Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Apparently is down to Orlando and the Knicks for Duhon. Orlando is offering 3-years and $10 million while the Knicks are at 2-years and $6 million. The catch is that the Knicks are offering more playing time and will probably make Duhon their starter at PG. The situation in Orlando is less certain.

The Knicks will not even begin to consider more than 2 years for Chris because they must maximize cap space for 2010. They will not budge on that for anyone.

--Jason Orlando is also interested in Maggette, but the Spurs and Celtics are the front-runners for Corey" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I'm not sure how much I like the idea of Duhon going to Orlando. We already have one former Dukie riding the pine I don't want another. He does have better size and defensive abilities than Nelson so it's possible he could steal some quality minutes but its also possible that he might have to reserve a seat next to JJ!
    I doubt they would sign a $10 million dollar deal with Duhon just to have him sit on the bench. JJ isn't playing because the guy that's ahead of him, Bogans, is shooting lights out from behind the 3 point line, which is JJ's specialty. It's one thing to draft a guy, even a lottery pick, and not play him, but free agency is a whole different ball game. If they sign Duhon, then it's a pretty sure thing that he's in their plans for game day.

Orlando's incumbent at PG is Jameer Nelson, who seems to be able to score at a high level but doesn't seem to fully embrace the idea that distributing the ball should be a higher priority. If CD can do a better job of setting up Howard, Lewis, et. al, then I think a starting job is there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    WOW!! Good for Chris - it shows the Bulls were idiots and shows the value Chris really has.
    I disagree with this too. The NBA is a business, it's nothing personal, but the Bulls used their #1 pick on Derrick Rose, thinking that he has the potential to be an All-Star. It's a pretty reasonable risk to go in a new direction with Rose, who has a really appealing and probably superior offensive skill set, especially if Duhon really parties as much in Chicago as he (apparently) did while he was at Duke. Based on what I've seen of Duhon, he can be a really effective Eric Snow, Derrick Fisher type of player. Rose, on the other hand, has shown greater potential (sorry) in his one year of college ball, and looks like he could be an All-Star some day. Clearly there was a personality mis-match in Chicago, and clearly some of the blame lies on Duhon. I don't think you can call the Bulls idiots for going in a new direction given the personality conflicts with Duhon, and given that the new direction is Derrick Rose.

Which part did you miss? The hit and run? The signing in Italy? The family issues that caused him to back out of the deal? The lawsuit that the team brought against him and his agent? His new job after all of that? It has been a rather wild year for Chris after his last NBA deal expired.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Which part did you miss? The hit and run? The signing in Italy? The family issues that caused him to back out of the deal? The lawsuit that the team brought against him and his agent? His new job after all of that? It has been a rather wild year for Chris after his last NBA deal expired.
    Not much info on the web. Can you fill us in on the details?

Chris Duhon is currently an assistant coach at Marshall.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Chris Duhon is currently an assistant coach at Marshall.
    Interesting. I just looked it up and Dan D'Antoni, Mike's brother, is the head coach at Marshall. Looks like Dan got to know Duhon through the Knicks and LA.

Duhon strikes me as an awesome assistant coach. I would love to get recruited by Duhon. I am obviously very biased as Duhon was my first true introduction to Duke basketball.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club