Weezy sells a mil!!

So who's heard it? I've been absorbing it and I like it more each time. He's definitely quality and has a few things on his mind.

I've been fortunate enough to watch his evolution since I lived in Houston back in 1997 and the Hot Boys were VERY new to the regional scene.

Oh and there are rampant rumors that the record company helped him hit the million mark but who cares right? That's an incredible statement by a record company...

The Carter III. I give it 4 stars out of 5 with another half possibly coming after a few more listens. What is it to you?

Supa "I AM Hip Hop" Dave...

Represent!

It's definitely a very solid album. A lot of the songs aren't bangers, but that's also a good thing. He raps over some beats that I didn't think he could (like Shoot Me Down or Let The Beat Build). I like just about every track on the album, especially the Kanye beats.

I still like Tha Carter II better than III (the first verse on "Money On My Mind" is the best verse he has ever put out and one of my favorite verses of all time), but III is still pretty good, and it's definitely the best album I've heard so far that's dropped this year.

P.S. Your thread title should read "Weezy Sells A Millie, A Millie, A Millie, A Millie!"
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I have to agree with you on the album format. He unabashadly (dang - is that spelled right?) follows the Jay-Z Blueprint formula. I've found that I can listen to it all the way through. That's ALWAYS a sign of a good album.

It's single driven but at the same time I can see many of those songs being videos. Babyface? Robin Thicke? (Who I remember riding a bike in his first video - I'm so on it). Jay-Z?

The best thing about it though? No Baby!!!

Code:
    ----- <-- this threads

o
    -|- <-- me
    / \
    wooosh!

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Code:
    ----- <-- this threads

o
    -|- <-- me
    / \