Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

DBR Mock Draft - MAKE PICKS HERE!

The draft is now on!!

Make your pick in this thread and please post some kind of explanation for what you did. There are NO TRADES ALLOWED.

As mentioned elsewhere, please make picks in a timely fashion. Between 8am ET and 6pm ET you will be "on the clock" and expected to make your pick within 1 1/2 hours. If you take longer than 1 1/2 hours... well, don't make me go there. Please let me know via PM if you can't keep up - let's try to finish this before the real thing Thursday evening.

Thanks, and enjoy!!!

Here is the draft order:

1. Chicago - ivduke - Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis
    2. Miami - Duke09 - Michael Beasley, F, Kansas State
    3. Minnesota - Eternal Outlaw - OJ Mayo, G, USC
    4. Seattle - pfrduke - Jerryd Bayless, PG, Arizona
    5. Memphis - TheBrianZoubekExperience - Kevin Love, PF, UCLA
    6. New York - Bob Green - Anthony Randolph, F, LSU
    7. LA Clippers - 91.92.01Duke - Eric Gordon, G, Indiana
    8. Milwaukee - Bluedog - Joe Alexander, F, West Virginia
    9. Charlotte - ugadevil - Brook Lopez, C, Stanford
    10. New Jersey - juise - Danilo Gallinari, SF, Armani Jeans Milano
    11. Indiana - bbar7502 - JJ Hickson, F, NC State
    12. Sacramento - Clipsfan - Russell Westbrook, G, UCLA
    13. Portland - Pacificrounder - D.J. Augustin, PG, Texas
    14. Golden State - TheBrianZoubekExperience - Kosta Koufos, C, Ohio State
    15. Phoenix - matrix1686 - Alexis Ajinca, C, Hyeres-Toulon
    16. Philadelphia - Turk - Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown
    17. Toronto - Dukie412 - Robin Lopez, C, Stanford
    18. Washington - bdh21
    19. Cleveland - dukejim1
    20. Denver - ForeverBlowingBubbles
    21. New Jersey - juise
    22. Orlando - mike88
    23. Utah - ForeverBlowingBubbles
    24. Seattle - pfrduke
    25. Houston - merry
    26. San Antonio - MarineTwinsDad
    27. New Orleans - STILL AVAILABLE!!!
    28. Memphis - TheBrianZoubekExperience
    29. Detroit - BD80
    30. Boston - Edouble
    31. Minnesota - Eternal Outlaw
    32. Seattle - pfrduke
    33. Portland - pacificrounder
    34. Minnesota - Eternal Outlaw
    35. LA Clippers - 91.92.01Duke
    36. Portland - pacificrounder
    37. Milwaukee - Bluedog
    38. Charlotte - ugadevil
    39. Chicago - ivduke
    40. New Jersey - juise
    41. Indiana - bbar7502
    42. Sacramento - Clipsfan
    43. Sacramento - Clipsfan
    44. Utah - ForeverBlowingBubbles
    45. San Antonio - MarineTwinsDad
    46. Seattle - pfrduke
    47. Washington - bdh21
    48. Phoenix - matrix1686
    49. Golden State - TheBrianZoubekExperience
    50. Seattle - pfrduke
    51. Dallas - STILL AVAILABLE!!!
    52. Miami - Duke09
    53. Utah - ForeverBlowingBubbles
    54. Houston - merry
    55. Portland - pacificrounder
    56. Seattle - pfrduke
    57. San Antonio - MarineTwinsDad
    58. LA Lakers - STILL AVAILABLE!!!
    59. Detroit - BD80
    60. Boston - Edouble
    Last edited by Carlos; 06-24-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Updating selections
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Uh, are we waiting on ivduke to make the first pick? It's been almost 3 hrs since he's been "on the clock"...

3 hours has passed, which is way too long, particularly for the first pick. I'm putting on my commissioner's hat and selecting Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis for the Bulls. Duke09 - you're on the clock.

yeah this is ridiculous, the actual NBA teams only get like 10 minutes so you would think somebody could make their pick, especially #1, within less than 2 hours

The Bulls just pulled a Minnesota Vikings! Weren't they the ones who didn't get their pick in a few years ago?

