Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Big Fourth Quarter for Kyrie

Kyrie scored 17 points in the 4th Q to lead the Cavs from 17 points back against the Pistons, 102-101. Quite a stat-sheet stuffer night: 25 points, five RBs, 8 assists, two steals and two blocks. Also, six turnovers.

sagegrouse

nolan getting some burn in the blowout against the spurs (three spurs stars out)

man, i just don't see why he's not getting more minutes...silky smooth
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
    Yup. Here are his stats for the last 3 games. 4 for 19 from the field, and...39 rebounds! Huh?
    Darn near Rodmanesqe.

Almost said that myself!

NBA Rising Stars Challenge

Kyrie Irving got 34 points and 8 assists. They are about to announce MVP and if it is anybody but KI I will be shocked. This game like all the others has ZERO defense but it is still fun to see him tear it up that much.

And the winner is...

Yup Kyrie Irving! 34 points and 9 assists (My bad earlier when I said 8) he also went 8-8 from 3!!!! Hopefully he will add Rookie of the Year to his awards list.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120224/SHQCHK/gameinfo.html
    Last edited by JNort; 02-24-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Yup Kyrie Irving! 34 points and 9 assists (My bad earlier when I said 8) he also went 8-8 from 3!!!! Hopefully he will add Rookie of the Year to his awards list.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120224/SHQCHK/gameinfo.html
    Forget the "rising" part... Kyrie is a Star. So glad he is one of ours.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

The 34 points is a rookie record in this game (previously 33 by Lebron James)!

Also at the halftime interview. Craig Sager told Kyrie that Kenny Smith refused to say what school Kyrie was from.

Kyrie responded "Never heard of him. Who's he?" and then when he left he made sure he cheesed to the camera to make sure everyone knew he was joking.

So glad this guy chose Duke...great representative for our school.

I guess Team Chuck lives by the three

Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post
    Forget the "rising" part... Kyrie is a Star. So glad he is one of ours.
    He is right there at it anyway! Maybe the Cavs as much as I despise the entire organization can become a team I cheer for. Maybe they draft Austin this year in the first and get Mason in the 2nd??? That would be if they both left this year and if Mason dropped that far.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I guess Team Chuck lives by the three
    Lol I get what you are saying but it was kind of the EXACT opposite.

Team Chuck: 11 for 20 from 3

Team Shaq: 12 for 41 from 3

Team Shaq died by the 3 tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    nolan getting some burn in the blowout against the spurs (three spurs stars out)

man, i just don't see why he's not getting more minutes...silky smooth
    HA! I don't spend much time at all on this thread but just got off the phone with my brother who lives in the 'burbs of Portland and has become a bit of a Jail, err, Trail Blazers fan. Sadly he did not have too much to report about Nolan but couldn't resist a nice smackdown on Raymond Felton who he said was really "stinking it up out here" and would love to see Nolan get some burn.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    HA! I don't spend much time at all on this thread but just got off the phone with my brother who lives in the 'burbs of Portland and has become a bit of a Jail, err, Trail Blazers fan. Sadly he did not have too much to report about Nolan but couldn't resist a nice smackdown on Raymond Felton who he said was really "stinking it up out here" and would love to see Nolan get some burn.
    I listen to talk radio here in Portland and every caller is begging for Nolan to get some burn. Most people are fed up with McMillan's lack of playing time for young guys. If it was up to the fans, Nolan would be getting a chance to see what he can deliver.

That's awesome; he has a great personality and it's not surprising he's become popular with the fans, even if it is only by default. As this grueling season wears on I hope he does get some more floor time.

Kyrie and the Cavs with a big game coming up tonight against Jeremy Lin and the Knicks. I'll be heading to a sports bar in Palo Alto to root for Kyrie. Should be fun to stir the pot a little bit. (Although I have enjoyed the Linsanity around here so far!)

A buddy of mine has a site that is doing a NBA players by college tournament and this round has Duke vs UNC. Its obvious we are better but the fan vote throws it off.
    http://www.prepforce.com/home/front-...olina-vs-duke/

Quote Originally Posted by Swardy View Post
    A buddy of mine has a site that is doing a NBA players by college tournament and this round has Duke vs UNC. Its obvious we are better but the fan vote throws it off.
    http://www.prepforce.com/home/front-...olina-vs-duke/
    I've done my part to help with the voting.....

This doesn't even include Henderson - who might start over Redick? Certainly either one would dominate Vince "bc" Carter

Writeup on the Knicks - Cavaliers game (aka Jeremy Lin and Kyrie show) Wednesday night:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...sEnabled=false

I haven't been able to follow and update as I would like, but...

Tonight Boozer, Deng and the Bulls take on Kyrie and the Cavs. Bulls up big in the 3rd quarter. Kyrie did not dress due to illness. Deng is having a huge game with 21pts in 24 minutes and Boozer has 13pts in 20 minutes.

A lot of Dukies see action tonight: Shelden and the Nets, Dunleavy and the Bucks, Brand and Philly, Lance and the Hornets, Maggette and Gerald and the Cats, Battier and Miami, Hill and the Suns, McRoberts and the Lakers. It will be cool to see the stats for everyone tomorrow!

Also, this is veering Off Topic a little: but LeBron had an incredible performance last night against Portland:

38 points on just 22 shots, 11rebs, 6ast, 5stl, 1blk, and not a single turnover.
    Dude started at Center defensively and played PF offensively. And guarded every single position during the course of the game. Unreal. The game before he had 36points on 23 shots, including 6-8 from 3. On the season he is .549 from the field and .431 from three.