kid is an athletic freak with a very skilled game.

He has indeed been offered by Duke and some are even claiming Duke to be the favorite. I have no idea where he ends up, but Coach K wants this kid bad and if I had to guess, he will probably end up ranked in the top 3-5 overall in his class when it's all said and done (behind Andre Drummond). Very impressive talent IMO.

I disagree. Muhammed has the quicks but average hops. You want to see an athletic freak, look at Bishop Daniels or Justin Anderson.

I disagree. Muhammed has the quicks but average hops. You want to see an athletic freak, look at Bishop Daniels or Justin Anderson.
    A lot of players have just average hops in high school basketball, Shabazz is not one of them.

Average hops if you are comparing him to Elliot or Justin Anderson. He is a great athlete with very good hops.

Shabadazz does not have average hops. During his practice in Cameron on Friday prior to the TOC, I watched him jump from a standstill and dunk the ball so hard that he put this arm into the rim down to his elbow.

When have you seen him play?