Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    It's hard to say, really, as to whom I would compare Miles' game to, especially considering that Miles' max potential is nowhere near being reached yet. He is still very much growing into his game.

Yes, he's a forward, standing about 6'10." At about 215, however, that doesn't make Miles a very thick or sturdy big man. He's not too slim, but he's not big either, and has a long way to go in the strength department. That doesn't make him any less powerful on the offensive end, though. When he catches the ball inside ten feet and faces up (which is just about the only way he attacks the glass; he's not a back to the basket post), Miles is incredibly versatile and can finish great athletically. He has a nice ten footer, but his real strength lies in facing up and getting to the bucket. A very good put back type player, with great hands--a nice improvement from some of our other big men. He had some great put back dunks when I saw him play.

Defensively, he has some work to do. With his wingspan and height, he'll definitely be a nice plus for us, but he's more of a jumping shot blocker than a tough-minded defensive block right now. He held his own when facing up with Lance, but he will definitely need to put on some muscle. I could see him turning into a great defensive player one day, though, especially considering he's likely a four year guy.

As for the current Blue Devils versus the incoming and former Blue Devils, I was thoroughly impressed. The most impressive sight I saw: watching Elliot Williams clearly edge Gerald in a dunk-off after one of the scrimmages. Now I would never have guessed that Gerald wouldn't have held the most explosive hops title this coming season, but I may have been wrong. Elliot closed the books on the contest with a 360 windmill, a smooth as silk slam in which he effortlessly brought the ball down near his knees before guiding it through the orange cylinder. That dunk literally cleared the exits in cheers. (Gerald's also coming off surgery, so take it for what it's worth. Elliot is still a monster, however.)

When I have more time away from my work, I will try and layout what I saw a little more clearly.
    Did he make any (a) layups, (b) mid-range jump shots, (c) three pointers or (d) free throws?

Haha, yes, he did make more than just a couple of put back jams

I obviously don't remember every detail, but Miles hit a few nice 8 to 10 footers during the couple of games I saw him play in, as well as some contested layups while facing up and drving to the goal. He has a nice mid-range feel to his game, one that, with some polished work in the hands of the Duke staff, could become lethal with his quick athleticism.

I did not, however, see any three-pointers made or attempted from Plumlee during the time I was watching him. His outside shot (three-point shot, rather) isn't quite there yet. That is definitely one aspect of his game that could greatly be worked on in order for Plumlee to become a dominant ACC forward, especially at his size. Like I said, Miles is not an Elton Brand type player. He's not going to be physical and dominate you low in the post. He's going to face you up, from what I have seen. And as that type of player, I would assume that a true outside shot, one that is both productive and reliable, will become a necessity in order to play against ACC forwards of the same mold.