Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    My parents got salmonella from a seafood restaurant in Laurinburg NC in 1980. My dad was sick for about 3 weeks I think and my mom was sick for 4 months. While pregnant with my sister. I was only 3.5, but actually have a visual memory, in the kitchen of that house, of my dad having to drink an entire bottle of Pepto.
    I have never been sicker (well, except for when my appendix turned gangrenous) than after eating at a Captain D's. "Great little seafood" place my puhtooke! To this day I will not touch Red Lobster, Captain D's, seafood at Chinese buffets, any of that junk.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    I have never been sicker (well, except for when my appendix turned gangrenous) than after eating at a Captain D's. "Great little seafood" place my puhtooke! To this day I will not touch Red Lobster, Captain D's, seafood at Chinese buffets, any of that junk.
    I am deeply sorry that you had to learn that lesson the hard way. A high school girlfriend and her family were freaks for Captain D's. That should've been my warning sign.

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    I'd say seafood, esp. shellfish, at ANY buffet is highly questionable... though I do occasionally go to Todai.

I love Todai...go there whenever I get a chance. Usually the one in Woodland Hills but I started going there(well, the parents took me) starting back in the 1980's.

ok to eat now

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080717/D91VTCU80.html

of course, doesn't affect me since I've been eating tomatoes the entire time... mwahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    I'd say seafood, esp. shellfish, at ANY buffet is highly questionable... though I do occasionally go to Todai.
    No buffets, salad bars, etc. for me. I've seen WAY too many kids sneeze all over their hands and then touch the tongs for me to ever go through that again.

As for seafood specifically, I'm a total snob. If I'm not within 200 miles of the ocean, or at a HIGH class restaurant that can afford to fly it in fresh, the seafood is strictly off limits.

Better that than....

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I have been craving a BLT and I cannot get one thanks to salmonella. I could've made one a week ago (I had pre-salmonella tomatoes) but I wasn't craving it and eating your own sandwich just isn't the same as having someone else make it for you.

sigh.
    Ebola.

dth.