Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Most of us avoided the upset bug. No one in our pool took New Orleans, which was the team that knocked the most people out this week according to Yahoo. We had 2 people fall from the No Miss pool by picking Seattle. We had 5 people take their first hit in the One Miss pool, 2 from Seattle, 1 Green Bay, 1 New Orleans, and GW67 forgot to make a pick so he picked up a strike.

--Jason "I am sorta hating week 2... Pats are the only pick that seems at all safe right now" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Pats at home versus Arizona this week...

Or do I risk it all on the Bengals at home against the Browns?

-Jason "any other options?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Going to take a little risk and hope Locker is banged up enough such that San Diego is a good pick. Saving the Patriots and the Texans for another day...

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Going to take a little risk and hope Locker is banged up enough such that San Diego is a good pick. Saving the Patriots and the Texans for another day...
    I considered taking the Chargers but couldn't pull the trigger. The same goes for the Bengals who are a seven points favorite at home against the Browns. In the end, it is all about surviving so I decided to take the Patriots.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I considered taking the Chargers but couldn't pull the trigger. The same goes for the Bengals who are a seven points favorite at home against the Browns. In the end, it is all about surviving so I decided to take the Patriots.
    I'm seriously considering the Bengals this week because of how awful the Browns (AKA Brandon Weeden) were last week. Not sure that the Bengals are a good choice except against the Browns, so it might be worth the risk. Thankfully, I have some time to make my decision.

Wait a sec- there was a game tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Wait a sec- there was a game tonight?
    There's a game every Thursday this year (well, except for Week 1 when it was moved to Wednesday). This is a change from last year when they only had the Thursday opener and then Thursday games in the 2nd half of the year.

It looks like our deadline isn't until 1 PM on Sunday though.

The Patriots could make this week very difficult for a lot of us.

Ugggghhhhhhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    In the end, it is all about surviving so I decided to take the Patriots.

Over half the pool, both ours and nationally, eliminated today!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "I may pick against Miami virtually every week of the season " Evans
    Oops.

This year is already insanity.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Ugggghhhhhhhhhh.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Bob Green

PITTSBURGH and BUFFALO this week

So for week 3 I'm continuing the "reverse psychology" theme of picking teams that I would secretly prefer lose.

Having said that, I'm taking Pitt over Oak as I truly despise all things Steelers (as a side note, why are SO MANY Steelers fans also UNCCH fans?)

Also, I'm taking Buffalo over the Browns in the "1 mistake" game as I'm betting against my beloved Brownies until they show they can put together a complete game at least once this year(look at their schedule; if they don't win this game, they may go 0-16 this year...for real)

I.am.a.loser!

Well, I went with the Saints at home, which was a bad choice. Seeya...
    Bob Green

Brutal week, yet again. San Francisco and New Orleans lose and eliminated almost everyone.

Wow, bad picks for me this week- out of no mistakes and one strike on on one mistake.

If anyone wants help with their picks for the rest of the season, please feel free to ask who I'd choose, and then pick that team's opponent.

Only 4 people remain in the no-strike pool: boudreau, DUMBer than you, Highlander's picks of destiny, and pfrduke.

It appears that only 8 of us are still alive in the 2 strike pool (Chicago saved me this week): Barker, bluedevilbrowns, DUMBer than you, Don't Lose Week 2, Dukeface, Jason's Nearly Perfect Picks (that's me!), Juice, and Zippori.

Wow... it has been a devastating season to lose so many players after just 3 weeks. I blame the replacement refs

-Jason "next week looks easier -- Ravens, Falcons, and Cards all look to be solid favorites at home... so I am sure a couple of them will lose" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Only 4 people remain in the no-strike pool: boudreau, DUMBer than you, Highlander's picks of destiny, and pfrduke.

It appears that only 8 of us are still alive in the 2 strike pool (Chicago saved me this week): Barker, bluedevilbrowns, DUMBer than you, Don't Lose Week 2, Dukeface, Jason's Nearly Perfect Picks (that's me!), Juice, and Zippori.

Wow... it has been a devastating season to lose so many players after just 3 weeks. I blame the replacement refs

-Jason "next week looks easier -- Ravens, Falcons, and Cards all look to be solid favorites at home... so I am sure a couple of them will lose" Evans
    I think more than that are still alive in the 2 strike pool - for example, Indy this week was my first strike. Looks like about 21 people still going (although only 8 got picks correct this week, and only 3 have no strikes).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

After being embarassed to lose week 2 in the "No Mistake" pool, I find myself proud to still be alive in the "1 Mistake" pool after week 3. Somewhat amazing that it's an accomplishment to pick 2 out of 3 games without a spread. Crazy year. Though you know it's a crazy year when the most picked team in week 3 is 0-2 going into their game.