Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    times up for Cleveland, I suggest C DeAndre Jordan, he has the potential to be an all-star big man much like Andrew Bynum. LeBron could have an excellent go-to post option in a couple of years if he works hard and develops right.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix1686 View Post
    times up for Cleveland, I suggest C DeAndre Jordan, he has the potential to be an all-star big man much like Andrew Bynum. LeBron could have an excellent go-to post option in a couple of years if he works hard and develops right.
    Nope. You really think LeBron will still be in Cleveland in 2 years? Not me...

And when did Bynum become an all-star? He's not there yet...

BTW, Simmons and Chad Ford are catching up over on ESPN...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...tDebate-080624

So next year, instead of having us all jump in and grab teams and then not pick, maybe we should vote for two DBR people to do the same thing and play the Simmons / Bill Murray and Ford / Jane Curtin roles... Just a thought...

I think LeBron will still be in Cleveland. He's grew up in Ohio all his life. He's already been to the Finals once. If Danny Ferry can get his act together and get a decent sidekick for LeBron then I think he definitely stays. I think the only way he leaves is if the Cavs get worse over the next two years.

Yes, Andrew Bynum is not an all-star but he is well on his way to being one. If DeAndre Jordan develops like Bynum did (which is very possible) then you have a very dangerous Cavaliers team much like the Lakers team (pre-Gasol) this year

Denver - Donte Green...

Denver needs a big man, and arguably the best player left on the board at this point anyways.

I like Greene's potential but I think Mario Chalmers would have been a better fit. With Linas Kleiza, Kenyon Martin, Nene, Carmelo, and Camby the frontcourt is crowded, but PG is a real sore spot. Chalmers would have brought good defense and would have been another good shooter on the perimeter.

With the twenty-first pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the New Jersey Nets select Marreese Speights, PF/C, Florida.

This pick was a tough one. I was really hoping for DeAndre Jordan to fall here, but had no such luck. The Nets need an inside presence, which lead me to look at Speights, Arthur and McGee. McGee was intriguing, but really just too much of an unknown quantity to take here. Arthur doesn't seem like much of a banger and has been very inconsistent in NCAA play. Speights has shown a diverse skill set (post moves, mid-range, passing). He seems to have more... *gulp*... upside.

Good pick, Arthur is good but Speights can play a little bit of center as well as PF. He'll mix well with Sean Williams and Josh Boone.

Now it's up to Mike88 and Orlando. Let's see if we can keep the drafting going.

Now it's up to Mike88 and Orlando. Let's see if we can keep the drafting going.
    Come on Mike88! Take another 2-guard! Let's have another example of how the Magic really aren't going to use J.J.

the orlando magic select . . .

Chris Douglas-Roberts from Memphis

The Magic need help at power forward (until it is clear whether Tony Battie will return to his previous level of play after his shoulder surgery) and at shooting guard, as they will likely not re-sign Maurice Evans.

I would have been happy with Speights from Florida, but CDR offers a lot of upside at the 2 position. I think it is a close call between him and Courtney Lee, but I am going with Douglas-Roberts.

-mike

So we have:

1. Rose
    2. Beasley
    3. Mayo
    4. Bayless
    5. Love
    6. Randolph
    7. Gordon
    8. Alexander
    9. B. Lopez
    10. Gallinari
    11. Hickson
    12. Westbrook
    13. Augustin
    14. Kufos
    15. Ajinca
    16. Hibbert
    17. R. Lopez
    18. Rush
    19. Jordan
    20. Greene
    21. Speights
    22. Douglas-Roberts

Foreverblowingbubbles and the Utah Jazz are up

Chalmers - Best player available

good choice... they could use some more length in the PF/C position, but a good backup PG who plays good D and can hit shots makes sense.

its going to be quite interesting to see how this draft compares to the real one (if we finish this one in time)...

I'll say from the outset that I don't really like this pick. After Swift, Petro, and Sene, the last thing the Supes need is another project center. But... they do desperately need a center. So when there's a guy who's a legit 7', who knows how to play defense, who's shown range to the college 3, and who (unlike the aforementioned three draft picks) has played at a level higher than high school (or the equivalent), I think the Sonics roll the dice again.

The 24th pick is Jevale McGee, C, Nevada.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    The 24th pick is Jevale McGee, C, Nevada.
    That must be JaVale McGee's evil twin.

Houston

With nothing heard from Merry, let's say Houston picks an Olajuwan: Serge Ibaka for the pick 25.

San Antonio Spurs

With the 26th pick, San Antonio selects Darrell Arthur.

The question with San Antoinio is in relation to international players, as they have done well in the past by drafting future players who they leave overseas to gain additional experience. However, that hasn't worked out the best for them in the last couple of years. They actually gave up on Luis Scola, in spite of the fact that he seemed a better all-round player than Fabricio Oberto. The two internationals left on the board now, Nicolas Batum and Ante Tomic, have weaknesses in areas that the Spurs need strength. Arthur is the best on the board, and by many predictions would go much higher in the draft. He would provide a better set of skills than Oberto.

In terms of the pick for Houston, Serge Ibaka is predicted to grow to over 7', and in a couple of years will be quite a force to play alongside Yao Ming. They would provide defense - offense, and make it very difficult to play against Houston length.

New Orleans

For the sake of this draft, and if no one else is signed up for New Orleans, may I suggest that they would be best off by drafting someone to back up Tyson Chandler, someone who would be pretty much ready to go in that spot: Jason Thompson, one of the few seniors in the draft, with size and proven ability to rebound and score?

This will be my last post for awhile, as I'm feeling uncomfortable being the only poster on this thread this morning.

That must be JaVale McGee's evil twin.
    Indeed. I'll take the one who actually played
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke