Page 14 of 156 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by enick66 View Post
    Gotta like this quote from Austin!!!

AUSTIN RIVERS, Winter Park (Fla.) 2011, PG/SG, being recruited by Duke: “Duke! Just because they’re my team and they play harder! They just want it every game and they have better guards. I say it will be 76-65, Duke.”

From - http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...-the-big-game/

In reading the article, it seems like Harrison "Benedict Arnold" Barnes will be there.
    Sounds like Austin has a new love and can't figure out how to leave the old one.

Come on, Austin, there must be 50 ways to leave your lover.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Sounds like Austin has a new love and can't figure out how to leave the old one.

Come on, Austin, there must be 50 ways to leave your lover.
    Yeah - Run out the back, Jack; Get a new Toy, Roy...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Yeah - Run out the back, Jack; Get a new Toy, Roy...
    ...make a new plan Stan...

He is WAY too young to know that classic!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post

A simple, "see ya' later, alligator" should do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post

In carolina they have a popular variation of the classic:

"Stay away from the bus, Gus!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Nashville View Post
    Paging Austin Rivers, Austin Rivers Please Report For Duty.
    There is nothing that U of F could offer Rivers that we dont have. With the talent coming we can only go up. Only a matter of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Go 2 Hell Carolina View Post
    There is nothing that U of F could offer Rivers that we dont have. With the talent coming we can only go up. Only a matter of time!
    The chance to break a streak of four straight years of missing the NCAA tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The chance to break a streak of four straight years of missing the NCAA tournament?
    Do you want to play for a team that might have a chance to get into the NCAA or play for a chance to win the NC as well as a much better conference. Rivers gets really frustrated when he team mates struggle and there seems to be a fair share of that at U of F.

Quote Originally Posted by Go 2 Hell Carolina View Post
    Have you seen the women in Gainesville?

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Have you seen the women in Gainesville?
    I will give you that! Amazing

rivers had 41 in the game tonight when i stopped watching. scored in a variety of ways. heard K and collins were there.

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    rivers had 41 in the game tonight when i stopped watching. scored in a variety of ways. heard K and collins were there.
    I watched that game too. Watching what Florida is doing right now, and looking at the situation he would have with the Devils, I think there is a good chance he comes here. He would be perfect with Kyrie... Him and Kyrie in the backcourt. Take a look at what our lineup could be:

PG: Irving/ Thronton
    SG: Rivers/ Curry/Dawkins
    SF: Dawkins/ Felix
    PF: Miller/Hairston/Plumlee
    C: Mason/ Marshall/ Aziz/ Miles

That's assuming we get Marshall and Miller which is up in the air right now, but I think there is a chance we do pry them due to with Plumlee family connections with Mason and Miles.

Could you just imange??
    Last edited by Bob Green; 02-18-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    In carolina they have a popular variation of the classic:

"Stay away from the bus, Gus!"
    Because Roy is definetly coy.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Because Roy is definetly coy.
    And he pines for a "Freshly fallen, silent shroud of snow".

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    That's assuming we get Marshall and Miller which is up in the air right now, but I think there is a chance we do pry them due to with Plumlee family connections with Mason and Miles.
    You're also assuming that we get Felix. And that we don't get whatever prospects are out there but haven't yet surfaced. A lot can happen between now and 2011... but regardless things are definitely looking good for us.

I watched that game too. Watching what Florida is doing right now, and looking at the situation he would have with the Devils, I think there is a good chance he comes here. He would be perfect with Kyrie... Him and Kyrie in the backcourt. Take a look at what our lineup could be:

Could you just imange??
    Actually, that's assuming quite a lot. In addition to Miller and the youngest Plumlee, we don't yet have Felix, we don't yet have N'Diaye (I don't even think he's gotten an official offer), and we don't have Rivers (who is still committed to UF). And we don't know for certain that all of the players we currently have will still be there in 2011 (it is conceivable that Mason and Irving could be good enough to go very early).

It's a nice picture, but a lot of dominoes would still have to fall our way.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Actually, that's assuming quite a lot. In addition to Miller and the youngest Plumlee, we don't yet have Felix, we don't yet have N'Diaye (I don't even think he's gotten an official offer), and we don't have Rivers (who is still committed to UF). And we don't know for certain that all of the players we currently have will still be there in 2011 (it is conceivable that Mason and Irving could be good enough to go very early).

It's a nice picture, but a lot of dominoes would still have to fall our way.
    Things just never work out like this. It's nice to contemplate, but the odds of this falling into place are quite long.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/02/r...nt-of-coach-k/

Rivers is an elite talent for sure and wif Duke lands him ... this one has a little ways to go yet.

Could you just imange??
    There are too many variables involved here. First and foremost, does Irving go pro? And do we get Quinn Cook class of 2011 to replace him? If so, replace Irving with Cook. If we don't get Cook, maybe Seth Curry runs the point? Also, the odds of us landing both Rivers and Miller are pretty low. I feel optimistic on both, but I was optimistic on Prince Harry too, and look how that turned out. Lastly, Mason may go pro before that year, though I hope he doesn't. The only thing I feel truly confident about is landing Felix. I don't think he's going to turn us down for ASU.

Plus, do we really need 3 superstars of Irving, Rivers and Curry in the backcourt? I would almost call that too crowded. As a Duke fan I would love it, but it's a long shot.

EDIT: And where is Kelly in that equation? Ryan Kelly will be a very, very good player for Duke. He is a multitalented big man, with excellent shooting and passing. His on court intelligence is superb. He is definitely a Coach K type player.

Is it just me or does he look absolutely NOTHING like his father?