Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Theater going opportunities with BD and Tilly in the Triangle

Also, if anyone is interested, BD and Tilly will be attending the '10X10 in Triangle Festival' on Saturday, July 12th. It's 10 plays, 10 actors, 10 minutes each, $10 a ticket. More info can be found at http://www.artscenterlive.org. If you do plan to go, PM me and/or Tilly and we'll look for you there.

Yes, these are the people that were so short sighted they DIDN'T pick my brilliant piece about what happens when a Dukie and a TarHeel get matched up by eHarmony but I'm going anyway. I know several of the playwrights that did make it in and I'm reporting back to them how it goes. I went to this event last year and I was mighty impressed with the production quality so bravo theater folks in Carrboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Also, if anyone is interested, BD and Tilly will be attending the '10X10 in Triangle Festival' on Saturday, July 12th. It's 10 plays, 10 actors, 10 minutes each, $10 a ticket. More info can be found at http://www.artscenterlive.org. If you do plan to go, PM me and/or Tilly and we'll look for you there.

Yes, these are the people that were so short sighted they DIDN'T pick my brilliant piece about what happens when a Dukie and a TarHeel get matched up by eHarmony but I'm going anyway. I know several of the playwrights that did make it in and I'm reporting back to them how it goes. I went to this event last year and I was mighty impressed with the production quality so bravo theater folks in Carrboro.
    Should we wear Duke paraphernalia as a quiet protest of their decision?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Should we wear Duke paraphernalia as a quiet protest of their decision?
    I would, plus maybe a big sign that says "10x10 Theater sucks!" That way, they will feel so bad about their decision to exclude Bostondevil that they may let you in for free.

I do have to give them credit for putting my play on their short list last year, even though it didn't get in. I do eventually hope to crack this festival, so, much as would like to encourage all Dukies to represent, I don't want to be known around this particular theater as a trouble maker.

Also, I'm enough of a poser when it comes to theater events that I usually wear black.

Hey, post 800, I should be Charlemagne.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Best of luck and keep trying. Even though you didn't get selected it is pretty cool that they held you in high consideration.

Okay all you Triangle DBR's, you missed out on a fun evening with us.

This was my first community theater experience, and I had a really good time. Now am really pulling for one of Bostondevil's plays to get in.

Tilly was also a great theater going partner. It was her first short play festival but I'm hoping it won't be her last. To the rest of you, go try one. And as for the ATL mafia, I'm hoping to find a festival in your fair city. You can't only meet at Braves games and bars, right?

Tilly suggested that we start a 'connections' thread for DBR posters who know each other in the real world.