Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Devil View Post
    FJ was one of the more forgettable players we’ve had. I also thought Gary Trent Jr. should have stayed another year, but he’s done very well.
    If Jackson had stayed another year to master the point and give the 2018 squad another consistent outside shooter....

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Trent didn’t need the money right away so it’s a shame he didn’t stay a while. Probably the same goes for Carey. An extra year at Duke would teach you a lot plus you would have the time of your life.
    I question whether Carey would have had the time of his life at Duke had he stayed for the 2020-2021 season.

Trent bet on himself and won. He’s made a mint. I would have loved having him on the 2019 team as he would have filled an obvious need - but can’t fault him at all for the decision he made. Clearly it worked out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Defense View Post
    I've said it for years -- I don't mind losing an Elton Brand or a Luol Deng or a Zion or Banchero to the pros.

It's just sad to see people leave Duke and go to the G-League.

Might help if the NCAA would simply let people come back and play if they get drafted, though the timetable on that would be tricky.
    We've been there and done that. NBA was not happy because teams had spent a pick. Plus second round now are worth much more because of the second apron luxury tax. College coaches were not happy because the want to know their roster ASAP and not wait until July. With the portal that's even a bigger concern. Also the return rate of players was extremely low.