Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bbar7502 View Post
    I select JJ Hickson for the Pacers, I'll give details after I get off work.
    I think that was even more of a surprise than Randolph.

I think that Sacramento would be delighted to have the choice between Westbrook and Augustin with the 12th pick. I think that Beno has significant potential, but beyond him they have nothing at the point. I'm actually torn but am going to go with Westbrook as I've seen him play a ton and think that he would provide a great counterpart to Beno, focusing on the defensive end while Beno is a very capable distributor. I know that he's incredibly athletic, and think that he can improve his shot, but I'm really not sure what his court vision is like (and this having seen him play a lot). UCLA didn't have much in the way of shooters to dish to and I think that he'd be able to get inside and find guys like Martin. His defense/size gives him the edge over Augustin.

Pacificrounder is on the clock...Is it too much to hope that he'll make his pick in the next 90 minutes despite not having logged on in 4 days?

Hickson was definitely a surprise and not a great pick in my opinion, however, the Kings would probably crap their pants if Augustin and Westbrook were both on the board

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Pacificrounder is on the clock...Is it too much to hope that he'll make his pick in the next 90 minutes despite not having logged on in 4 days?
    Yes.

You might want to make Russell Westbrook's name bold so people know he is picked.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix1686 View Post
    You might want to make Russell Westbrook's name bold so people know he is picked.
    How about this:

1. Rose
    2. Beasley
    3. Mayo
    4. Bayless
    5. Love
    6. Randolph
    7. Gordon
    8. Alexander
    9. Lopez
    10. Gallinari
    11. Hickson
    12. Westbrook

it'll work

it'll work
    Tough customer.

i didn't mean anything negative. i'm happy you posted that, it was an even better idea than just bolding the name

i didn't mean anything negative. i'm happy you posted that, it was an even better idea than just bolding the name
    I should have done one of these:
    No offense taken.

Back on topic, I guess since we're making after hours picks here, PacificRounder's clock doesn't starts until 8AM ET. With that name and the fact that he/she picked the Blazers, I'm guessing she/he is a fellow Oregonion. If the pick doesn't get made tonight, I'm guessing that someone else will be making it around 9:30ET tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I should have done one of these:
    No offense taken.

Back on topic, I guess since we're making after hours picks here, PacificRounder's clock doesn't starts until 8AM ET. With that name and the fact that he/she picked the Blazers, I'm guessing she/he is a fellow Oregonion. If the pick doesn't get made tonight, I'm guessing that someone else will be making it around 9:30ET tomorrow morning.
    Yep...it's not a good thing when some of the names are ones which I barely know or haven't seen before at all on this board. They could always be lurkers, not posters, but it often means they don't check regularly.

that's disappointing, i monitor the draft all day long then get two picks away only to find out we are basically done for today...and of course I won't be able to pick tomorrow until after 1:00

jj hickson

I'll admit the Hickson pick is a little iffy but here is my reasoning. Indiana (and I would if I could) is shopping around O'neal very hard. Word is that Toronto has offered up their 1st round pick and TJ Ford. Also the Suns have made some sort of offer involving Boris Diaw. There are some other unnamed teams that are interested too. To me Hickson is the best big availible with a lot of upside. He has gotten a lot of rave reviews in the draft camps and I always though he had the tools but maybe not the coach. I could see him fitting in nicely with the Pacers and if the Ford trade happens which I would take in a hearbeat they could then play with other players like Tinsley and get another quality player in the first round.

14. I checked earlier when there were two picks and it seemed like no one had any idea what was going on. unfortuantely, I can't check it every hour and there was no real indication of what time I was going to pick. Just checked now and my pick is gone.

Anyway, for the record given the picks at the time, I would have probably taken Love too. I'm not high on him but he fills a need and should have the room to develop in Memphis. If would have considered Westbrook too because he's probably the best available but they have such a logjam at the G that I probably would have went Love.

Next pick I'll take Koufos if he's on the board or if not I'll take Arthur.

Sorry for the missed pick. I made it last year but it slipped my mind this year. I definitely would have taken Beasley. He's too talented and Miami just needs to take the best player available. I'll make the 2nd round pick.

16. Also, for next year, probably an easier way to do this is to just set a day for the first 15 picks or so to have their preferences in. Each team sends the organizer their big board and they get the top guy on their board who is available. In other words, each team just messages whoever is running the draft and that guy resolves it and posts the first ten picks. Then people can come on in the next day or so when they have time and explain their picks and people can criticize etc. Could have the first 15 be due by Sunday night or something, then the next 15 the next day, etc. You'll run into some issues if a team has multiple picks in a given set, i.e. if a team has the 5 and 7 pick they may prefer guy A but depending on how the first 4 picks go they might pick guy B thinking its more likely A falls to them and they get both guys they want instead of having to go with option C. You;d have to work around that but would still probably go smoother....Anyway, thats my .02.

I pick for the Suns at #15, but I probably won't be able to make the pick before 1 today so if I don't make it before the 1 and a half hour time limit then somebody please pick one of these players in this order for my team. I'll explain my pick later in the day.
    1. D.J. Augustin
    2. Alexis Ajinca
    3. Robin Lopez
    Sorry, I was ready to go yesterday but today it'll be hard to get my pick in

Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

Anyone can now pick for Portland at 13 - first come, first served.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Anyone can now pick for Portland at 13 - first come, first served.
    With the 13th pick in the draft the Portland Trailblazers select Joe Alexander from West Virginia.