Is this the same guy...

who played at UNC?

Davon Jefferson's Agent Reacts

Makhtar N'diaye, one of Jefferson's agents with Wasserman Media Group, said after the draft ended that he had spoken with six NBA teams that had expressed interest in his client. N'diaye said Jefferson would play in the NBA summer league and "weigh his options," which could include attempting to obtain free-agent tryouts or playing overseas.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/allthingstrojan/

Scroll down.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

yup

And apparently he is one of the guys who talked him into staying in the draft. Because in late March, he was definitely returning to USC.

Never trust a Tar Heel

P.S. I'm totally guessing on his influence, but he's an agent, and therefore slimey.

Gotta Be

It's gotta be the same Makht, I mean Mackt, no wait Makty, grrr...Makhtar N'diaye. (Geeze I thought Krzyzewski was hard to spell!) Nobody is going to name a kid that more than once, at least I hope not. After going through life having your first and last name mispronunced, and knowing your last name will continue to be a toughie. I would hope MN would name his kid something like Sam or Joe.

He should have taught his client to stand atop the table and beat his chest in an attempt to draw attention to himself and get drafted higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    It's gotta be the same Makht, I mean Mackt, no wait Makty, grrr...Makhtar N'diaye. (Geeze I thought Krzyzewski was hard to spell!) Nobody is going to name a kid that more than once, at least I hope not. After going through life having your first and last name mispronunced, and knowing your last name will continue to be a toughie. I would hope MN would name his kid something like Sam or Joe.

He should have taught his client to stand atop the table and beat his chest in an attempt to draw attention to himself and get drafted higher.
    No doubt. When MN did that at Cameron, that was the final straw for my parents. They completely lost respect for the holes after that. Can you just imagine what K would do if a Blue Devil acted with such disrespect?

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    No doubt. When MN did that at Cameron, that was the final straw for my parents. They completely lost respect for the holes after that. Can you just imagine what K would do if a Blue Devil acted with such disrespect?
    I'm pretty sure (and God knows someone will correct me if I'm wrong, it's one reason I love this site) MK did his scorers table chest beat after the final game of the 1998 ACC Tournament. Duke had gotten blown out at UNC Brands freshman year but he didn't play. He made it back to play in a close come from behind win at Cameron. Then UNC won the ACC tourament over Duke the following Sunday

I for one wish UNC was getting that quality of player and personality once again. Call it Karma, but after his display of having zero tact or class Duke went on to have their longest win streak against UNC EVER. MK then went on to accuse some Utah player of calling him a racial slur in his last college game ever. He eventually withdrew the accusation but it went even further to make Cryolina look like sore losers.

If memory serves me correctly MK transfered to UNC from some other school and perhaps had transfered to THAT school beforehand. The guy traveled off the court more than Hansbrough doe on it.

If memory serves me correctly MK transfered to UNC from some other school and perhaps had transfered to THAT school beforehand. The guy traveled off the court more than Hansbrough doe on it.
    I think he went from Wake to Michigan to UNC, without ever playing for Wake. (Some kind of screwup in the recruitment process.)

That's right. And he was well-known to be an I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. by the time UNC took him in. I recall that after the video proved that his accusation of a racial slur by the Utah kid was 100% b.s. fabrication, the UNC sports pr machine issued an "apology" statement, which N'Djerk then basically recanted with a statement to the effect of "that's the university's statement, not mine."

Just imagine how hoop fans around the country would freak out if a Duke player ever acted like that. I guess expectations are lower for Tarheels.

Slimey?

P.S. I'm totally guessing on his influence, but he's an agent, and therefore slimey.
    You might want to think again, bless your heart. Lee Melchionni, a VERY stand-up guy, just became one.
    Love, Ima
    Last edited by JBDuke; 06-29-2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

I'm pretty sure (and God knows someone will correct me if I'm wrong, it's one reason I love this site) MK did his scorers table chest beat after the final game of the 1998 ACC Tournament. Duke had gotten blown out at UNC Brands freshman year but he didn't play. He made it back to play in a close come from behind win at Cameron. Then UNC won the ACC tourament over Duke the following Sunday.
    You are correct but not complete in the story. Makhtar's chest thumpin' came at the ACC Tournament but the rest of the story was that the the scorers table was directly in front of the Duke section where, most notably, K's family. Earlier, in the waning moments of the game, Ndiaye had allegedly stared at the Duke bench and dragged his thumb across his neck in that throat slitting gesture that was all the rage with the kids those days... well, at least the kids who were complete jerks (which recalls the great sign in Cameron: Ndiaye is a Nderk).

