Another Shirt Question...

Anyone here know a good place (esp. online) to buy dress shirts at good prices?

I have problems sizing. I am not esp. big, but have a lot of upper body mass/muscle. So, I take at least a 17.5, and even better an 18 neck. One would normally say "big and tall" store. But, there are two problems with this -

1. I am not that "big," except around the shoulders and neck. So I wind up swimming in the mid-section unless I get a tapered shirt.

2. I am not that tall - only 5'11.5", and with really short (32-33) sleeve length.

I also like french cuffs (Duke links!), which makes it even harder...

Any suggestions on this somewhat oddball size/preference???

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post

I have problems sizing. I am not esp. big, but have a lot of upper body mass/muscle. So, I take at least a 17.5, and even better an 18 neck. One would normally say "big and tall" store. But, there are two problems with this -

1. I am not that "big," except around the shoulders and neck. So I wind up swimming in the mid-section unless I get a tapered shirt.

2. I am not that tall - only 5'11.5", and with really short (32-33) sleeve length.

My suggestion: Go to the Custom Shirt Shop, I'm sure ATL has them and get yourself some tailored shirts. Not too much more expensive than buying off the rack and well worth it for the fit.

It would appear we have a similar build and similar tastes. I loved my shirts (when I used to have to wear them). Once they have your dimensions then all you need to do is order the shirts you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post

http://www.bestcustomshirt.com/Frenc...FRJdxwodyxuStg

I buy shirts here. $49 and up. You can set the specifics on style, size and fabric.

I get all my dress shirts from Charles Tyrrwhyt (sp?). I love them - they are great quality and not too expensive. The only thing, you need to get them a little longer than your typical size (I typically get a 35/36 length, and in theirs I am a 37).

www.ctshirts.com

The slim fit shirts are a little shorter, and may be harder to tuck in if that is what you go wtih (although I am wearing one today that tucks in fine).
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.