Thread: OSU/Tennessee

OSU/Tennessee

DBR writes: "Ohio State has a rematch with Tennessee. In the first game, Greg Oden wasn’t really incorporated into the team, but he is now, and Ohio State is much better than they were in January. Forget the inside with Oden there, and defend the perimeter, and it’s hard to see how Tennessee pulls this off."

A couple of comments:
    1) Oden put up a 24 and 15 in that game. Maybe it was an individual effort, not in the context of a complete team effort, but it wasn't like he played poorly.
    2) Tennessee shot a woeful 7 for 31 from 3 point range in that game, and 5 for 11 from the free throw line, in a game that was AT OSU, and still only lost by 2 points.
    3) Tennessee is playing some great ball right now.
    4) OSU may or may not be better than they were in January, but I don't think anyone would argue that Xavier was the better team last weekend. If they hit one free throw at the end, or if Oden was called for an intentional foul, OSU wouldn't even be alive in the tourney.

For all these reasons, I think Tennessee has a legit shot tonight. Or maybe I'm just a foolish optimist, as I picked them in my pool...
    Last edited by npdevil27; 03-22-2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: didn't realize the word for male urination tool + eyed was a banned word, oops