Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Big Question on Draft Night

The big question on draft night isn't who will go first. Instead, the big question is who will have the worst suit. Can anyone top these classics:

Samaki Walker's classic white suit and matching hat

Bonzi Wells bring back the zoot suit

Drew Gooden in the WTF suit

The Mailman delivering the too short tie and the too tight pants

So who are you betting on for the worst suit in the green room on draft night? My money is on Michael Beasley - he's young and there are questions about his maturity. In draftspeak he has tremendous upside for a bold fashion statement. For second place I would go with Anthony Randolph because any time you have a guy 6-10 and weighs 197 lbs. you're going to end up with the ultra-baggy look.

So... who is your pick and why?

Green room invitees:

Joe Alexander (West Virginia) - Darrell Arthur (Kansas) - DJ Augustin (Texas) - Jerryd Bayless (Arizona) - Michael Beasley (Kansas State) - Danilo Gallinari (Italy) - Eric Gordon (Indiana) - DeAndre Jordan (Texas A&M) - Brook Lopez (Stanford) - Robin Lopez (Stanford) - Kevin Love (UCLA) - OJ Mayo (USC) - Anthony Randolph (LSU) - Derrick Rose (Memphis) - Brandon Rush (Kansas)) - Russell Westbrook (UCLA

I'm dressed just like Samaki Walker RIGHT NOW! Why is everyone looking at me funny?

The best part of NBA Draft night for me is the Jay Bilas drinking game - take a drink every time he refers to a player's wingspan or describes them as "long".

I used to play the "drink when someone uses the word upside" game, but I can't hold that much beer.

I'll go with Eric Gordon for worst suit, just on a gut feeling.

That's a pretty safe green room. Can we get, say, Chris Douglas-Roberts in there to make things interesting? I'm sick of these green rooms that are empty by the 18th pick.

Jalen Rose was always one of my faves.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/d...rose.draft.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post

I really hope Roy didn't buy him that suit.

I'm passing on this year's draft to bet big on the Hansbrough ensemble in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by gvtucker View Post

Jalen was actually in my original post but the BBS only allows you to have 4 images. My rationale for the 4 I picked was:

• If they every have a Worst Draft Suit Hall of Fame it's my belief that there will be an 8-foot statue of Walker at the front door.
    • Bonzi was in there to represent the entire generation of those extra baggy, 21-button suits that were a staple of the draft for several years.
    • Gooden is in there because he shows that you can take the extra baggy, 21-button suit and evolve it into something even uglier.
    • The Mailman is in there because for old school ugly. Plus, if I were on my game this morning, I could have gone with the caption "The Mailman Delivering the Package" in honor of those extra tight pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post

Obviously purchased at Dr. Evil's Discount Clothing Store:

Evil.jpg

-EvilJam

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post

That's a pretty safe green room. Can we get, say, Chris Douglas-Roberts in there to make things interesting? I'm sick of these green rooms that are empty by the 18th pick.
    With the way I've heard the experts dissing DeAndre Jordan, his stock could be falling, majorly. Let's home we get some drama and at least one of them is still in the green room late.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    This one is definitely in the running.

I want to know how you can be 6'6"+ and find a suit that is too big for you? Wells and Gooden look like they are swimming in their suits!

and the winners are (my opinion only):

finishing second is...OJ Mayo!!!
    ugly suit.jpg

ugly suit 1.5.jpg

and the winner is...Eric Gordon!!!
    ugly suit 2.jpg

ugly suit 2.5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by skitelz View Post
    and the winner is...Eric Gordon!!!
    Yes, Gordon's was far and away the worst. He looked like he should be bartending on a swanky boat or something with those black pants and white jacket. My gut comes through for me once again.

Proof Jay reads the boards

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I'm dressed just like Samaki Walker RIGHT NOW! Why is everyone looking at me funny?

The best part of NBA Draft night for me is the Jay Bilas drinking game - take a drink every time he refers to a player's wingspan or describes them as "long".

I used to play the "drink when someone uses the word upside" game, but I can't hold that much beer.
    In the Sports Center wrap-up AFTER the draft coverage, they sent it back to the draft coverage crew in NYC where Bilas stated one of the most surprising developments of the night was that he did not say "long" or "upside" during the draft coverage. It sure sounded like he made a conscious effort to avoid those words.

Was he trying to keep us sober??????

Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    In the Sports Center wrap-up AFTER the draft coverage, they sent it back to the draft coverage crew in NYC where Bilas stated one of the most surprising developments of the night was that he did not say "long" or "upside" during the draft coverage. It sure sounded like he made a conscious effort to avoid those words.

Maybe he didn't specifically use the word "long", but he had at least one sentence where he used "length" about 3 times. He was who we thought he was!

Quote Originally Posted by gvtucker View Post

I agree with you there - that was my all-time favorite!

Honorable mention to Karl Malone.

i didnt watch the draft - but what happened with DeAndre Jordan dropping to the second round? Did he make like Rashard Lewis and just leave the green room?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

If Bilas is intentionally trying to keep me from drinking, he is DEAD TO ME!

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    i didnt watch the draft - but what happened with DeAndre Jordan dropping to the second round? Did he make like Rashard Lewis and just leave the green room?
    I didn't think he was in the green room. ESPN made it seem like Darrell Arthur was the last player in the green room. He was taken 27th by N.O. and then traded to Portland for cash considerations.

SI's look at NBA fashion through the years

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...x.htm?bcnn=yes

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    If Bilas is intentionally trying to keep me from drinking, he is DEAD TO ME!
    Then I guess he's dead to you...

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...name=bilas_jay

"I am aware of the drinking games that are based upon the use of such terms, and I did my level best to reduce binge drinking across the country."