Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft thread

Draft thread

Dont know if this belongs here or off topic, but how about a draft thread?

I love Rose 1.

I like Beasley 2, but unfortunately, in the NBA draft, trades aren't announced until the SECOND team picks, so Miami could have traded this pick and we won't know until pick 4, 6, whatever they traded down to.

Mayo at 3 is fine, hard to see him happy in tropical minnesota though...

I think Rose will be one of the biggest No. 1 pick disappointments ever. However, I think Chicago made the right choice based on their current situation.

I'm kinda feeling OJ will be the bigger disappointment. But, Love will definitely surprise.

Charlotte drafts D.J. Augustin? I guess MJ and Larry might be ushering Raymond "Hotplate" Felton out of town

Brandon Rush #13 to the Portland Trail Blazers---a terrific pick IMO; Portland is getting an excellent nucleus of good young players (particularly if Greg Oden is 100% physically). Rush just seems to me like a #2 guard who could play successfully for 10+ years in the NBA.

Noooooooooooooo!

Magic pick a shooting guard?

TRADE JJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Namtilal View Post
    Magic pick a shooting guard?

TRADE JJ!
    It is a little weird that they seem so intent on paying him $2 mil a year just to drink their gatorade.

Really surprised that Chalmers and Douglas-Roberts haven't been picked, especially in light of a couple of no name guards from mid major conferences that go selected before them. That George Hill kid had the same measurements as Dmarc. I hope he gets picked in the 2nd round, maybe Kyle Hines will get picked as well.

so JJ hickson goes 19th....

better than Ty lawson, ellington and greene...they couldn't even get a team to SAY they would take them, and jj goes 19...

man, i bet the three headed monster is cussing....

jj hickson MILLIONAIRE - ty lawson - NOT

JJ didn't even get invited to work out!!!!

According to Jay's best available list, Deron thug Washington is better Demarc.

5 to go, still no Demarc..

d. nelson

is he gonna get drafted in 2nd round?

Not gonna happen. Off to Europe I guess, or maybe someone will sign him on a tryout.

The end.

DeMarcus undrafted.

The end.
    None from UNC drafted either.

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    The end.

DeMarcus undrafted.
    Seriously, I don't understand how Deron Washington, who isn't as good of a player or have that good of an attitude, can get drafted and DeMarc can't. Really, I'm disappointed for DeMarc, because he deserved better than not being drafted. :-\

M.H.

Quote Originally Posted by camcraz25 View Post
    The end.
    None from UNC drafted either.
    Maybe if Quentin Thomas moves to Croatia or France and gets citizenship, he could be drafted.

Nelson is better off not getting drafted. He can work out for several teams after free agency/trades sort themselves out.

he may make a team yet...then he will just have to prove his worth...

i think he still has his degree from duke... so, he's gonna be ok..

Really Bad Boys

Looks like Detroit is serious about resurrecting their bad boy image. My hometown team, of sorts - but with 'Sheed and Deron, no way I can root for them. (and Rip - though he's not as unlikeable as 'sheed and deron, he had a role in foiling the '99 Duke juggernaut's roll to the title).

Bad Does NOT Equal Punk

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Looks like Detroit is serious about resurrecting their bad boy image. My hometown team, of sorts - but with 'Sheed and Deron, no way I can root for them. (and Rip - though he's not as unlikeable as 'sheed and deron, he had a role in foiling the '99 Duke juggernaut's roll to the title).
    Not under Mike Curry. Curry will be as hands-on as Flip Saunders was hands-off. There will be aggression and hard fouls, but not the punk attitude or displays you have seen from Washington.

Actually, the Pistons need Rasheed to ramp up his emotion and take over games. They hired Pat Sullivan (who will be a legitimate coach) in large part because of his relationship with Sheed (roommates in college). I was hoping that Larry Brown would want Sheed to come to Charlotte to show the other tarheels how to "play the right way", but the only players the Bobcats have that the Pistons would want are Gerald Wallace or Jason Richardson.

It looks like the Pistons will keep Sheed until his contract expires so they can get under the cap for free agency at the end of the year - which explains why they traded out of the 1st round and avoided giving out a guaranteed rookie contract.