K was pretty upset about Ndiaye's actions after the game claiming that the chest thumping actions were inflammatory and "could have caused a riot." While that may have been a bit of hyperbole on K's part it certainly didn't merit the article that Carolina media lackey Art(less) Chansky penned a few days later that accused Krzyzewski of "being out of touch with black culture" and went on to defend the misunderstood Makhtar's actions as merely celebrating the win with a gesture that meant "I've got heart."

Carolina's internet boards at the time (specifically Tar Heel Talk) also contained several allegations that the Duke crowd, and specifically K's family, had been yelling racial epithets at Ndiaye during the game. It was a charge that was not unfamiliar to Makhtar's time at UNC and one that would foreshadow a more prominent incident when the Heels made it to the Final Four. Earlier in the year he had claimed that Maryland fans had yelled racial slurs at him and while I'm loath to put myself in a position to defend Terp fans it is worth noting that Maryland officials denied the accusation.

So if you're scoring at home that's two allegations of racial slurs being directed at Ndiaye before he made it to the Final Four where, after Utah's Britton Johnsen claimed that Ndiaye had spit in his face in the Heels' semifinal loss, Makhtar responded by claiming Johnsen had called him the n-word. Johnsen, who is white (I know, a white guy playing for Utah... go figure) denied using the slur and eventually Ndiaye admitted that he was lying.

hood7's post is dead on in that the university issued an apology and Ndiaye later distanced himself from that statement. I believe that Makhtar's comments came during his court trial that summer after he was accused of assaulting and communicating threats to some guy who was giving him a ride.

All in all, I miss having Makhtar around - he was always good for a headline.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    So if you're scoring at home that's two allegations of racial slurs being directed at Ndiaye before he made it to the Final Four where, after Utah's Britton Johnsen claimed that Ndiaye had spit in his face in the Heels' semifinal loss, Makhtar responded by claiming Johnsen had called him the n-word. Johnsen, who is white (I know, a white guy playing for Utah... go figure) denied using the slur and eventually Ndiaye admitted that he was lying.

hood7's post is dead on in that the university issued an apology and Ndiaye later distanced himself from that statement. I believe that Makhtar's comments came during his court trial that summer after he was accused of assaulting and communicating threats to some guy who was giving him a ride.

All in all, I miss having Makhtar around - he was always good for a headline.
    Yeah, I remember the press asked Johnson if he hadn't said the n-word, then what did he say to Ndiaye to get him so worked up. He said that he told Ndiaye something to the effect of "You've got 60 lbs on me and still I'm kicking your butt".

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    You might want to think again, bless your heart. Lee Melchionni, a VERY stand-up guy, just became one.
    Love, Ima
    Yeah, I know. I was tossed up about making that statement because of Lee; he was one of my favorite Dukies ever, especially knowing he did not play on scholarship all 4 years.In general it's a slimey profession. Ndiaye will probably be good at it. I was surprised when I heard Melchionni got that job. It's making money off of other people's talent. A lot of money. Maybe Lee has an unknown slimey streak .

Out of curiosity, are there any other past Devils as agents now?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yeah, I know. I was tossed up about making that statement because of Lee; he was one of my favorite Dukies ever, especially knowing he did not play on scholarship all 4 years.In general it's a slimey profession. Ndiaye will probably be good at it. I was surprised when I heard Melchionni got that job. It's making money off of other people's talent. A lot of money. Maybe Lee has an unknown slimey streak .

I think I remember reading Carmen Wallace is an agent.

As is Ricky Price.

Yeah, I know. I was tossed up about making that statement because of Lee; he was one of my favorite Dukies ever, especially knowing he did not play on scholarship all 4 years.
    Lee played on scholorship for the last three years. It was only his freshman year we was not on scholorship.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 06-29-2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

What is Jason Williams doing these days? Has he been working as an agent recently?

Classssssssss-ayyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    What is Jason Williams doing these days? Has he been working as an agent recently?
    Yes. There was a thread about it during the season, sometime, somewhere, lol.