McRoberts to Indiana

Draftexpress is reporting a trade:

-The trade is between Indiana and Portland we’re informed. Jarrett Jack, Josh McRoberts and the #13 pick (Rush) for #11 (Jerryd Bayless). Indiana must have a trade exception.

Will Mcroberts get playing time on the Pacers?

First Round

It's good to know that Josh has finally been selected in the first round! He actually got to be a lottery pick, well sorta...

From Dan Wetzel on Yahoo

"Also announced, Portland sent Josh McRoberts to Indiana as part of the earlier deal. Apparently the Blazers wouldn't bite on the request for a couple of extra basketballs and countered with McRoberts. - 9:37 pm EDT "

Owwwwwwwwwwwwww.....I remember telling people before this past season we'd either be much better without him or we'd struggle. I think the former was correct but most certainly, he could've been an asset and it would've been to his "nba" benefit too. Too bad he couldn't look past "the association" and bolted. It gets me...I grew up (and one day if it'd happen it'd be a real dream) wanting to put on a DUKE jersey and play college hoops. Never had a desire to want to be an nba player. Most kids I grew up felt the same way...well, wanting to play college hoops at least (too many hole fans surround me throughout my life), not play nba ball--you know, five small games of 1-on-1 with tons of travelling, fouling, and more divas than an opera.

McBob goes home

The Basketball Jesus acquires McBob? Say it ain't so, Larry. You should have gone after JJ.

This means I won't be able to watch him play anymore for the Idaho Stampede in the D-League. Best of luck, Josh!

Casa a McBob

It's pretty cool that he's back home in Indiana though.

Finally an Indiana team lands McBob!

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    It's pretty cool that he's back home [again] in Indiana though.
    (Emphasis and bracketed info added)

Sounds like the basis for a song!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    (Emphasis and bracketed info added)

Sounds like the basis for a song!
    Although not as good as the Jackson 5's "going back to Indiana".

Are there direct flights to Istanbul from Indianapolis?

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    hahah thats awful

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    haha, potd. i would call it "awe-SOME"

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    hahah thats awful
    But unfortunately - a likely scenario. He couldn't get minutes on a young team and he's going to one that's even YOUNGER.

However, he may be fortunate enough to get Dunleavy to mentor him - that is a similar situation that could have a MAJOR impact.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    But unfortunately - a likely scenario. He couldn't get minutes on a young team and he's going to one that's even YOUNGER.

However, he may be fortunate enough to get Dunleavy to mentor him - that is a similar situation that could have a MAJOR impact.
    interesting point Re: Dunleavy.

Portland, despite being young, was kinda loaded with talent even if the talent wasn't great talent, they had 10 guys who are going to be regulars in the league (aldrdge, frye, przybilla, outlaw, and thats just in the frontcourt.) and all of them could/would play significant minutes on any given night. I do have to admit that I thought with Oden's injury mcbob might actually see the floor, but...

Anyway, I think he'll have a better shot in indy with A) 1 year under his belt and B) going against the likes of troy murphy and david harrison for PT and C) a good/better attitude...then again maybe he won't, but I'll at least pull for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    However, he may be fortunate enough to get Dunleavy to mentor him
    Poor Dunleavy. He's a stud, a proven vet with a pretty nice performance under his belt with the Pacers. What's he done to deserve that kind of punishment?

Changes

According to the Indianapolis Star, McRoberts is delighted to come home:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1088/SPORTS04

Columnist Bob Kravitz adds that “there's every reason to believe that Bird, who is on his own for the first time as an executive, is not done dealing,” so it may be difficult to determine how this trade will affect McRoberts’ career until the dust settles:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1088/SPORTS04