Now, a question on the Bulls taking Rose. If you were the GM, would you trade away one of your arsenal of guards? If so, which one would you get rid of?

I think it has to be Hinrich since Rose is more of a PG than a SG. If you trade Gordon then you are stuck with Hinrich and Rose in the backcourt. Gordon should be even better with Rose beside him.

The Bulls should look into trading Hinrich for Zach Randolph. That would solve their low post scoring issues and with Joakim Noah beside him they wouldn't be too horrible inside on D like the Knicks were with Randolph and Curry.

Hmmm... this is not going well. It looks like the clock is almost up on the second pick as well (30 minutes to go).

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Hmmm... this is not going well. It looks like the clock is almost up on the second pick as well (30 minutes to go).
    Is there any doubt it's Beasley? Might as well make the pick for Duke09...

2 and a half hours and counting...I don't think Duke09 will be picking

People - you've got to show up and make your picks. I'd like to put on my commissioner's hat as little as possible for the remainder of the draft. Nonetheless, since Duke09 is now an hour late, I'm making Miami's pick.

Riley made a lot of noise about not really liking Beasley, but since we can't trade in this draft, and he's head and shoulders the best player on the board, that's the pick - with #2, Miami takes Michael Beasley, F, Kansas St.

Eternal Outlaw, you're on the clock. Please pick before 3 eastern (but earlier if you can!).

I've been sitting at my computer excited to make my 30th pick all day...

Wow, it took 6 hours to get Rose and Beasley on the board!

So have IVDuke and Duke09 now lost the drafting rights in the next rounds? At this rate, will get to the second round next month.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    So have IVDuke and Duke09 now lost the drafting rights in the next rounds? At this rate, will get to the second round next month.
    I mean, it's not like there are dozens of posters clamoring to make their picks for them. I'll be much better about the 1.5 hour time limit from here on out - ~3 hours for each was too generous. Second round may shrink to a 1 hour time limit. And although everyone goes off the clock at 6 eastern, I encourage everyone to keep making picks through the night.

Also, we have a poster lined up for the New Orleans pick (again, if we ever get there).

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Could we set a goal of finishing the lottery today? This may be bold as there are only 4 more hours "on the clock".

Quote Originally Posted by matrix1686 View Post
    2 and a half hours and counting...I don't think Duke09 will be picking
    This is just another bad sign of the Heat management. They don't even have a clue when the draft is and who they're picking!

That's the problem with a Monday morning...you forget that it's the day the draft is happening and forget to show up to make your picks. I forgot until now, but apparently my 12th pick won't happen until Friday or something. The good part about that is I can just go with what actually happens

Hey, PFR... sorrry the draft is off the such a rough start. I appreciate your effort in putting it together. At least we know that after this third pick, we'll pick up some momentum. The posters for picks 8-10 are already on record in this thread and you know Bob Green's all hopped-up on caffeine pills (it's 3:30AM in Japan, I think) ready to make his pick.

Something that may help would be to change the thread title to the person whose pick it is? Another thing that would be helpful would be to edit the first post as picks are made so that there is a complete list as well as an easy way to see whose pick it is (assuming that changing the thread title is too much of a pain). I had to read through all the posts just to learn that we're still on the 3rd pick.

This is fun - I've always wanted to do a mock draft by myself on a public message board. Eternal Outlaw, your 90 minutes have expired. With the third pick in the draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select O.J. Mayo, G, USC.

And now a pick I'm actually supposed to make...

With the 4th pick in the draft, the Seattle (for now, and hopefully for a couple more years) Supersonics select their point guard of the future, Jerryd Bayless, G, Arizona.

Ridnour and Watson are highly paid underachievers at the point guard position. While the Sonics desperately need interior help, I'm not super excited about Brook Lopez as the solution to our center problems, and we really need a point guard too. Bayless has size, strength, and quickness. He may not be a perfectly natural point guard, but he can do enough to get Green and Durant the ball on the wings and make things happen in an up-tempo game, which the Sonics love to run. Extremely excited about Bayless in the green and gold.