Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Something that may help would be to change the thread title to the person whose pick it is? Another thing that would be helpful would be to edit the first post as picks are made so that there is a complete list as well as an easy way to see whose pick it is (assuming that changing the thread title is too much of a pain). I had to read through all the posts just to learn that we're still on the 3rd pick.
    Editing the first page would be great, and I kindly request a mods' assistance for that. For the time being, picks thus far are:

1. Rose
    2. Beasley
    3. Mayo
    4. Bayless

Memphis and TheBrianZoubekExperience - you're on the clock. Pick is due by 4:40 eastern.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I like the Bayless pick. Word of Seattle right now is that the Sonics are also strongly looking at B.Lopez and Russell Westbrook, but I agree with pfrduke that Bayless is the right pick. Lopez and Westbrook are going to be good players but Bayless has a chance at being a real star. With Bayless, Durant, and Jeff Green the Sonics would have a brighter future than if they took Westbrook or Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix1686 View Post
    I like the Bayless pick. Word of Seattle right now is that the Sonics are also strongly looking at B.Lopez and Russell Westbrook, but I agree with pfrduke that Bayless is the right pick. Lopez and Westbrook are going to be good players but Bayless has a chance at being a real star. With Bayless, Durant, and Jeff Green the Sonics would have a brighter future than if they took Westbrook or Lopez.
    Westbrook I don't understand as a PG pick. I think it's just a huge roll of the dice - he's not a guy who's had a lot of experience as a primary ballhandler. You can teach jumpshots if you have a PG with a weak shot. I'm not sure you can teach an athletic (but smallish) 2 to become a 1.

I think Bayless does have more PG skills than Westbrook but not many more. If the Sonics do take Bayless it will help that Jeff Green is such a good passer. I think Bayless is almost as much of a risk at PG as Westbrook, but the biggest difference is his scoring ability.The Sonics really need another scorer to pair with Durant. I doubt Green ever becomes that scorer, but Bayless could be and then you would have Green as a glue guy.

Here we go, TBZE, here we go! *CLAP* *CLAP*

New rules from here on out. Once 1.5 hours (1 hour in the second round) have passed, any poster may step in and make the next pick. First come, first served. Then the next team will be on the clock. So at 4:40 eastern, if TBZE has not made the pick, anyone can feel free to jump in and select for Memphis.

pfr "JasonEvans is so firing me as mock draft commissioner" duke

Memphis selects Kevin Love
    The Grizz need some post scoring and Love is the best big man left.

Bob Green PM'ed me his list of choices, and asked me to act as proxy.

With the sixth pick, the Knicks select Anthony Randolph, F, LSU.

His (brief) rationale - Anthony Randolph (a 6-10 SF with good skills, possibly a future Kevin Garnett).

91.92.01Duke - you're on the clock.

Worst pick of the draft so far. The last thing NY needs is a project like Randolph. The kid weighs 197 and is at least two to three years from making any kind of impact. Looks like things haven't changed in the Donnie Walsh era.

I think Westbrook was a more logical choice for NY. His skills are tailor made for D'Antoni. Westbrook would have provided explosiveness, toughness, defense, and some PG skills...all right now instead of later.

With the Seventh pick in the 2008 NBA draft the Los Angeles Clippers select Eric Gordon of Indiana. Big guard, with 6'9" wingspan, excellent scorer. If Maggete goes he can provide points. Hopefully, he will shoot better from the 3 sans injury. Gets to the line quite a bit. May contribute immediately. The Clippers need a point guard but Westbrook just isn't one (small 2 guard). The Clippers (if they were under my control) would look for a point guard in Free Agency or hope near devil Shaun Livingston heals successfully.

With the eighth pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Milwaukee Bucks select Joe Alexander, SF, West Virginia. Did you watch him destroy us in the NCAA tournament? This guy is a beast and his Orlando camp results confirm this. The Bucks needs pretty much everything, but they are particularly bad at small forward and center. They drafted Yi Jianlain last year at center, who has been very mediocre, but could still improve a lot. I think Joe Alexander is the best available player. It was between Alexander, Gallinari, and Brook Lopez for this pick. I just thick Alexander will prove to be the better NBA player than Lopez - he's much more athletic and has proven he can compete against the best of the best. Lopez would eat up lesser opponents, but I feel that he struggled against NBA level big men. Also, the Bucks drafted a center last year with the 6th pick, and I know nothing about Gallinari, so I didn't choose him. Alexander can also talk to Yi since he was born in Taiwan and lived in China for 6 years - so, that'll be nice for Yi!

With the 9th pick in the 2008 draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select Brook Lopez, from Stanford. Many people have questioned Lopez's ability, but I have confidence in Lopez and in Coach Brown's ability to develop him as a solid big man in the NBA. Brook Lopez at center, with Emeka Okafor and Gerald Wallace, hopefully these three will anchor a strong defense in the post. Also, hopefully Lopez will be able to use his offensive skills to draw a double team, which will leave good perimeter looks for Jason Richardson and Matt Carroll.

With the tenth pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the New Jersey Nets select Danilo Gallinari, SF, Armani Jeans Milano.

The Nets have their perimeter (Harris/Carter/Jefferson) locked in for at least the next three years. The post players, though, are either free agents or young projects (Josh Boone and Sean Williams). So with two first round picks, a post presence would be quite welcome. Lopez was the ideal pick, but the Bobcats snatched him up. After Lopez, there isn't much value in the post here. Westbrook is intriguing (primarily because he fell a little), but the Nets already have a versatile, explosive guard in Harris.

Gallinari is the best fit for this pick. He has some height at the small forward and adds a needed outside shooting touch. His range may pull big men away from the basket and create lanes for the aforementioned perimeter players. There is some speculation that the Nets already have deal with his agent. I would have been much more excited about Lopez here, but think we'll probably see this pick made in the real deal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix1686 View Post
    Worst pick of the draft so far. The last thing NY needs is a project like Randolph. The kid weighs 197 and is at least two to three years from making any kind of impact. Looks like things haven't changed in the Donnie Walsh era.

I think Westbrook was a more logical choice for NY. His skills are tailor made for D'Antoni. Westbrook would have provided explosiveness, toughness, defense, and some PG skills...all right now instead of later.
    Given that the first 3 picks were the standard ones off the mock drafts (and fairly accepted as being the top 3 players at this point) Randolph is far and away the surprise of our draft. I think that there is a good chance that Westbrook will be taken by NY if he stays on the board that long, but you never know.

Can a mod edit the first post of the thread to show who has already been picked? Otherwise this will start getting confusing pretty soon.

Here's a quick and dirty update:

1. Rose
    2. Beasley
    3. Mayo
    4. Bayless
    5. Love
    6. Randolph
    7. Gordon
    8. Alexander
    9. Lopez
    10. Gallinari

And Bbar is on the clock...I'm next.

Wink

I select JJ Hickson for the Pacers, I'll give details after I get off work.

Quote Originally Posted by bbar7502 View Post
    I select JJ Hickson for the Pacers, I'll give details after I get off work.
    Wow! Surprise pick right there. I'm interested to see the reasoning behind Hickson.

I'm gonna guess Bbar is trading away Jermaine O'Neal, otherwise, how in the world do you not pick Westbrook or Augustin?